The Rich List - Lucy & Steve

I don't know if anyone else is getting into this show, but out of all the new gameshows I think this is the best. From a home-viewer perspective I think it really gets the synapses firing trying to come up with list items faster than they can say them.

Its not high-brow, but definitely interactive viewing with a couple of people in the lounge room yelling list items at each other.

Anyway, it dawns on me that since this show pairs up people (often different gender) then really there should be a winnings threshold at which their spouses give them a 'pass'... especially in the case of Lucy and Steve... they make a nice enough TV couple, and given they've won so much money together, it seems only fair :blink:

Cheers :D

I quite enjoy this show and I think it's easily the best of this year's contenders (1 v 100 and The Contest are particularly lame, the former being painful at best).

As you say, the viewer participation level is what makes it work. Ironically it's the total opposite of Seven's other 'hit' game show Deal or No Deal, in which the best a home viewer can do is choose a case at the start and hang around for up to 30 minutes to see if they were right. Even The Weakest Link was more engaging than that.

I have to agree that it does get you in. It almost harks back to the days of the family sitting around the piano singing songs together. I think it's especially clever of seven to include certain lists in their advertising. You get to spend several days before each show coming up with your own items.

The favourite things list in last nights tiebreaker had us obsessed for days. OK so its hardly intellectual, but it doesn't set out to be. Nothing wrong with a bit of good old family entertainment. Mind you, whenever a list is announced, my 17 yo son just googles it and starts yelling out the answers.

I notice that 1v100 has already started to do the timeslot shuffle. Here's hoping it dies completely soon, although it'll only get replaced by something equally excerable.

Actually, the only timeslot shuffling it's done is air 10 minutes later than usual last night because of the swimming.

8.40 has actually been the usual timeslot prior to then.

I also think its pretty slick the way Andrew slides in the extra trivia and makes it look like its something he 'just knows' - I mean they do some nice research, and despite his laugh, he's a pretty good host, and delivers it well.... without too many instances of the idiotic theatrics he often displays on Deal.

I think its great that they don't shy away from extra information about list items - whereas it seems every other game show strives to dumb it down further and further.

I also think its pretty slick the way Andrew slides in the extra trivia and makes it look like its something he 'just knows' - I mean they do some nice research, and despite his laugh, he's a pretty good host, and delivers it well.... without too many instances of the idiotic theatrics he often displays on Deal.

I think its great that they don't shy away from extra information about list items - whereas it seems every other game show strives to dumb it down further and further.

someone told me he was a lawyer before he got into tv

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old topic, however:

Having just looked at the Tv Guide on 7's Website, it is looking like The Rich List will be a 7HD only game show this year, i.e:

Monday 17/3/08

7HD

7:30pm-8:30pm: The Rich List

7SD

7:30pm-8:00pm: Border Security: Australia's front line

8:00pm-8:30pm: SCU: Serious Crash Unit

Does this mean that The Rich List will be produced in HD this year? Or will it still be WS just only on 7HD?

doesn't look like repeats to me: http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/index.cfm?a...00&loc=grid

mentions "brand new episodes", "Series Return"

Hmm, good point.

Says a lot that it is not only relegated to 7HD, but on the first of two non-ratings weeks over Easter (er, not that they do ratings for the HD channels as yet, but anyway).

It could be left-over unaired episodes from last year, possibly.

I know this is an old topic, however:

Having just looked at the Tv Guide on 7's Website, it is looking like The Rich List will be a 7HD only game show this year, i.e:

Monday 17/3/08

7HD

7:30pm-8:30pm: The Rich List

7SD

7:30pm-8:00pm: Border Security: Australia's front line

8:00pm-8:30pm: SCU: Serious Crash Unit

Does this mean that The Rich List will be produced in HD this year? Or will it still be WS just only on 7HD?

Appears to have been a mistake, I'm watching 7HD right now and have Border Security.