New Samsung 65" Ks Series Tv Prices

Hi guys,

After reading the reviews of the new Samsung 65KS8000 it looks like it will be my next TV. I've rang JB Hifi and Good Guys in Melbourne today and they literally have just unboxed these TVs and put them on display. Looking at $5499 retail price but would be able to get around $5000 for the 65". I suppose because they are so new the price wont get better than that for a while. Might just have to wait a month and see what happens.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony, Samsung, take your pick. After calibration there is stuff all difference in real world performance between those brands and their models, but a 75" simply dominates a 65", no contest.

Edited by Owen

Sony, Samsung, take your pick. After calibration there is stuff all difference in real world performance between those brands and their models, but a 75" simply dominates a 65", no contest.

Where is the 85 incher because for me 75 inch is to small. Being use to a 100 inch 1080p Hecto projector will be hard to go back to something a lot smaller but anything in the range of 85 to 90 inch would be barely acceptable for me.

Samsung has the annoying micro stutter with a 1080i foxtel feed and the Sony doesn't.Sony has now and always had better picture processing than samsung which is more than stuff all to me.

Samsung has the annoying micro stutter with a 1080i foxtel feed and the Sony doesn't.Sony has now and always had better picture processing than samsung which is more than stuff all to me.

It is stuff all to me because I never use any TV's internal picture processing and my screens are use as monitors.

Where is the 85 incher because for me 75 inch is to small. Being use to a 100 inch 1080p Hecto projector will be hard to go back to something a lot smaller but anything in the range of 85 to 90 inch would be barely acceptable for me.

75"is fine as a TV, but for movies its 100" minimum IMHO unless you are sitting very close.

Maybe your Samsung did, but I have two Samsung LCD's and have been viewing Foxtel (via Austar boxs) running 1080i since it first came out, no problem with any "micro stutter" on either. I also had a Sony which was no problem either.

Up until about a year ago Sony TV's had no proper colour or gamma adjustment which made accurate calibration impossible. Samsung have had that covered for years, so their "picture processing" was ahead in my book.

My space suits the 65" version. Just got a great price through Union Shopper. Think I'll go with that.

Must be a small space with a very close viewing distance. Hope that works out well for you.

Picked up the 65ks8000 last night. Very happy. Awesome picture. SD even look good on this.

Can you give me a rough price on how much pay for this set ? Just interested as it will probably be a TV I will be looking at toward the end of the year.

Picked up the 65ks8000 last night. Very happy. Awesome picture. SD even look good on this.

It depends on what you call good.These are premium prices that they are charging for an old technology so my question is.Why can't i buy a premium price tv with a consistent image across the entire screen?I have searched for a good lcd for years and every time i have pulled the trigger on one i get it home and it has horrible inconsistencies across the image.I had last years 8000 series samsung and when i got it home it had like 6 cm down either side of the screen on a high contrast image that was lighter than the rest of the screen.I went into HN last week and the put a simple gray slide on the new 900 series sony 65" and it was a horror show with light and dark patches all over the place.On the flipside i bought a 32" benq pc monitor 3 weeks ago with a va panel that calibrates to perfect colour,has no dead pixels and no ugly light or dark spots.

Edited by IviewHD

I'm waiting until 2525... :blink:

Neat tune. Right up there with Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft :) What I meant to say was it seems strange to be pricing high end TVs more than six months out. Chances are better tech will be available by then and the price will have shifted by $1000's anyway.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Right up there with Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft :)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Good one... Karen Carpenter had such a great voice. That DJ, massive modern day sample too "what would you like to hear again"? :D

JSmith :ninja:

• 2 months later...

only posting this here exclusive for DTV members, (not posting it on WP just yet,), but Domayne have sent out  flyers that can get you $400 off any ticketed item over $2000, including already reduced prices, its limited to Kotara, Maitland, Warrawong, West Gosford, Fyshwyk and Gold Coat Bundall between Thu 28th and 31 July only

now if you live in any of those areas you can use it as a bargaining chip at HN, Myer, BL and GG (even if you dont actually have one they will know about it) ...however i think its getting publicised tomorrow for everybody

also this place has the cheapest prices on Samsung 8/9 series going at the moment (about $500 cheaper than the Big 4)

https://www.appliancecentral.com.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=129#category_id=129&page=1&path=129&sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=200&route=product%2Fcategory&min_price=185&max_price=7930&manufacturer[]=13

UA65KS9000 = $4550 (Big 4 = $4995, Myer special = $4799)

UA65KS8000 = $4200 (Big 4 = $4696, Myer special $4399)

its a BnM store and they do deliver, but that ends Sunday

i managed to score a UA65KS9000 for $4500 after most of the Big 4 (apart from JB) matched the Appliance Central prices

there is a bit of a stock shortage of 8 Series at the moment and 9 series are drying up as well, but good luck, use the Domayne coupon to get a good deal atm, its end of month salesman day

B)

Edited by mello yello

On 13/05/2016 at 9:44 AM, Jliang70 said:

Can you give me a rough price on how much pay for this set ? Just interested as it will probably be a TV I will be looking at toward the end of the year.

this weekend, as per above you could wrangle it for $4200

https://www.appliancecentral.com.au/samsung-65-inch-samsung-series-8-65-inch-ks8000-4k-suhd-tv-ua65ks8000w

Domayne and HN and Myer all matched that, nobody was prepared to go under that though,

JB tried to sell me the extended warranty that i already get under consumer law to justify $4500 "lowest price" LoL (bloody highballers)

for $300 more the 9 series looks the real goods, which is what i did ;-)