Using blueray player for cds

First of all cheap bluray players don't have a DAC, so they can work only as a transport. Unless you think about something like $600 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player DP-UB820. So, the answer is $600 bluray player with whatever high resolution files cannot compete with $2000 CDP. 

$300 BRP + $1000 DAC still is worst than $2000 CDP.

$1000 DAC with asynchronous usb connection to laptop will get close.  

CD quality is actually very good, I have a problem to distinguish the difference between CD and high res files. 

Have a look at http://www.2l.no/hires/ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irek said:

First of all cheap bluray players don't have a DAC, so they can work only as a transport. Unless you think about something like $600 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player DP-UB820. So, the answer is $600 bluray player with whatever high resolution files cannot compete with $2000 CDP. 

$300 BRP + $1000 DAC still is worst than $2000 CDP.

$1000 DAC with asynchronous usb connection to laptop will get close.  

CD quality is actually very good, I have a problem to distinguish the difference between CD and high res files. 

I find it quite fascinating all the different options and possibilities.  Especially with the advancement of technology.  

4 hours ago, Irek said:

I did read an article the other day about streaming audio that after 320 kbs alot of people cant hear much difference with cd quality.  I'm guessing the difference with cd and flac would be even smaller. I will check out the link thank you

I use my Panasonic 4K player as a transport into my Weiss DAC as well as my dedicated CEC CD transport, also connected to my Weiss via SPDIF. It's no contest really, the Panasonic is way behind in sound quality

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

On 12/04/2019 at 2:18 PM, betty boop said:

yes just HDMI and coax out...

347cf593e6a64915d3f0f1dc2fa6447d?fmt=pjp

if you get the chance id encourage to try a dedicated cd player just analog out into your vincent :)

Sp dif and two hdmi one is audio only

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ashtray83 said:

Sp dif and two hdmi one is audio only

Indeed I was suggesting dedicated CD player via analog out to the Vincent.

other option as suggested above I’d get a dac, though no idea how good pana is as a transport :) and CD players are so cheap !

I use a Denon Pro CD/MP3 player as transport for CD's connected via coax to a Musical Fidelity DAC. Works a treat but still doesn't sound as good as vinyl.....  ?

• Like 1