Onkyo Pr-Sc5509 9.2 Ch 3D Thx Ultra2 Plus A/v Processor/ Preamplifier - Black

Why wasn't there insurance?

I'm absolutely gobsmacked, If I sold something on here an it was DOA I would be bending over backwards to find a solution no matter what criticism I was getting from other members at the time, not use it as an excuse to adopt some sort of manufactured moral high ground.

To turn around and say the cash is gone so you couldn't refund it even "If you wanted to" is astonishing.

At least try and conduct yourself with a modicum of decorum and work with the guy, not inflame the situation because you believe you have been slighted he has a door stop ur pride is dented.

So close to ANZAC day pony up and at least try and sort something out.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look from the beginning of the Ad it on the high price then drop Down so Quickly. You Should know there is something wrong with it. you should asked all the details of the unit before buying it. Especially Now the money is Gone May be you send back the Unit to the Owner & I think it's not Coming back.

Better buy @ Local Caused you are there to see it & test it & take it if you happy with it. then no more complained. $1800 is a lot of Money for these days

Edited by Bluelabel

I'm really sorry to read this sort of report, on a sale gone wrong..

I buy a fair amount of gear via E-bay and some from sellers on this forum, There is a great deal of respect and trust between seller and buyer, It comes down to "treat people the way you would like to be treated" Then we get Grubs the like of SVS A8, which leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. Who has no qualms about selling faulty gear, And to say he didn't know is simply bullsh*t. He knew exactly what he was doing and what he was selling. And will no-doubt do it again, But sadly I have my doubts this was the first time.

I feel very sorry for our member friend "lamtran" So what can be done. And I'm sure there are other people reading this thread, who would really like to communicate with SVS A8 and no doubt wish him well.

I would suggest that Lamtran Name Names, address's and phone numbers, a personal e-mail address would also be nice . Then we can all e-mail the seller and wish him well.. And who knows this grub might well be your next door neighbour.

And OK this grub is all clever now, Will he be as brave when his real name and address is plastered all over the net as a thief and fraudster. We never know some kind soul might just knock on his front door an 3am to wish him well..

Should this Forum be like AudiogoN and have a Dispute section,

Just perhaps people that do the wrong thing should be kicked out.

Thanks Guys. It is all very disappointing but really not much I can do. I've been on this forum since 2007 and although I don't post too much, I have bought a few things in the past from members and have never had an issue. This is the first time it has happened and I really am just sad that someone would do that to me or anyone else for that matter.

At the end of the day, it was only $1900 which in the big scheme of things is hardly anything. I do feel sorry for SVS A8 as he has declared several times on here and via email that he has no money to refund even if he wanted to. I think he needs to take a look at his life and prioritise what is really important to him, scamming a forum member to fund a set of speakers is probably not the best way to spend money that might be hard to come by for him. Thank God I am in a position in life where I don't have to worry about such things.

I won't be posting his personal details here as I don't want him or his loved ones to feel threatened in anyway.

Now onto an update on the unit. I picked it up from the shop today and he has fixed the power issue. The unit now turns on, but the HDMI board is truly cactus, tried all the inputs and both outputs and nada. He said that he felt for me and if I could get him a HDMI board he would install it free of charge. See there are good people out there.

Now how do I get my hands on a board out there? the part number for the HDMI board is: bchdm-0797 25140797A , I tried doing a google search but not much comes up. Roachy has been quite helpful and given me a suppliers detail from whom he dealt with in Singapore, I will send an email to them shortly but in the meantime would like to see if I can source one closer to home.

If anyone knows of someone or can assist me in anyway I would truly appreciate it. Heck I would even send you some free beer or wine for the help :)

Lam

This rates as the worst example I have seen of a sale on this forum. The seller :

1. Failed to fully disclose the true circumstances of the sale.

2. Misrepresented the true state of the sale item to the buyer.

3. Failed to offer a refund to the buyer.

4. Then has the temerity to maintain a stance of "I am innocent" throughout.

Appalling all round. He should be held to account for his actions in misrepresenting the sale.

No doubt this should be listed in the all time "Shame File"

Lamtran i feel for you mate, you are handling this quite well considering. From memory someone else on here had something ordered from singapore and it ended up costing around $700. You might be better off cutting your loses and buying a new unit mate, it sounds like this unit is a grey import lemon. Who knows what else might be wrong with it even once you change the hdmi board over.

I won't be posting his personal details here as I don't want him or his loved ones to feel threatened in anyway

That's a bit bloody weak, People like him don't deserve anyone's sympathy. So when he does it again, and he will

will you consider yourself responsible. Simply because you had the info to stop him and you did nothing.

As for the money, It doesn't matter what the amount was, Fraud is fraud, And the next poor bugger that gets ripped

off by this grub, just might have been saving for years to buy. something. And he'll loose the lot and your going to be

responsible. It's time to stand up Buddy. And expose this grub for just what he is.. .

Edited by Guest

Bassett tell me what good it would be to post his number and bank details? It's not like anyone can track him down and go knocking on his door.

Trust me I was angry, and I wanted to track him down and give him a piece of my mind. But you know what, that achieves nothing and I could probably get charged for it.

I don't see him surfacing on this forum anytime soon, and if he does, I bet he will change his username etc.

Yeh keep killing animals and gorging there flesh and distribute it to others, hope it makes you sleep better at night. Karma has it's way of coming back on you.

veg-karma-in-action.jpg

I sent a working unit, sorry it isn't working for you. I will sleep better tonight knowing that.

But you eat meat?

Well at least you have your sanity.

So...............What's wrong with meat?.

Poor form by you mate, I thought you were a good bloke when you were selling your stuff on here....but damn, you turned into a nasty prick and refusing to try and help the poor guy.

Anyway, hope lam finds a replacement HDMI board..........Im sure something will come up :)

JS-0_o shield.png

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • First Name:Jai

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

Onkyo PR-SC5509 9.2 Ch 3D THX Ultra2 Plus A/V Processor/ Preamplifier - Black

Reason for selling: Downgrading to AVR, need the cash.

Item location: Tweed shire/Gold coast

Price: $2100 (negotiable)

RRP: $3500-4000

Will post: Anywhere in Australia (Comes with box and foam inserts). Courier is the only option, the box is too big for Auspost.

Item Condition: This unit is in perfect cosmetic and working condition except one HDMI output is not working.

However the other remaining HDMI output works flawlessly and passes Video and Audio perfectly.

This has been quoted at $100 to repair, it is a simple replacement of the 100uf capacitors on the HDMI board (8 in total), a well known problem with the Onkyo's and well documented on other forums (that I can't mention here, you will need to do a google search).

It's Seem like this is the Same Member try to sell this Unit @ SNA................

Guys

Thanks for your generosity, I am quite touched that you are willing to help me out even though you don't know who I am. But I can not accept yours or anyone else's money. There are a lot more people out there who are less fortunate than myself who may need that sort of help.

:)

Lam

Edited by lamtran

I got a feeling that's where Jai got his faulty unit from and stuffed up the second HDMI output port while trying to fix it, then selling it for great profit to cover his lost on the PJ that he mentioned.

Do you think it is rather strange that if you are going to sell something worth $2000 and it allegedly only costs $100 to repair, then why didn't he get it repaired? Think about it, if you repair it, you can then sell it "as new", with little worry from the buyer, making it all the more attractive a sale. It makes no sense to not have it repaired (if it was only going to cost $100). The fact that he didn't do this screams out loud and clear !!!

Do you think it is rather strange that if you are going to sell something worth $2000 and it allegedly only costs $100 to repair, then why didn't he get it repaired? Think about it, if you repair it, you can then sell it "as new", with little worry from the buyer, making it all the more attractive a sale. It makes no sense to not have it repaired (if it was only going to cost $100). The fact that he didn't do this screams out loud and clear !!!

No it doesn't make sense, I was thinking the same when he first started trying to sell it.

I got a feeling that's where Jai got his faulty unit from and stuffed up the second HDMI output port while trying to fix it, then selling it for great profit to cover his lost on the PJ that he mentioned.

Wow. if there is a Serial Number on the Unit then Lamtran can take a look @ it, is it the right One? But I didn't see on the Unit.

Is that Integra Brand is a high end from the Onkyo? if it's true then lamtran may be can find HDMI board from Integra much easier

Edited by Bluelabel

Thanks for the PM Lam, And I do understand where your coming from, But your not the "shonk" your the victim. This sort of thing does leave a

nasty taste, and it does reflect a negative, to buyers and sellers. People only remember the bad things, and some will not buy due to your encounter

with this "shonk"

It would seem others replying to this thread have tracked down his advert to other forums, so this guy's not untouchable. Tweed Heads NSW seems

like a likely abode. And while you say you don't have a name or an address, The Courier company will have his details, and it's very strange there

was not a senders name and address on the delivery docket.

Some times I do go off half-cocked, But I only write what others are already thinking. And so far no one has disagreed with my opinions. If he is in

fact in Tweed Heads, and we can prove the address and the person involved. {but it does get somewhat awkward if we knock on the wrong door]

I'm only about three hours away, and would be happy to take a little trip, and wish him well.

After all it is Easter, and the Easter Bunny does go calling with Eggs for the kids

Edited by Guest

"Item as described, fast shipping"

j***p ( 26Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) 04-Feb-14 09:58

Onkyo | PR-SC5509 Working but has one HDMI Output Port Faulty!!! Please Read (#291064071235)

US $1,075.00

Best Offer Price was AcceptedThis item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price.

I'd say that is him with the username j***p

It won't be karma that gets you lowlife scum!