Foxtel Owners & Discussion Thread

As a long long time customer of Foxtel, would it be beneficial if I gave them a ring and see if there are any special upgrade path to IQ2? I rang them last month and they were offering me $50 to move to IQ2 from Pace box and $5 extra per month for the IQ2.

With these new packages out, maybe there's something out there for me :-) I really do not want to pay more that what I am now so maybe I need to get rid of the extra connection in the bedroom. CFO will not be happy if I upgrade and need to pay more then, I think $90+.

Rgds

I rang Foxtel today and they wouldn't budge from he $200 install

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmh..the Family HD IQ2 package for existing customers looks the goods for me. I currently have all the basics inclusive of kids and all except HD and movie channels.

Looks like the Family HD IQ2 covers all the channels I already have whic is good.

One question though. Looking at what the above package includes, I see HD in a black box. Looking at the 1st page of the pdf file, I see in the black section for HD, it includes Foxsports HD, Showtime Movies, Movie Network, Drama & Lifestyle and Discovery HD, Fox8 HD and nat Geo channel. Is this corect?

What I don't understnad too is the diff between Family HD and Sports HD? I see Sports HD have the green box which is sports. Isn't that already included in the Family HD under the black HD box (i.e. Foax 1,2 and 3 and expnHD?)

I'm really confused....and my head hurts :-(

Rgds

patrick

I'm slightly confused also. At the moment I'm on basic + the 3 escape/playtime/world packages with free iq for a year which is $65 a month. I don't understand what they are going to be once the updated prices kick in? Under the make your own option there is no discount for if you have more than 1 of the $16 packages like there is now, currently it's $16 for 1, $22 for 2 or $25 for 3. They list all 3 as $16 each with no discount option. Then under the iq plans they list the basic and those 3 as $72 which includes the $10 iq price for the month, however I am meant to have iq free for 12 months? So what am I really looking at :-S

Mmmh..the Family HD IQ2 package for existing customers looks the goods for me. I currently have all the basics inclusive of kids and all except HD and movie channels.

Looks like the Family HD IQ2 covers all the channels I already have whic is good.

One question though. Looking at what the above package includes, I see HD in a black box. Looking at the 1st page of the pdf file, I see in the black section for HD, it includes Foxsports HD, Showtime Movies, Movie Network, Drama & Lifestyle and Discovery HD, Fox8 HD and nat Geo channel. Is this corect?

What I don't understnad too is the diff between Family HD and Sports HD? I see Sports HD have the green box which is sports. Isn't that already included in the Family HD under the black HD box (i.e. Foax 1,2 and 3 and expnHD?)

I'm really confused....and my head hurts :-(

Rgds

patrick

the HD will only include the channels you have in SD...so if you go for sport, you get the sport HD channels, if you go for movies you have the movies HD...you wont automatically have all of them in HD....it just lists all of the possible HD channels...

If I maintain on what I am now, will their be a price increase? I'm tempted to upgrade to IQ2 but to decrease cost, I may give up the connection in our bedroom.

Rgds

Only if you change/modify your subscription after Oct 1st will new prices come into effect, so stay the way you are and pay the price you are now.

What I don't understnad too is the diff between Family HD and Sports HD? I see Sports HD have the green box which is sports. Isn't that already included in the Family HD under the black HD box (i.e. Foax 1,2 and 3 and expnHD?)I'm really confused....and my head hurts :-(

Rgds

patrick

With the "HD" channels for the $16 what you get is the HD version of the SD channels in your package so for example the family hd you are looking at you would only get the "get started hd channels"discovery hd,fox8,national geo" and drama& lifestylHD channels "uktv and W"not the sports and movie channels .If you go the sports hd package you get the same as the family package plus the SD sports channels in HD.

Edited by wheelz

With the "HD" channels for the $16 what you get is the HD version of the SD channels in your package so for example the family hd you are looking at you would only get the "get started hd channels"discovery hd,fox8,national geo" and drama& lifestylHD channels "uktv and W"not the sports and movie channels .If you go the sports hd package you get the same as the family package plus the SD sports channels in HD.

Thanks Wheelz.

What if I want Foxsport 1HD,2HD & 3HD?

Rgds

pat

the HD will only include the channels you have in SD...so if you go for sport, you get the sport HD channels, if you go for movies you have the movies HD...you wont automatically have all of them in HD....it just lists all of the possible HD channels...

so I can still opt for the Family HD IQ2 package but for HD I only select Foxsport 1HD, 2HD and 3HD and do not want the HD Get Started pack?

Am I correct in saying that with the sports HD, i loose the Sports Active which I have in SD where I can select any one out of 5 premier league footbal matches?

Rgds

Pat

Just to try and help sort out the confusion.

The HD pack listed in black is a charge of $16 regardless of how many HD Channels you can get.

Your eligibility for receiving certain HD stations depends upon what SD package you have.

For example, if you only have Get Started and HD, you would get Nat Geo, Discovery and Fox 8 in HD.

If you only had Get Started and Sports, you would get Nat Geo, Discovery, Fox 8 and all 3 Fox Sports HD Channels as well as ESPN HD.

If you only had Get Started and Showtime movies, you would get Nat Geo, Discovery, Fox 8, Showtime Premiere HD, Showtime Action HD and Showcase HD.

If you had Get Started, Drama & Lifestyle and Sports, you would get Nat Geo, Discovery, Fox 8, W HD, UKTV HD and all 3 Fox Sports HD Channels as well as ESPN HD.

I hope this has cleared it up.

so I can still opt for the Family HD IQ2 package but for HD I only select Foxsport 1HD, 2HD and 3HD and do not want the HD Get Started pack?

If you want any sports channels you need to get the sports HD package you get no sport with the family package but with the sports HD package you get all the family package channels aswell.

Am I correct in saying that with the sports HD, i loose the Sports Active which I have in SD where I can select any one out of 5 premier league footbal matches?

Rgds

Pat

Edited by wheelz

Im currently paying $25 for the 3 tier package with my subs. (no iq)

The way I read it, this $25 deal now goes to $16 * 3 = $48

Looks like you only get the discount if you get the IQ package, & with that my increased subs will still be $8

So you will be paying $90 a month with the new pricing.

You are better off changing to the family IQ pack for $72/month and you will pay less plus get an IQ1/2

what I'd like to know is when do the additional IQ value packs for exisitng subscribers kick in..?

is it Oct 1st or Nov 1st...?

I am going with October 1st, thats what all information in the PDF mentions.

If I maintain on what I am now, will their be a price increase? I'm tempted to upgrade to IQ2 but to decrease cost, I may give up the connection in our bedroom.

Yes there will be a price increase for everyone billed by foxtel

Look at the top section of page one of the PDF

You can see the "was" price and the new"now" price

Edited by loony

I am with Foxtel from Telstra and i signed up BEFORE October 1 so my price will NOT increase.It is stated on the Telstra website that if you signed up before October 1 then your price will not increase.But if you make any changes to your package after that date you will go onto the new pricing.

Yes there will be a price increase for everyone.

Look at the top section of page one of the PDF

You can see the "was" price and the new"now" price

Yep, unless you get your Foxtel through Telstra, in which case prices will stay the same unless you make a change to your package after October 1 (i.e. this Thursday).

"If you joined FOXTEL from Telstra before 1 October 2009 and remain on the same plan there will be no changes to your pricing."

So if you get it via T and wanna save a couple of bux, make sure you change to the plan/package you want in the next 24 hrs to get in before the "1 October 2009" cutoff.

The following web page has a table showing the price increases of Foxtel via Telstra:

http://telstra.com.au/foxtel/update.cfm

I am with Foxtel from Telstra and i signed up BEFORE October 1 so my price will NOT increase.It is stated on the Telstra website that if you signed up before October 1 then your price will not increase.But if you make any changes to your package after that date you will go onto the new pricing.

Correct

For those who are billed by foxtel their price will be increaseing as of next month

One question is sky news active including sky uk going fullscreen

I dont think so

There was no mention in the press conference and it wasnt shown i the video where they were demonstrating the features.