The Song Game

I was at quiz last night. Often, one of the questions involves hearing a track backwards and working out what it is. Last night it was Moody Blue by Elvis Presley.

Previously we've heard tracks as diverse as Blister In The Sun and YMCA.

too_tall;100473 wrote:
tonight, as I am home alone, so far its been Dark Side of the moon, ( Love brain damage! ) Katie Melua's piece by piece, and now have Massive attack on to see if I can remove some more leadheads from the roof ( its happened before:) )

Can I borrow your gear for a day or two, I need to de-moss the roof tiles and dont like heights.

:D

I am waiting for everyone to go to bed so I can play my new CD.

Lou Reed-Coney Island Baby remastered with extra tracks.

Sonic Youth - Sonic Nurse (utterly classic)

Sonic Youth - The Eternal (still can't quite decide how much I like it)

David Murray & Kahil El'Zabar - We Is >> Live At The Bop Shop (the healing balm of Murray's tenor after a busy day is a wonder as ever)

Went to bed very happy.

Jim

Lou Reed-Coney Island Baby.CD. What an album! Still want it on vinyl though!

Charlie Hunter trio-Bing Bing Bing. CD

Rickie Lee Jones-Traffic From Paradise.CD

Guy Clark-Texas Cookin. Vinyl

John Cougar Malencamp-title escapes me. Quite late by then.Vinyl

Having a bit of an Over The Rhine revival at present.

'Drunkard's Prayer' - just love the plaintive vocals on this album

'Good Dog, Bad Dog' (how appropriate as I plan my weekend fishing with a couple of mates way up north).

'Trumpet Child' - more recent stuff

'The Darkest Night' - wonderfully depressing album...

'Snow Angel', more upbeat Xmas music.

I only found out recently that this group is Christian, but I'm not going to hold that against them.:)

T110;100485 wrote:
Can I borrow your gear for a day or two, I need to de-moss the roof tiles and dont like heights.

:D

I am waiting for everyone to go to bed so I can play my new CD.

Lou Reed-Coney Island Baby remastered with extra tracks.

You might have to put them back up again afterwards though!

Actually, I think that what happens here is something to do with the house being a lockwood. The lounge is clear span the entire width of the house ( 8M ) and I think that due to that, its actually getting quite a bit of movement at the resonant frequency ( sounds like it does, unfortunately ) This, combines with a 35 odd year old roof, and the lead heads just dont hold on anymore. I have a few leaks now, which were never there before I got the current system. Either that, or the weight of the speakers has distorted the house too much! :D

And currently listening to Mark Knopflers "Screenplaying"

today, as I brewed up, Janis Live (with the Full Tilt Boogie and Big Brother and the Holding Company. Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures. Lou Reed / The Velvet Underground Street Hassle bw I'm Waiting for thr Man, Venus in Furs (12" 45), Cat Power - The Greatest (180gm), Nick Cave - The Firstborn is Dead

(strangely I don't remember purchasing this, but the price sticker says $4.99!)

Captain Beefheart - Doc at the Radar Station

All vinyl day today..

and I have yet to play something to cook dinner to..

...suggestions?

Papa Hemi;100713 wrote:
today, as I brewed up, Janis Live (with the Full Tilt Boogie and Big Brother and the Holding Company. Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures. Lou Reed / The Velvet Underground Street Hassle bw I'm Waiting for thr Man, Venus in Furs (12" 45), Cat Power - The Greatest (180gm), Nick Cave - The Firstborn is Dead

(strangely I don't remember purchasing this, but the price sticker says $4.99!)

Captain Beefheart - Doc at the Radar Station

All vinyl day today..

and I have yet to play something to cook dinner to..

...suggestions?

Bon Jovi? :D

Miles Davis- Kind Of Blue- Classic 200gm lp

Cream- Disraeli Gears- Back to Black reissue lp

Stone Roses-Stone Roses lp from anniversary box set- haven't heard an original vinyl but this sounds good enough to play right through twice in a row.

Tonight going digital with Jeff Buckley- Grace- Legacy Edition.

AudioEnz;100724 wrote:
Eric Hutchinson - Sounds like this

Chris Isaak - Wicked Games

Beach Boys - Spirit of America

One of them is from this century!

Miles Davis: 'Circle in the Round' (Columbia). This double compilation ranges from the 1950s to the early 1970s, and was assembled by the label after Miles stepped out of the limelight. So it's cynical and lacks coherence.

It also has unexpected triumphs like an eighteen minute cover of David Crosby's song 'Guinnevere'. The original was a track I loved without wanting to. Perhaps this was the uncertainty of youth, the vigour of snobbery - whatever, now I can say 'I love this cover!' and feel cool because, you know, it's by Miles...

You have to admire his confidence.