Yeah, there's a full frontal shot of Dr. Manhattan in giant mode, thats the extra 15 inches

God I hope Kazz doesn't read this thread.

Hakka leave the Dr Manhattan references to the one and only Chopus please :D

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to wait until I've watched all the discs I have sitting here, before considering buying this - it's not the most forgettable film and none of the special effects/action sequences have me keen to see them again .... not like Terminator Salvation or the new Star Trek.

Still dont understand why anyone thinks T: Salvation was anything more than forgetable. Could have been something special. Instead we got McG's steaming pile of poop.

Edited by hazzad

Watched it twice now, good movie but highly over rated IMO, lot of hype about SQ and PQ that again is very good but I've seen better :)

Watched it ( DC version) once and probably agree with you. Liked it , but not sure if it is a keeper. Could watch again in a few months; but at three hours probably not one I would pull out again for a while after that :unsure:

Ah well, can always sell and buy again later! :rolleyes:

OK! Ok!

I love watchmen! Best Film Eva Made (by a midget :ninja: )

Um, actually I think the correct answer is, "Ok! Ok! I love Terminator and the third part was a shambolic parody of the first two films!"

Now write that on the blackboard 100 times and never blaspheme like that again! :excl:

Edited by ajm

Watched it twice now, good movie but highly over rated IMO, lot of hype about SQ and PQ that again is very good but I've seen better :)

why do you say its overrated? It did average at the box office and is only sitting on about 64% on rotten tomatoes. i'd hardly considered that to be an amazing film in regards to box office success and reviews.

personally i loved it but thats just my opinion

Did anyone else who got the DC notice an audio pop at arround 2.00.04 when they are rescuing the people from the burning building? The little girl speaks and in the middle of her sentence I got a small pop. It is repeatable every time. I haven't read anyone else with this so I hope it was just my copy - amazon are sending a replacement.

Edit: A friend with the same player and amp just confirmed no pop on their version so it looks like the replacement should do the trick. :D

Now I've watched the BD, some of my thoughts on it....

The audio on this title rocks. The bass is tight and the audio is highly directional and packed with detail. Not as good as Red Cliff or Wanted, but not many others beat this audio (pity about the local audio from all reports). It does demand you pump the volume and is quite agreesive. not one for the quite night in.

Picture quality is pretty good. Not reference compared to some, but definately an above average effort.

The maximum movie mode is really interesting. I can see myself watching more commentaries if done this way.

I liked the extra stuff in the directors cut. A lot I didn't notice immediately as it was already familiar from the Graphic Novel and one key scene was put back in which was good to see. it didn't feel too long either depsite it's 3hr run time.

Glad I got this release. It's a definate keeper. A real thinking man's superhero flick. Of course now I have moved my attention to the other "coming soons", particularily a little film called Star Trek.

Edited by momaw

Without trying to get into a blue of any description, I felt it was over rated by some of the forum members here on all counts but as I said it is a good movie just not anything special IMO and is already sold :)

prepars flames suit

:rolleyes:

Yeah, and I suppose you didn't like Deep Impact either!! <_<

:P

• Volunteer
Did anyone else who got the DC notice an audio pop at arround 2.00.04 when they are rescuing the people from the burning building? The little girl speaks and in the middle of her sentence I got a small pop. It is repeatable every time. I haven't read anyone else with this so I hope it was just my copy - amazon are sending a replacement.
Definitely no pop on mine. :D
The audio on this title rocks. The bass is tight and the audio is highly directional and packed with detail. Not as good as Red Cliff or Wanted, but not many others beat this audio (pity about the local audio from all reports). It does demand you pump the volume and is quite agreesive. not one for the quite night in.

Picture quality is pretty good. Not reference compared to some, but definately an above average effort.

Agree with both of those points.

A real thinking man's superhero flick.

Ahem...........................what about us girls? :P

Still waiting for my bluray, should've been here already! A 3 week wait?! :(

Strange as mine arrived Monday!

Then again, had another Amazon US shipment a day earlier and it has not arrived yet. So I guess they can come on a slower plane :P

Mine was shipped on the 21/07/09 with estimated arrival for Sept 1st. I selected standard shipping but have done this everytime and the max times has been approx 14 days. Most of the time it's 7-8 days.

Mine was shipped on the 21/07/09 with estimated arrival for Sept 1st. I selected standard shipping but have done this everytime and the max times has been approx 14 days. Most of the time it's 7-8 days.

Has yours arrived yet?

No still waiting. I'm hoping for it to turn up today for a weekend viewing. Just hope the guy doesn't leave it on the front portch. Had this happen a few times must be too lazy to fill out the card.

I had some ram delivered a couple of days ago (computer parts, not sheep) and the guy put it underneath my doormat, didn't notice till I stepped on it :rolleyes: Wow, that's a great place to put it! Instead of you know...in my huge mailbox!