No love for Fetch?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Marc said:

Is that current @:) al? - just looked on Good Guys online and it's full price still :(

ebay store sorry i should have clarified.

need to use their CGOOD code 

https://www.ebay.com.au/rpp/thegoodguys/tgg-tvs-audio

when checking out, see fetch here,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-FETCH-TV-M616T-Mighty-4-Tuner-PVR-/122536760074?_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D550c0e48e4b0ccd5816d9c3a%26rpp_icid%3D57e1e4aae4b0cf33b311a58e

ends couple of days ! 

2 hours ago, al said:

by the way all, if not getting one through optus. good guys have 20% off through which buys both mighty and mini fetch units quite cheaply :)

Be aware that if you are getting your Fetch with an ISP (Optus) that you can't add in store bought boxes to your existing account. So if you watch FetchTv via a Optus Plan then its possibly best to get the second box from Optus as well.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

35 minutes ago, pgdownload said:

Be aware that if you are getting your Fetch with an ISP (Optus) that you can't add in store bought boxes to your existing account. So if you watch FetchTv via a Optus Plan then its possibly best to get the second box from Optus as well.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

peter im not buying one as a 2nd, i was just advising incase someone else was considering. by the way adding a 2nd fetch via optus is not cheap in my opinion. and for us it was better / cheaper to hand in our tivo to get the special rate on fetch hn do in that case. so would advise anyone getting a 2nd through optus to check and make sure deal getting as might be better to buy outright especially if discounted. 

you can run optus yes tv and shop bought fetch units. all you loose is multi room which we didnt want anyways. they still work just work independently of each other. but yes if wanting multi room either stick with both units as shop bought or optus supplied yes tv fetch units :) 

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, pgdownload said:

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Anyone need 2 x Optus Mightys? I made this mistake buying them on eBay that weren't disclosed as Optus supplied boxes. I now can't use them (I'm not an Optus customer). We absolutely need the multi-room functionality.

4 minutes ago, Marc said:

Anyone need 2 x Optus Mightys? I made this mistake buying them on eBay that weren't disclosed as Optus supplied boxes. I now can't use them (I'm not an Optus customer). We absolutely need the multi-room functionality.

Surely there's a way to hack them?

12 minutes ago, Marc said:

Gosh ! Isn't it illegal to them to sell. As you wouldn't be able to activate ? Am not sure optus will provide a code to activate units they haven't supplied you. Can you lodge a case on eBay? 

It's easy to identify the optus units as they are listed as yes TV in branding :)

31 minutes ago, al said:

peter im not buying one as a 2nd

It was more a heads up to anyone else reading and considering the purchase. Many people end up surprised they can't use multi room when they buy their second box not via Optus.

FWIW I'm not a big fan of leasing anything. Unless government subsidised its invariably a much worse deal IMO. Optus have just launched a whole leasing option for their mobile phone plans. Its completely senseless locking the customer into all the risk if the phone is damaged or lost and you end up after 2 years with nothing to show for it. Amazingly Optus also offer a standard PAYG phone option where you own - the phone outright after 2 years - its has all the options and benefits of the lease plan and none of the down side - its just a few ($5ish) more expensive each month. So far the only reason anyone at Optus has come up for why someone would go the leasing option is "Some people don't like the hassle of working out what to do with their 2 year old phone." :rolleyes:

Regards

Peter Gillespie

27 minutes ago, Marc said:

Multi room works on boxes bought in store (but all the boxes have to be bought in store). You just can't mix an Optus and store bought box.

That said you should still be able to access recordings across any boxes just not subscriptions to pay channels etc.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

7 minutes ago, Marc said:

I definitely can't access recordings from one box to another between a store bought and a yes branded box.

mine definitely work independently :)

the only benefit of the yes units are the subscription channels they throw in or ones you might buy but to be honest even with the ones thrown in there isn't one we have bothered with ! 

21 minutes ago, pgdownload said:

FWIW I'm not a big fan of leasing anything. Unless government subsidised its invariably a much worse deal IMO. Optus have just launched a whole leasing option for their mobile phone plans. Its completely senseless locking the customer into all the risk if the phone is damaged or lost and you end up after 2 years with nothing to show for it. Amazingly Optus also offer a standard PAYG phone option where you own - the phone outright after 2 years - its has all the options and benefits of the lease plan and none of the down side - its just a few ($5ish) more expensive each month. So far the only reason anyone at Optus has come up for why someone would go the leasing option is "Some people don't like the hassle of working out what to do with their 2 year old phone." :rolleyes:

yep i just bought my phone out right and got a plan for optus. my quick calcs showed the plan payg was going to be a rip off. the byo phone made more sense. i skip gen on phones and will likely get a new one in sept. with work my phone gets pretty heavy use so happy to pass onto family as hand me down. and upgrade myself. 

i read an article saying how we are so unique in the world with this wierd model.