Ten Afl Hd And Dd 5.1

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The non 5.1 intro was a bit out of sync, when the commentators were talking about it being in high def and 5.1.. seems alright now.

Must say the cut-over to 5.1 wasnt exactly elegant.. halfway through the title graphics/music.. work in progress still obviously!

Regardless.. HUGE step forward for Free to Air TV in Australia!

If HD is out of sync, then everything is out of sync, as it has been said that analog and SD are now derived from HD.

I thought that too but it wasn't true the other day for House. It was out by a long way on HD and perfectly fine (multiple TVs) on SD and Analogue.

BTW, the AFL tonight started in 5.1 but it wasn't when I checked earlier (unsure if it was live as I can't stand AFL).

5.1 was great in Perth - but before and 'After the game' (when it was in 2.0), was half a sec out.

Considering this is first game (or anything else) I've experienced on Ten in 5.1, full credit to 10.

Problem is - I now expect this every week :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
We have lost 5.1 and hd feed in Melb.Was excellent till now.Paul

Yeh I don't think we were meant to hear the control chick talking either. They were trying to contact 10 Presentation! :blink: Engineering to 10 Pres, we have a problem. Should we go to an ad?

Before all that it was GREAT. Incredible image and sound!

Matt

The footy tonight started in white noise on 5.1, then went to 2.0 for me - is it just me, or is 5.1 in Perth for Coll v Swans busted for everyone in Perth now?
Same for me. I thought it was the Toppy playing up. Glad to hear it wasn't/.

Did anyone else notice the Letters FL appear sometime during tonight's broadcast? It looked like they were being drawn on by someone.

That was during the half-time commentary - was in context with what was being talked about at the time.

Ten are indeed doing an excellent job with the AFL but I prefer Seven showing Lost, Heroes, etc. as they have 5.1, (something Ten doesn't do for normal programming) , 1080i (nice ;)) plus the watermark is in a better location.