Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Well I think it is only 5.1 but I definitely heard and saw things that I missed in the cinema.

Main benefit was getting it 2 weeks early, I will buy the 3D Blu ray if and when it is released.

Edited by kopthat

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think it is only 5.1 but I definitely heard and saw things that I missed in the cinema.

Main benefit was getting it 2 weeks early, I will buy the 3D Blu ray if and when it is released.

I mean in that it's not uncompressed HD audio.

With the demise of the video store, digital versions of movies seems to be the next progression.

It's a shame that they don't contain uncompressed audio let alone HD audio,

for most it will adequate for their noise makers.

For those that want HD audio or don't have broadband the physical copy is still needed.

We have watched the behind the scenes special in full, and as fans just drank it in,

no spoilers, but it is friggin awesome ! :)

It's good to have a satisfied purchase. iTunes is more than adequate for me with TV shows like Sherlock and Doctor Who. I've purchased BDs in the past just to make up the numbers with various Buy 2, 3 or 4 type deals!

In the case of Force Awakens, happy to buy the BD with Disney's Digital Copy Plus, which is the same as a full copy of iTunes HD anyway, provided the price is not too much higher.

Where are folks seeing the best price for the bluray?

Best I can see so far is in hi fi online for ~ $31 inc delivery

Big W have the cheapest price that I have seen so far, the Blu-ray is advertised for $23 in their 'fashion' catalogue, which officially starts Thursday.

Big W have the cheapest price that I have seen so far, the Blu-ray is advertised for $23 in their 'fashion' catalogue, which officially starts Thursday.

Instore only... once again, their online price is much higher @$33;

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/star-wars-the-force-awakens/p/WCC100000000323976/

:hmm:

Maybe I'll actually drag into the store then... :lol:

JSmith :ninja:

some JB stores have "pre-released" @ $29.99 ( lets be careful out there )

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php/topic/93938-star-wars-the-force-awakens-spoilers-thread/?p=1594185

waited this long for a home copy, wont hurt to wait till Thursday (if not sooner) for $23

i mean, its not as if nobody has seen it

available at that price today

I know. I bought it at JB for $23 this morning (I dropped by Big W afterwards and saw it was already available for that price), as did some other members over at Blu-ray.com :)

Edit: Inserted a bracketed passage.

Edited by Cevolution

Instore only... once again, their online price is much higher @$33;

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/star-wars-the-force-awakens/p/WCC100000000323976/

:hmm:

Maybe I'll actually drag into the store then... :lol:

JSmith :ninja:

sold online by a third party :

https://www.bigw.com.au/partners/Movies%20and%20Games%20Plus

Movies and Games Plus is an Australian owned and operated Entertainment Company located on the Gold Coast in sunny Queensland. We are proud to say that with over 25 years of experience in the entertainment industry, we are a company who listens and understands our customers and their needs. We consistently ship orders from our “in stock” range of over 30 thousand different products to all corners of this great country. When it comes to Movies and Games, no one holds more stock than we do.

might test that claim lol

Im going to give my humble lobster and change to whoever went cheap first

if it werent for them JB would be milking us for over $30

I prefer JB. I purchase a lot from them, the staff at my local know who I am and take care of me very well.

I purchased it from Target tonight $25. Watched it and I found the audio on the low side and had to turn it up to get it at an acceptable level to enjoy it. Bass never really hits as low or deep as say WOTW but it's not terrible. PQ is excellent.

Anyone with the US copy care to comment on the audio side.

Edited by SimonNo10

tight!..just means i have more money spare to buy more stuff!

money's going to be spent might as well get bang for buck.

But if you are so tight moths come out of your wallet, well I dont think you are really part of this forum!

mixo

I might pick this up today. To be honest, I'm more excited about Rogue One. I heard Big-W is cheapest at $20 for BD and $15 for a DVD. For an $5, why would you NOT buy the BD?

Yeah Mark, Rogue One trailer looked good. What is it with the female leads lately in SW?