Alien: Covenant

30 minutes ago, jutta said:

Really enjoyed Prometheus watching it again after seeing Covenant at the cinema. Was excellent on second viewing.

Likewise.

Definitely an enjoyable watch and the sonic/visual experience makes up the bulk of the enjoyment (for my part). Love the opening sequence.

I was a tad disappointed with Covenant (special mention to a previously noted silly scene with Daniels swinging around outside the ship).

Must watch it again with a lot less expectation and then,  I might be pleasantly surprised :)

Edited by 709er

• 6 months later...

I've just caught up with this thread and gee, some people are hard to please. I haven't watched 'Covenent' yet but as I am not 'UP MYSELF" and understand that even movie directors and script writers aren't perfect, I never expect perfection. Oh and I know of one headline we'll never see......

"Ridley Scott hands directorial reins for next Alien movie to Sime from stereonet"

Get a grip Sime....while you're welcome to voice your 'opinion' and have a right to be 'disappointed', you're not as clever as you think you are. If you were, you'd be directing movies, making squillions AND 'winning academy awards' wouldn't you? FFS, there is no such thing as the perfect movie.......

PS: I loved Prometheus even though I acknowledge it is far from perfect. Hint: Don't ever watch a movie expecting perfection or leave thinking you could do better. Having read a lot of the 'opinions' of this movie on this thread, I am looking forward to watching 'Covenent'.....without prejudice.:) I'll get back to you with my 'opinion'.

Edited by stevoz

• 4 weeks later...

Well, a couple of nights ago, I finally caught up with this movie on Blu-ray. Visually and soundtrack wise, I loved it. Great production. As for the story, once it tied in with Prometheus, ie: after they arrived on the 'signal sending planet', I thought it was all making sense, although I can see why some were disappointed with the final explanation of how/why the Aliens came to be. I can see the logic of blaming AI (that's a-i, not a-l) but was hoping for a more natural alien evolution but still with a twist.....the twist that came seemed a bit of a cop out. Overall though, a very good movie and a worthy addition to the 'Alien' cinema world. ⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5.....and I would never claim I could do it better.;)

• Like 2