The Dish on Bluray - Finally!

1 hour ago, Loupo said:

just a reminder guys, JB HiFi are not the only DVD shop in town, however a lot of shops do have it in stock

other places to try are...

ABC Shop

Sanity

EZY Dvd

BIG W

K Mart

Amazon

I ordered it from JB because of the 20% sales and I am in no definite rush to receive it. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i got a text to say mine was in, so could finally go swap my earlier version ive had since may last year ! no problem with the swap. The cover of old and new looks different. i hope my faulty, recalled version doesnt go back out on the shelf :D 

looking forward to watch this :)

5 minutes ago, dupont said:

oh wow, i never thought of that,

can you supply a picture of the old one so nobody falls for this trap :mellow:

if i still had it i would but i have swapped it over ! just look at the online picture of the current one and make sure what you pick up looks like it. the old one was $2 cheaper :D 

• 2 months later...
Just now, stevoz said:

I love the Dish as a movie but seriously, is this a movie that needs to be in HD? It's hardly a blockbuster with insane visual effects and a killer soundtrack.......:cool:

it looks absolutely stunning on blu-ray.

well worth getting. we watched the re released edition a month or so ago ? its like it was made the other day :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sime said:

I might watch this tonight. 

its a beautiful teimless snapshot of australia. and why enjoy movies like this. its come across to blu-ray better than say castle that is a bit dated and a more budget affair but still a good bit of fun.

when i say stunning is given the age of it. no its not some show case of audio visual splendour of blu-ray anything like that but there wasnt anything i woudl critise in the audio or video of it and blu-ray does good justice to it :) its a pretty well made film which i think helps it.

There's no doubt about the 'Working Dog' teams talent for knowing Australia, it's audience and what's taps into our funny bone. So many top shelf TV shows over the years and movies that strike a immediate chord with the Australian psyche.:) Their strike rate is phenomenal!

• Like 1

Has an excellent soundtrack too. First half with many Aussie classics (especially Russell Morriss's Wings of an Eagle) and the second half with the James Horneresque - Apollo 13) orchestral score by Edmund Choi. Purchased this after watching the new, post botched version, BD. Thoroughly enjoyable :)

• Like 1

On 07/04/2018 at 1:35 PM, :) al said:

it looks absolutely stunning on blu-ray.

well worth getting. we watched the re released edition a month or so ago ? its like it was made the other day :)

So now 1080/24P?