' Complete Indiana Jones Blu-Ray Collection' .............

Is the packaging the same as JB? ie multiple fold-out digipak in a hard box cover?

Does it have the LE film cell or some sort of extra?

Same packaging as JB, no film cell or extra, saving $11 was more important to me than the film cell :whistle:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my U.S. edition today, cardboard sleeve-- solid

Digipak booklet for the discs not bad,

Slip out of split card board :no::o with no support, no acrylic inserts, no film cell :frantics: .

The u.s. set is half the thickness of the Oz set, an if that's what gets me through the day so be it....... :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1347616945' post='1833190]

tonights its the temple of doom ! :D

I think i'll start with the temple of doom (as it was set before Raiders)

Then of course Raider's and Crusade - I'm having John Williams score up

really LOUD- no relief for the neigbours unfortunatley

Glad you enjoyed it.I

Read your review and was a bit startled at the 3.5/5 for PQ, but I had a bit of a sneak peek at several junctures today, and I feel the same.

Some elements seemed really good as you say, especially close-ups, but there was a general softness. I thought that outdoor daytime scenes like the marketplace would be crystal clear given the intensive film clean-up.

Again, as you stated, the AQ seems fantastic - all time classic John Williams score. 30 years has not harmed this audio!

As this is one of my all time faves, I don't want to knock it, and will reserve my thoughts until I have viewed it in it's entireity.

That being said, a quick peek at TOD and IJATLC shows them to have superior clarity, colour and black levels.

Edit. Also must say that the packaging is fantastic. Very well made, great artwork. Up there (IMHO) with the LOTR (US) extended edition box set and the UK original Alien Anthology set :)

Just thought I'd follow up on my previous comments since watching Raiders last night.

Couldn't help but be slightly disappointed with the PQ, though those thoughts only came in waves when the odd extremely soft shot rolled through.

Only a handful of scenes displayed real clarity and detail, but the rest of the time it was totally acceptable.

I lowered my "red" settings on the PJ considerably as I thought that skin tones, especially, were over-blown. Also reduced brightness as the black levels were not great.

As stated in ..)'s review, definitely a 3.5/5 for PQ, but ofcourse - a 4.8/5 for the film :D

Movie Metropolis review is up for those interested:

http://moviemet.com/...entures-blu-ray

Temple of Doom for us tonight :)

Edit:

Here's Ralph Potts review from AVS forums:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1429346/indiana-jones-the-complete-adventures-blu-ray-official-avsforum-review

Edited by 709er

excellent you enjoyed the film 709. yeah it was hard for me to post the score for PQ as it was. as much as such a favourite for me, thought better just say it as it was.

anyways got a chance to catch the last crusade, posted a review on that and a few screen shots too

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=67226&st=2000#entry1833342

absolutely loved that one. great way to finish the series. I've never seen crystal skull and dont have the heart to watch it. thinking best leave the series as a fond memory :)

I feel some of the scenes were shot on low grade film stock and sub par cameras/lenses, perhaps on purpose to give it a period feel......that result translated to the current release. Don't think Raider's is going to get better than this unless frame by frame doctoring is going to be done to increase their dynamic range, detail increase not likely.

the rolling boulder in the first act still doesn't have the massive bass effects that were present when I first saw it at a theatre.

I've been disappointed ever since I got rid of my Laserdisc version, the rolling boulder on that, was a high point and that was AC3 on a Yamaha DSPA 2070, 20 years ago. The DVD fails to move me, I was hoping the BD might have been better, I might give it a miss, or at least wait until it's in the special bin.

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1347702818' post='1833343]

excellent you enjoyed the film 709. yeah it was hard for me to post the score for PQ as it was. as much as such a favourite for me, thought better just say it as it was.

anyways got a chance to catch the last crusade, posted a review on that and a few screen shots too

http://www.dtvforum....00#entry1833342

absolutely loved that one. great way to finish the series. I've never seen crystal skull and dont have the heart to watch it. thinking best leave the series as a fond memory :)

For sure Al, my KOTCS copy will stay in mint condition for a LONG time.

Did anyone else notice overexposure at least 3 times at the bottom of the screen in ROTLA? I would have thought that on a digital remaster that would be one of the easiest and first things to fix?

I didn't see that, but have a few mm of overscan into the black screen surround.

I feel some of the scenes were shot on low grade film stock and sub par cameras/lenses, perhaps on purpose to give it a period feel......that result translated to the current release. Don't think Raider's is going to get better than this unless frame by frame doctoring is going to be done to increase their dynamic range, detail increase not likely.

For some elements you may be right about the intent for the period feel HJ. But other "effects" like the image wobble (sprocket wear?) weren't consistent enough to suggest deliberate intent - seemed more like cost cutting. The opening credits had been redone, but the end credits looked like they came off the VHS scan.

I just cancelled my Amazon UK order. I'm not going to pay top dollar for sub standard PQ. Maybe buy when (if) it hits $30. Mind you I'm still waiting for Star Wars box to drop...

In my original comments I did say that ROTLA is a good upgrade on the DVD - much better than say Star Wars - A New Hope, which was only a modest step up from the DVD. The criticisms are how it could have been better. My benchmark restoration is Bladerunner and it would have been sensational to get that sort of quality. Also mentioned earlier that a lot of the closeups are at/near reference material, so it's not all bad.

bear in mind that ROTLA is 30 odd years old. im happy with PQ, quite happy indeed. AQ is great.

TOD is great in PQ & AQ. TLC is great also.

agree must be watched in that context. no its not reference stuff. but its still pretty good and best have experienced these movies. must keep in mind these havent had a frame by restoration the likes of sound of music, tora tora or river kwai. Its just a remastering these have received and while not excellent have come up pretty good as a result :)

The reviewer over at bluray.com must be on drugs!

There is no way that the video quality for Raiders can score a 4.5. Obviously not viewing on a large display. Also, the difference in PQ between Raiders and Temple is quite significant so the rating (from a relativity point of view) for TOD, should be greater.

It would be good if these reviewers could post a description of their equipment as part of the review process.

Love for a film should not sway a technical score.

The reviewer over at bluray.com must be on drugs!

There is no way that the video quality for Raiders can score a 4.5. Obviously not viewing on a large display. Also, the difference in PQ between Raiders and Temple is quite significant so the rating (from a relativity point of view) for TOD, should be greater.

It would be good if these reviewers could post a description of their equipment as part of the review process.

Love for a film should not sway a technical score.

totally agree just been reading the reviews myself ! dont know what basis they are posting those sort of scores. something seems out of kilter there and certainly not relative to what their PQ is. While the movies are really enjoyable their PQ is what they are and should be represented as such.