Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

My 63 inch plasma is here and wall mounted and I am very happy with this tv. The 2d picture is great, no buzz and the 2d to 3d works well. Have watched toy story and zombieland both brilliant with 3d conversion. Played red dead redemption in 3d and it blew me away - it's freaking amazing at how everything has depth and is placed correctly - the mountains and cliffs are amazing. Very happy with this purchase - definitely blows the led out of the water. On a dark game such as alanwake there is some ghosting on a few bright objects but acceptable. Highly recommended - well done Sammy :D

Just thought I would let people know that I saw at the Good Guys in Hoppers Crossing today the 63" plasma but the model was ps63b680. They have them at $2499, reduced from $5999.

I am thinking of getting one myself but am sort of leaning towards waiting on the new C model but do I want to pay the extra 2 grand for 3d??

mmmmm, decisions, decisions

Someone managed to get the 63" 3D version from Myer in SA for $3081 if you go back 5 pages or so - so really only $500 more ;)

Just thought I would let people know that I saw at the Good Guys in Hoppers Crossing today the 63" plasma but the model was ps63b680. They have them at $2499, reduced from $5999.

I am thinking of getting one myself but am sort of leaning towards waiting on the new C model but do I want to pay the extra 2 grand for 3d??

mmmmm, decisions, decisions

You'd actually be spending less than an extra $1000 to get the C7000 63" as without any extended warranty they are being purchased by some people for a lot less than $3500

Also there's much more to the C7000 than just 3D.

Edited by purpleninja

Professional reviews aren't worth a crumpet. There is so much bias in them towards the manufacturer who provides their magazine with the greatest advertising dollars.

I consider comments and reviews by owners as gold.

+1

The number of positive reviews from AVS and from some European countries was enough to convince me.

My 63 inch plasma is here and wall mounted and I am very happy with this tv. The 2d picture is great, no buzz and the 2d to 3d works well. Have watched toy story and zombieland both brilliant with 3d conversion. Played red dead redemption in 3d and it blew me away - it's freaking amazing at how everything has depth and is placed correctly - the mountains and cliffs are amazing. Very happy with this purchase - definitely blows the led out of the water. On a dark game such as alanwake there is some ghosting on a few bright objects but acceptable. Highly recommended - well done Sammy :D

Glad to read you are enjoying it.

Hopefully I can make a comment soon.

Welcome to the forum

Please forgive me if I have missed something in a previous post but has anyone actually rec'd the 63 in SA yet or does anyone have a definite delivery date?? If so who did you order through?? I am currently getting the dreaded HN runaround. I guess it doesn't help that samsung are even more uninformed than HN. Anyone that has any info from SA would be hugely appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Someone claimed that they are getting it from HN on Saturday.

According to him they phoned today.

It is also from my favorite (not) HN store at Marion.

Did a quick phone around today.

Nobody from Myer , JB and GG received the 63 today.

Wonder if the HN Marion story is genuine :rolleyes:

Edited by CC Rider

Anyone know what he best price is on the 58" so far?

I was quoted $2800 at GG's today in Sydney. $3150 with 5 year warranty.

Surely I can get a better deal than that considering the 63" is $3500...

I was quoted $3000 including 5 years warranty and delivery by Myer in Adelaide.

Someone claimed that they are getting it from HN on Saturday.

According to him they phoned today.

It is also from my favorite (not) HN store at Marion.

Did a quick phone around today.

Nobody from Myer , JB and GG received the 63 today.

Wonder if the HN Marion story is genuine :rolleyes:

I was in Myer City again this evening.

Popped over to the HT section just on the of chance they had a plasma and asked if they had any of the 2010 Samsung 3D plasmas in yet.

Yes said the guy I spoke to and took me towards a tented area.

I was ready and looking forward to seeing the rare and mythical Samsung plasma.

And then I realised that it was an LED LCD TV.

I pointed that out and he said yes it was.

So I asked about the plasma again and was told he had no delivery date yet.

I walked away disappointed .....

sufferin' sucketash as Sylvester would say!!!

Someone managed to get the 63" 3D version from Myer in SA for $3081 if you go back 5 pages or so - so really only $500 more ;)

What a load of rubbish!

If you people believe that someone could get that tv for 3081 then they are dreaming!!

Gee ppl are easily sucked in.

What a load of rubbish!

If you people believe that someone could get that tv for 3081 then they are dreaming!!

Actually he isn't being sucked in because figjam did pay $3630 for the TV in Adelaide and gave the following breakdown as per his invoice.

I pulled the Trigger on a 63" tonight at Myer Tea Tree Plaza. The breakdown I got for pricing was:

TV - $3081

Extended warranty (to 5 years) - $499

Delivery - $50

Total - $3630 (less whatever I get back in Myer One points).

They also had no problem putting it on the 1000 days interest free (I have a Myer Visa Card).

Expected delivery date is 25th June.

However, the breakdown on the invoice probably wasn't the real breakdown as although Myer put the full amount for the warranty down on the invoice they are almost certainly discounting that in reality.

That still means that the TV could have been ~$3300 or so which is still an amazing price.

Add in the Myer One points you get back as Myer gift cards, and the promo items from Samsung and it's very cheap indeed!

Actually he isn't being sucked in because figjam did pay $3630 for the TV in Adelaide and gave the following breakdown as per his invoice.

However, the breakdown on the invoice probably wasn't the real breakdown as although Myer put the full amount for the warranty down on the invoice they are almost certainly discounting that in reality.

That still means that the TV could have been ~$3300 or so which is still an amazing price.

Add in the Myer One points you get back as Myer gift cards, and the promo items from Samsung and it's very cheap indeed!

The price he paid was $3630 inc warranty and delivery, which is pretty much what I have been quoted. You cannot break it down any other way.

What a load of rubbish!

lol and this is coming from someone who said the "3D" version is $2k more? It's more then just 3D by going to the C7000. The black levels are the real difference (as per the US reviews).

I was merely pointing out that people have managed to get it cheaper then the RRP you were referring to.

What a load of rubbish!

I'm awaiting delivery of my 63", $3498 inc +4yr warranty. So if you take the rrp of the warranty off($499), you could say I'm getting the tv for $2999. So don't be too surprised when you hear of the prices some people are getting. :o

Edited by Jayman7

how does the myer one gift card thing work. i have a freind with a card so might get her to use the card and give her the cash. whats the reward for spending $3000 on the myer one card ( i think it may be one of those visa ones but not sure)

The price he paid was $3630 inc warranty and delivery, which is pretty much what I have been quoted. You cannot break it down any other way.

He broke it down as per his invoice.

Yes, that probably wasn't the real way that Myer came up with their final price, but it's not just an arbitary set of numbers he concocted.

I was in Myer City again this evening.

Popped over to the HT section just on the of chance they had a plasma and asked if they had any of the 2010 Samsung 3D plasmas in yet.

Yes said the guy I spoke to and took me towards a tented area.

I was ready and looking forward to seeing the rare and mythical Samsung plasma.

And then I realised that it was an LED LCD TV.

I pointed that out and he said yes it was.

So I asked about the plasma again and was told he had no delivery date yet.

I walked away disappointed .....

sufferin' sucketash as Sylvester would say!!!

It's amazing that these guys can get it so wrong.

Hopefully PN I get a call tomorrow.

I have my mobile on my PC at work waiting for it to go of.

I am starting to think that we have been short changed again. Annoying that some stores in WA got stock which were not spoken for.

Oh well must be patient.

how does the myer one gift card thing work. i have a freind with a card so might get her to use the card and give her the cash. whats the reward for spending $3000 on the myer one card ( i think it may be one of those visa ones but not sure)

The standard Myer One card is just a customer loyalty card which you can join up on the day and use the temporary one they give you until the plastic version arrives in the mail.

Basically for every $1000 you spend in Myer you get a $20 Myer gift card from them.

So if you spend $3000 you would get $60 in Myer gift cards back.

There's no point in getting your friend to use her card as you can join for free and just use your own.

If you have a Myer Credit card I think you get $30 for every $1000 you spend but that involves having a Myer credit card. I'm not sure of the numbers with the credit card as I don't have one.

I've just got the free Myer One loyalty card - doesn't cost me anything and gives me back some money.

Edited by purpleninja

He broke it down as per his invoice.

Yes, that probably wasn't the real way that Myer came up with their final price, but it's not just an arbitary set of numbers he concocted.

I can confirm that this price is legitimate .

The Warranty's are with United and the price quoted by Myer is the actual price you would pay if you tried to buy EW from United.

I phoned today to query if they got any 7000 plasma's and queried the $3630 price quoted and was told they could also do the deal for me.

Edited by CC Rider

I'm awaiting delivery of my 63", $3498 inc +4yr warranty. So if you take the rrp of the warranty off($499), you could say I'm getting the tv for $2999. So don't be too surprised when you hear of the prices some people are getting. :o

The 4 years additional warranty and delivery has got to be worth at least say $200 on a $3000+ TV (I mean extended warranties aren't a free service), so that would make the TV itself $3300.

That could be a valid (and conservative) breakdown of a $3500 figure.

Edited by purpleninja