Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

Thanks. I just tried. I only have a pair of front speakers. I use Oppo 105 and down mixed everything to LT/RT mode to drive my amp and the front speakers. Sound not as powerful as I hoped. Maybe I still need an AV receiver/amp somewhere in the chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I just tried. I only have a pair of front speakers. I use Oppo 105 and down mixed everything to LT/RT mode to drive my amp and the front speakers. Sound not as powerful as I hoped. Maybe I still need an AV receiver/amp somewhere in the chain.

You are using the digital volume control in OPPO - in my experience, it sounds softer compared against a separate stereo preamp or AVP which is in between the player and amp.

Just popped in the xrcd and my fav cd on a beautiful chill and cool Sunday morning, so so good the Oppo , the source is so important.....

Been listening since 9.30am, almost 3 hours, no fatigue. Just gets better. Flagship Sabre DAC power !

Just music today, SYOK lahhh!

You are using the digital volume control in OPPO - in my experience, it sounds softer compared against a separate stereo preamp or AVP which is in between the player and amp.

That maybe it. Soft indeed compared to using my regular preamp to drive the amps in my 2-channel music setup.

That maybe it. Soft indeed compared to using my regular preamp to drive the amps in my 2-channel music setup.

Hi are u using the dedicated stereo pair output(with xlr/rca)? Try use the xlr output and set to downmix stereo on audio processing for xlr this will bypass all speaker configuration give u full signal output to amp plus give u 6db more gain over rca. I agree with Doggie that the input sensitivity of amp/speaker matching are the key. Hope this help.

Hi are u using the dedicated stereo pair output(with xlr/rca)? Try use the xlr output and set to downmix stereo on audio processing for xlr this will bypass all speaker configuration give u full signal output to amp plus give u 6db more gain over rca. I agree with Doggie that the input sensitivity of amp/speaker matching are the key. Hope this help.

Tks for advice. No I use RCA from the FR and FL audio out to the RCA inputs of my power amps. The only xlr inputs on my power amps are already used up by my preamp for music.

My unit transported safely to HK last evening:-

Thanks James!!

(Audio)

Thank you Audio as well :).

The first batch of 205 is all sold out.  We discussed with OPPO for another batch with special price.  More infos here : http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=265463.msg1241837;topicseen#new

thanks !

James.

I had an HDMI issue before and I am very frustrated over it.

All my previous 3 players exhibited some form of instability when I used dual HDMI in my system.  (Samsung, Panasonic, Sony)

Here is the configuration.

(1) 4K Blu ray player; video HDMI 1 connects directly to Projector HDMI 2 video input.  (I switch to HDMI 2 on the projector to get direct 4K feed from the player)

(2) 4K player; audio only HDMI 2 connects directly to AVP.

(3) AVP HDMI video output connects directly to Projector HDMI 1 input.  This allows me to play from sources that only have one HDMI output or when I need to see the text overlay from the AVP, like in instances when I am doing setup.

I will get intermittent re-syncing and instability of the connections especially when I play dual mode from the 4k Player no matter what.  Disconnecting the AVP video output to the projector solved the problem but hell, I don't want to physically connect and disconnect the AVP HDMI plug when I am changing sources.

Well, I have isolated the problems to AVP HDMI signal input sensitivity and the Denon AVP-HD1A seems to handle lower HDMI signal from sources better than the Marantz 8802A.

Now, the Oppo 205 just change it all.  I tested this issue with the Oppo 205 for an hour and it seems very stable with the Marantz.  The Oppo 205 output seems to be more stable than any of my previous players.  All existing cables remained the same, I changed nothing except popping the Oppo into the chain.

I bought the Oppo 205 just based on superior build quality.  The previous 3 players are cost efficient but do not have the "feel" and are very flimsy.  I didn't expect that it fixed my HDMI problem... yes, maybe a little hopeful ....and the picture quality clearly surpassed any of my previous players.  I didn't managed to do any blasting last night but I am so happy.    :)

(Audio)

PS:...Oppo motion detection lighted remote control.....very appreciated by this owner.  (Only Panasonic has lighted remote control.)

In case anyone wants to know, firmware updates should be done downloading from Taiwan's Oppo website using USB thumb drive. The US version doesnt work. Also the USB 3.0 ports supports 8TB hard disk, plugging in playing the Remux version of Transformers 1 in HDR10 Dolby Atmos.

1st Impression, its like OMG..... the voice of Optimus Prime from the centre channel " Before time begins......., Ultra Clean Vocals, deep bass kind of vocals.... fuuuuuu... Its that 1st impression that hits you hard.... deep deep ahhhhh... So far i think another actor has this type of voice besides Peter Cullen, Russel Crowe!

Im sure the Atmos file plays a part at source, compared to the Dolby TrueHD version, 10 years ago in 2007. Scenes were beautiful, bright where its supposed to be on the HDR10. A pleasant to watch. Cant wait to re-watch the whole movie again in the Oppo 205.....

Another thing you may wanna check is the LFE signal in the Oppo analog out, if it provides for a +10db alignment gain. Normally on avr, the internal trim controls provide a 10db gain boost to the LfE channel. This is because movie contents in the bluray .1 track is recorded 10db lower. Some equipment provide for this alignment gain and some not. You may want to confirm.

The solution is to increase the gain on the subwoofer channel, to “make up” for this alignment in the gain structure.

Hope that helps

Set is a Taiwan set, if u wanna upgrade your firmware, u need to download from Oppo Taiwan... reset it back to English if desired...

The Chinese sets gives buyers the options with firmware JB opportunity from other sources with an older firmware