Is anyone watching Rake?

This is such a good show. very well written for the most part with a note perfect performance by Richard Roxborough... Great stuff.

Cheers

M

Mrs Mustud loves it. She has even got Grandma Mustud ont it. I tend to half watch it.

Wonder what Grandma Mustud thought of that episode with the dog fancier...

excellent series lots Aussie talent Rachel Ward directed excellent name guest stars.

Richard Vidler on conversation hour interviewed the co writer on whom the story is based. Very interesting Character.\M

Yes........the Rake character seemed to be nothing like him.

it is a channel 2 drama. I don't know if will appeal to the general 'public' but i recommend it to those seeking something else.

Rake is someone different, who thinks, behaves poorly and doesn't always get it right. But try's hard, and has a good, independent time along the way.

You can't predict where the plot is going to go.

benje

I don't think it is mediocre, I think it is great; very clever script, and great acting. In some ways, it is quite nostalgic, as it is a Bar where everybody knows everybody else, which is the way it was back in the 50s and 60s, I think.

Of course, there are liberties taken with the processes and substance of the law, but it is still closer to the spirit of the law than most of the American programmes.

Logicprobe, why do you find it mediocre?

It was the first one.

It ain't no Boston Legal!

I haven't seen Boston Legal, but it would be odd if it were, given that that program presumably looks at a legal firm in Boston, not a barrister in Sydney.

I find the American legal shows ridiculous, on the whole.

I haven't seen Boston Legal, but it would be odd if it were, given that that program presumably looks at a legal firm in Boston, not a barrister in Sydney.

I find the American legal shows ridiculous, on the whole.

That was the whole point of the show!

Boston Legal is a great show.

Completely different kettle but still a great show.

I dont see the reason or substance in the comparison for obvious reasons.

In the meantime I cant wait to see the next Rake episode.

Mitchell