Brisbane headfi club????

Guest Benjet

1 hour ago, alphanumerix1 said:

Are we thinking march or april at this stage?

Whatever suit the masses. I'm open to pretty much any date. Let's put up few dates and then we'll pick the most suitable from them.

Ok another update to the meet. Not only will we have Clays new headphone amp there, but it's looking like we'll also have a new unofficial upgraded version of the Fein DAC to pair with it. I'm excited. I hope to get as many ears on Clay's creations as possible. This meets going to be a cracker, so get the suggestions in for a date and let get this booked.

Checked my diary and just got to clean the fish tank on that day. I had a talk to my goldfish and he’s ok if I bump it to Sunday. Oh, I might want to check with the misses as well. Pencil me in and consult/negotiate with the minister of war and finance. Wish me luck [emoji1696][emoji1696]

30 March might be doable for me! Did you want me to bring along the groB dac + lpsu to compare with the fein dac?

That would be great, more gear the better. What are you using for an amp these days? I was shocked that you sold off your Bryson and even more shocked when I missed buying it.

Ok I’m all good for the 30th. Had to promise I wouldn’t buy any more gear “at” the meet. So all sales to me will have to be finalised the next day [emoji6]

So, what time is the meet and where? I can only stay for a little while as I have things to do in the late afternoon.

Depending on numbers, It’ll be at my place again or at my work which is a Capalaba. I reckon a kick off time of 9 works well.

I’ve been talking to Clay about his Fein DAC that will be at the meet. It sounds like it’s a beauty. I Clay own words, he described it as the best DAC he has ever made. That’s a big call and I personally can’t wait to get my ears on it. Better still, Clay himself may be attending.....[emoji1696]This meet is becoming a monster. I’m thinking of a kick off time of 9 and to accomodate enough time for everyone to get around to listening to everything they want, I’ll run this into the afternoon. I’ll put on tea, coffee, soft drinks and cakes. Also people want to chip in and get their order to me, I’ll arrange a Subway platter for lunch.

Let’s get an early roll call on who’s coming and what gear they’ll bring. I’ll go first:

I’m coming, well I have no choice as it’s at my place ;)

Headphones:
HE-500*
HD-650
Utopia

DACs
PDX
QED Digit*

Amps
GS-X mk2
Oatley tube amp
Sanctum (Bottlehead Crack clone)*
AMB M3*
Thackray UNO*
Thackray DUO*

*these are the things my wife would like me to try to sell. I don’t really want them gone, but I really don’t want a divorce either. So they available if anyone is interested, along with some Burson opamps and some tubes (some really nice ones too)

I'll be there.

Headphones:
HD800
HE-6
ZMF Auteur 

Dac:
RME ADI-2

Amp:
THXAAA 789

Mmm HD800. I want to hear these with the Sanctum. I had some HD800s for a bit but never put them through their paces on this amp and I have some sweet tubes to try [emoji106]

I have a mate coming who isn’t on SNA so I’ll post a “I’m coming” for him

Gear

Headphones
HE1000 v1

DAC/amp
Oppo HA-1 with a Thackray DUO tube hybrid amp stage.

Quite a nice setup and fine tuned by yours truely.

Happy to chip in for food/snacks/drinks 

I’ll cover the basics tea, coffee and some yummy cakes/snack. It’s just lunch we’ll need. I suggest Subway, but am open to suggestions.

But wait, you want more....How about a lucky door prize. I have a Thackray UNO hybrid amp that was given to me by the amps designer. He was selling these on eBay for $120 and is surplus to my needs. Great sounding unit with the ability to roll tubes (welcome to the madness). Up until recently I was using one of these as my main amp. Anyhow that’s the prize. Everyone who confirms their attendance before the 20th will get any extra ticket in the draw. You have to be at the meet to claim the prize. 

0C1F135D-188F-4C9C-8BB6-C82F6BF3B74E.jpeg