• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is that Watchmen BD has done 36% of total sales v DVD, a record % and by some margin

Maybe that's why DeepDiscount jacked up the price on Watchmen from $23.xx (last nite) to $30.25 (this morning)! So even with their 25% off it's still more expensive than

Amazon. Forget Deep Discount!

Me to, with current exchange and combining with a big order it is a bargan

and it's on the way :D

I'll be interested to see how long Amazon US take with this. The last 3 or 4 Amazon orders I've made have been from the UK and each time they arrived in about 3 to 10 days. I paid for expedited shipping so, hopefully, I get something within a couple of weeks.

Hopefully.

Just picked this up from BigW 2disc SE along with Knowing for $28.98 ea

JB didn't have it in stock, they did have Knowing in a tin cover for $39.95(surprised me as they've had new releases at $29.95 for a while now) but no standard cover versions(btw anyone know if there is a difference besides the cover?)

Also picked up 2010 for $14.98 and 10,000BC for $18.98

Didn't realise there was a directors cut version <_<

cheers

Same here BIG W for $28.98 JB also didnt have it in stock plenty of DVDs but no BD, they mightve sold out, lucky I got the last BD copy at BIGW. Not the biggest fan of the movie though still worth owning so didnt worry too much into the hassle of ordering the directors cut overseas.

Same here BIG W for $28.98 JB also didnt have it in stock plenty of DVDs but no BD, they mightve sold out, lucky I got the last BD copy at BIGW. Not the biggest fan of the movie though still worth owning so didnt worry too much into the hassle of ordering the directors cut overseas.

Did you see it at the cinema? What was the main reason for "not being the biggest fan"?

Yes, wasn't that impressed really, I thought it was good, but the movie felt it went too long however my mind might change after the second viewing where I can watch it properly with no distractions.

I'll be interested to see how long Amazon US take with this. The last 3 or 4 Amazon orders I've made have been from the UK and each time they arrived in about 3 to 10 days. I paid for expedited shipping so, hopefully, I get something within a couple of weeks.

Hopefully.

My last order from Amazon.com was 11 days which arrived Monday. Im hoping my two other orders come in tomorrow which will include watchmen and 300 ultimate experience.

Watchmen is NOT available from Amazon.com atm. Refer message below...

Guess I'm out of luck.

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

• Volunteer
Watchmen is NOT available from Amazon.com atm. Refer message below...

Guess I'm out of luck.

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Ah crap, there is a problem with the discs skipping back to the bginning of some scenes and also audio sync problems.

More details here & here.

Guest BlackFlash
Ah crap, there is a problem with the discs skipping back to the bginning of some scenes and also audio sync problems.

I watched it last night on my 5000ES and had no issues with skipping or lip synchronisation. I haven't bothered with any of the special features though.

Edit: In fact, I sat through all three hours of it in one sitting!

Edited by BlackFlash

Think you will find it is machine specific. Seems like most people having probs are Samsung owners. PS3 owners seem to have no probs.

Guest BlackFlash
Think you will find it is machine specific. Seems like most people having probs are Samsung owners. PS3 owners seem to have no probs.

The very first post in the first link Kazz gives is by a PS3 owner! So some are having problems, but not all.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by BlackFlash

The very first post in the first link Kazz gives is a PS3 owner! So some are having problems, but not all.

There are various models of PS3 with differing hardware, not just HDD size, so maybe that is a factor.......:unsure:

Whatever is happening, I am sure glad I bought from Amazon. I consider Amazon insurance these days. Not always the cheapest, but always hassle free. I'm still waiting on a replacement to a faulty disc from January with DVDpacific.

• Volunteer
I consider Amazon insurance these days. Not always the cheapest, but always hassle free. I'm still waiting on a replacement to a faulty disc from January with DVDpacific.

Yep that makes two of us on both counts.

From what I have read some people are mentioning issues with the Max Movie Mode, but are saying that watching the movie is fine....

"If you hit the popup menu, it comes up garbled. I can navigate the menu, although it's cutoff, so you really don't know what you're navigating to.

On my Pio 51, same thing garbled timeline, garbled popup menu where you can see more data then the 200 shows. But when you try to navigate the menu, it's super laggy"

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....93#post16911593