Xbox 360 Controller Lag

I have recently bought the red Elite Xbox 360, with Resident Evil 5.

Are there any known problems playing this system on Sony LCD televisions?

I have got the Sony 46" XBR45 model tv.

When i was checking out the demo games that were installed, and i encountered a problem.

Playing "Pac-Man", the controller seemed to be a bit off, in regards to movement around the maze.

It seems to be close to a one second delay when i move left/right or up/down.

I also downloaded the "Galaga" demo, and it has the same problem.

The ship will not respond immediately when prompted, making it especially difficult when trying to dodge enemy fire.

Is this something that can be easily fixed?

I have tried to resync the wireless controller, and put in new batteries, but no luck.

It's frustrating paying $567 for the 'Elite' model, and i run into difficulties trying to play 'Pac-Man'.

The gameplay for RE5 i thought was fine at first, but my brother has the same game, and he pointed out that it seemed to be a tad sluggish. I couldn't compare it, as i have never owned an Xbox before now.

Any help would be much appreciated. ;)

It's frustrating paying $567 for the 'Elite' model, and i run into difficulties trying to play 'Pac-Man'.

You realise that the only technical difference between an elite and an arcade console is the hard drive, right?

my money is on a dodgy controller or the TV.

You Need to turn on "Game Mode" on your Sony Bravia which disables all the extra video processing that causes the lag.

PS. It's in the settings menu somewhere.

Edited by dJOS

Does this only occur with games loaded on the hard drive? Have you played any games from the disk drive?

The "controller lag" has nothing to do with the Xbox360, it is the video processor in your Bravia TV that introduces the delay while it "improves the image" and it add's a delay to the audio to match - to remove the lag, turn on "Game mode" in your Bravia's setup menus.

Edited by dJOS

• 2 weeks later...