Foxtel Olympic Coverage

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Perth I did not stay up tp watch the start of the games. I did think that when I got up at 6am (WST) that they would at least be showing reruns. But nothing....... wtf did I pay $50 for ?

It's a problem with the anti-siphoring laws. Foxtel cant show the opening ceremony...only Ch 9. I wouldnt blame Foxtel for this...Blame the government. There is a repeat of the Downhill skiing today at 12:50 AEDT (09:50 WST)

Living in Perth I did not stay up tp watch the start of the games. I did think that when I got up at 6am (WST) that they would at least be showing reruns. But nothing....... wtf did I pay $50 for ?

There has only been one event so far which was about an hour. They are replaying this shortly.

If there are no other events on today there is nothing else for Foxtel to show.

Here is the official program. http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-schedule-results/

Do the day conversion. Its Saturday evening here in Vancouver, its early afternoon Sunday in Sydney

Do the time conversionn. Its 18:00 in Vancouver. Its 14:00 in Sydney

Foxtel should be showing lots of stuff.\

You ought to be seeing Moguls, Luge, Hockey and speed skating right now.

Complain if you're not :(

Here is the official program. http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-schedule-results/

Do the day conversion. Its Saturday evening here in Vancouver, its early afternoon Sunday in Sydney

Do the time conversionn. Its 18:00 in Vancouver. Its 14:00 in Sydney

Foxtel should be showing lots of stuff.\

You ought to be seeing Moguls, Luge, Hockey and speed skating right now.

Complain if you're not :(

You've gotten your time conversion wrong. When it's 18:00 in Vancouver it's 13:00 in Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra/Hobart, 12:30 in Adelaide, 12:00 in Brisbane and 10:00 in Perth.

Huh??? At 6am WST the opening ceremony was still showing on Cypress. All 4 channels replayed the Nine opening coverage at stagnated intervals throughout the night so if you missed the FOUR screenings on Foxtel and the TWO screenings on Nine you only have yourself to blame!

Huh??? At 6am WST the opening ceremony was still showing on Cypress. All 4 channels replayed the Nine opening coverage at stagnated intervals throughout the night so if you missed the FOUR screenings on Foxtel and the TWO screenings on Nine you only have yourself to blame!

Harry is talking about the qualifiers for the Ski Jumping Normal hill which were before the opening ceremony on Saturday Morning (Friday Afternoon Canadian time).

Foxtel's coverage is fantastic - commercial free (other than between events) and I no longer have to let a terrible FTA network decide what I get to watch. I don't care if they charge $150 for London 2012 - I'll still pay it.

Harry is talking about the qualifiers for the Ski Jumping Normal hill which were before the opening ceremony on Saturday Morning (Friday Afternoon Canadian time).

Well if that was what was referred to then it still doesn't make sense as the qualifiers shown at 4:50am were repeated at 1pm on Saturday (3pm WST) anyway.

Foxtel's coverage is fantastic - commercial free (other than between events) and I no longer have to let a terrible FTA network decide what I get to watch. I don't care if they charge $150 for London 2012 - I'll still pay it.

Yeah, it's fantastic value for the cost. If you're an Olympic sports fan you're happy to pay $100+. Others however wouldn't pay 1cent as they don't like the olympics or sport in general.

By London we could have 8 channels to choose from!

LOVING the coverage

I don't know what to watch!!! I need 4 tv's lol!!

+1

This is the way to watch the Olympics, stuff FTA's restricted, selective and time lapse coverage. Looking forward to the London Olympics and being able to watch the events I want to watch and also watch them from beginning to end

Now glad I paid my $50

Edited by Harry

Well if that was what was referred to then it still doesn't make sense as the qualifiers shown at 4:50am were repeated at 1pm on Saturday (3pm WST) anyway.

I guess they could have replayed the event all morning (as they were showing nothing), but you are right.

Yeah, it's fantastic value for the cost. If you're an Olympic sports fan you're happy to pay $100+. Others however wouldn't pay 1cent as they don't like the olympics or sport in general.

By London we could have 8 channels to choose from!

They'll have 6 channels for the Commonwealth games (not sure I'll pay for that, don't really care at all about them), so I'm hoping for 10+ channels for London.

I guess they could have replayed the event all morning (as they were showing nothing), but you are right.

What??? And deny us the splendour of watching incredible aerial scenery of all the snow capped mountains around Vancouver???

They'll have 6 channels for the Commonwealth games (not sure I'll pay for that, don't really care at all about them), so I'm hoping for 10+ channels for London.

I'm frankly impressed that India could afford 6 HD cameras. But it might be worth getting for some HD eye candy even if the sport is boring.

the IPL is in hd when its on that poor thing they call one.

The problem with the IPL is there is little chance of serious injury or death, and there aren't any cute chicks with guns. That's what makes the winter Olympics far more entertaining!

The problem with the IPL is there is little chance of serious injury or death, and there aren't any cute chicks with guns. That's what makes the winter Olympics far more entertaining!

Pfft would have been more entertaining if they went off the mens start. Can't wait for the Bobsleigh, should be carnage.

I don't remember the IPL being HD, even from South Africa last year. The coverage for major events you would imagine is subcontracted out to someone, so it doesn't matter where it is, they would just ship in the cameras. I could be mistaken though.

I was under the impression that India as a nation was quite well off. More than capable of owning enough HD equipment to broadcast any event

Edited by WolfMan08

I was under the impression that India as a nation was quite well off. More than capable of owning enough HD equipment to broadcast any event

Not quite that well off yet. Did you see any of the recent footage (october last year) from Australia's ODI's in India? Crappy 4:3 sd feed. I did some googling of india tv guide, nothing in the first major hits indicated any HD channels to me.

Not quite that well off yet. Did you see any of the recent footage (october last year) from Australia's ODI's in India? Crappy 4:3 sd feed. I did some googling of india tv guide, nothing in the first major hits indicated any HD channels to me.

India won't have HD digital TV until this year. It's being launched in the lead up to the Commonwealth Games. There was a 30min doco a few weeks back shown at midnight on Ten that showed the preparations being made by Indian broadcasters in the move to widespread digital TV and the preparations for the games.

wtf did I pay $50 for ?

You didn't need to.

All 4 Foxtel Olympic channels are being shown live 24/7 on Telstra NextG Mobile's sports bouquet. If you have a Telstra NextG mobile you can simply add the Foxtel News & Sports channels for a month at a cost of $12, there's no additional premium for the Olympics channels. If you don't have Telstra NextG then get a $2 prepaid SIM, charge it with $20 or $30 credit then use $12 of that credit to get the Foxtel channels (or $18 if you want the full range of Foxtel Mobile channels for a month).

The big advantage, of course, is that you can watch just about anywhere.

Only downside is the picture size!

Is anyone watching the biathlon? Can someone work out why sometimes the guy shoots the black part of the target and it does not register as a hit? At first i thought you have to hit the inner black circle to get a hit but ive seen many times where they would hit the edge of the circle (you can see the white paint being stripped off), and it still registers as a hit.