Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

with regards to my last post I found this in the manual:

"The TFT LCD panel uses a panel consisting of sub pixels (6 220 800) which require sophisticated technology to produce.

However, there may be a few bright or dark pixels on the screen. These pixels will have no impact on the performance of the product"

My tv has one bright pixel. It looks like its stuck on white, but looks red at some angles. I can only really notice it when the screen is black and I'm standing up close.

Would this be normal like the manual says or is it just samsung covering there arse?

Samsung are covering their arse. But there is nothing they will do for you.

My 52inch is fine.....touch wood.

but the 40inch had 2 stuck/bright pixels when i took it out of the box. JB hifi replaced it for me. But one store manager said he didnt believe its a replacement issue and wasnt going to.

they did replace it. New one is fine.

I rung up samsung to ask the question and they told me to call them again if I get 2 more and they will replace it.

Bit annoyed that I have this one bright pixel. Even though I can't notice it with normal viewing it just annoys me that I know it's there

Hi

any one interested for Brand new BD-1500 in sealed box with full Samsung Australian waranty for $450 Sydney cash on pickup ,please let me know on my email ,can be also posted Australia wide what ever will be postage cost will not overcharge ,

Kind regards

Hi

any one interested for Brand new BD-1500 in sealed box with full Samsung Australian waranty for $450 Sydney cash on pickup ,please let me know on my email ,can be also posted Australia wide what ever will be postage cost will not overcharge ,

Kind regards

Can get brand new from digitalcenter for $409.

HDrocks: :D But no blu-ray yet.

Chameleon, I am in North Shore area, will make an offer, I can't PM you at the moment (what silly forum rules to not allow people to PM newbies. I understand new sign ups not being given PM-out abilities until 5 posts, but not the other way around).

Regards

Did anyone else get the bluray player today? Mine was delivered at about 7 30am. Not sure if i'm selling it yet so havn't opened it. :lol:

:o ohoh , hope mine arrived aswell.. tho i only sent the redemption last week :P

Edited by D3CID3R

Did anyone else get the bluray player today? Mine was delivered at about 7 30am. Not sure if i'm selling it yet so havn't opened it. :lol:

Wa... I'm only still queued, and I bought on July first. Still you live in Sydney, and I am in country Victoria. Hope that it is not too far away.

:lol:

K.H. ;)

Wa... I'm only still queued, and I bought on July first. Still you live in Sydney, and I am in country Victoria. Hope that it is not too far away.

:lol:

K.H. ;)

Series 7 is about to launch next month...does anyone know what the difference is between series 6 and 7?

thanks

Chameleon, I am in North Shore area, will make an offer, I can't PM you at the moment (what silly forum rules to not allow people to PM newbies. I understand new sign ups not being given PM-out abilities until 5 posts, but not the other way around).

Regards

Hi Tony sorry dont know how to PM you , do you want to buy it for $450 cash on pickup ? I am close to Rockdale

Kind regards

'Your claim status is: Valid awaiting fulfilment. We anticipate dispatching your item in the coming weeks in accordance with the terms of the offer'

Yay!!! this all seems to be working alot smoother and faster than i initially anticipated.

Sorry dont know what size I didnt open my box

I wonder if anyone has opened the box and if there is one actually in there. Looks like mine will be a month away since there are people who put in the claim the start of last month and still haven't got their player. :mellow:

On the plus side, enjoying the olympics in HD this year, even though it appears most is filmed only in 720p, not 1080p. I'm fussy, I know.

I wonder if anyone has opened the box and if there is one actually in there. Looks like mine will be a month away since there are people who put in the claim the start of last month and still haven't got their player. :mellow:

On the plus side, enjoying the olympics in HD this year, even though it appears most is filmed only in 720p, not 1080p. I'm fussy, I know.

Don't worry as i only put the claim in at around the 13/07/08. Not sure if they are doing Sydney first or not.