Kogan Lcd Tv's

Oh, are you still here. I thought you were going. No, I didn't think so.

Sorry but still on a high over today's Grand Final! :blush:

Keep arguing with everyone in search of that freebie ignorent troll. What a stroker. :D

LOL I guess when it comes to a Battle of Wits it must be only a half a Battle for you! :wacko:

Oh! I will own up as I had forgotten about my freebie. Last Monday when I had the meeting with Ruslan Kogan and Daniel his Operations Manager at my Club to show them the layout I did mention that I would be there early on the day to assist them in the setup and for that they could shout me lunch. :blush:

Damn I am easily bought! :blush:

The Chef Ajay does a bloody good Sunday Roast in the Bistro and cheap to.

http://www.hamptonrsl.com.au/bistro/index.htm

Edited by sail

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not :D !!!

Me either

And do they use a Fujitsu AVM-II scaler-engine

At a guess it will be either Pixelworks, Genesis or Mstar, would be surprised if it was anything else.

I see there are often mentions of the Samsung panel used, I think there is some confusion about the panels used by Samsung, and the panels made by Samsung for others, they are not the same, even to the third parties there are many grades of panels available, the brand of the panel used is not a guarantee of the end result unfortunately

You are looking a little silly now. If you don't work for Kogan why are you putting so much effort into defending his TVs.

Just to set you right don't try reading between the lines and actually try to comprehend what I am saying in this thread and have been doing all along.

”Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen”

So many here are willing to knock this guys product without ever seeing one and thus I offered him a chance to do so a while back. Obviously that wasn't convenient back then but is now and is about to happen next Sunday but you Prophets of Doom are just loving knocking something you haven't seen but hundreds have by buying them and returning great Feedback.

You should quit now because you're going to look pretty dopey after open day when people are explaining all of the TVs shortfalls which you have dismissed.

LOL I am only replying to the negative innuendo by people like yourself and not dismissing his TVs shortfalls because I haven't (Like you) seen them yet. Its fair enough to ask questions but blatantly slander him and his products without knowledge of them certainly makes you look Dopey already. <_<

I look forward to informed feedback from next Sundays Open Display Day but until then I don't and won't comment on them. So can't you moaners do the same? :o

How can you dismiss what people are saying about these cheap TVs when you havn't seen them yourself, and that mixed in with your limited technical knowledge is really quite amusing. :rolleyes:

Once again I am only dismissing stupid uninformed comments by people such as yourself and that makes me concerned about your limited technical knowledge. :rolleyes:

”You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think”

No matter how Kogan LCDs perform on the day I won't be proven wrong when my whole role on this thread was to offer a venue for an open day and to reply to stupid comments from those who just love to knock someone having a go.

"Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again"

:rolleyes:

Come along next Sunday 3 - 6pm Hampton RSL, 25 Holyrood St, Hampton Vic and make your own minds up. <_<

A few points:

1. They SAY they're using Samsung panels, but I haven't seen anyone verify that. Have you pulled one apart and checked? I certainly haven't, and therefore the only sensible statement I can make from the information provided by Kogan as that they MAY use Samsung panels in their televisions.

2. Lets give Kogan the benefit of the doubt and say that they do use Samsung panels in the LCD televisions. First of all, what revision panels are these? They may be Samsung panels from five years ago! Also, what about scaling circuitry, and all the other internal components? Are they sourced from Samsung suppliers as well? If so, how can Kogan essentially build a rebadged Samsung TV for 1/4 of the price when his companies buying power is nil compared to that of a large company like Samsung? Obviously the manufacturers bloat their prices to make extra money and cover R&D, but even if you factor in 70% of the cost price for this, Kogan must be either 1. making no profit or 2. getting the components far cheaper than Samsung do 3. using different components that are cheaper than their Samsung equivalents. It's obvious to anyone with sense that (3) is the most likely situation.

The bottom line is that unless Kogan are using all identical components to Samsung in their products, you cannot make claim that Kogan product X performs just as well as Samsung product X. Even the best panel in the world will look bad with poor scaling and input circuitry...

These are some excellent points and given they have not been argued with, I'm saying you are pretty close to the mark. I hate it when good posts like this get buried in the cr@p ones or 1 single line is quoted out of context and used to invalidate the rest of the post because the replier knows he can't argue with the rest.

These are some excellent points and given they have not been argued with, I'm saying you are pretty close to the mark. I hate it when good posts like this get buried in the cr@p ones or 1 single line is quoted out of context and used to invalidate the rest of the post because the replier knows he can't argue with the rest.

some very good points indeed. hitachi at one stage for instance used a samsung panel in their price figtherr panels it was actualyl quite shocking thats not to say all samsung panels are crap, but the what release panel being used is very important. again coming back to hitachi they at another stage again brought out another price fighter model but using a panel from 2 years ago !, was shocking compared to other more current stuff. additionally the panel itself is probably only part of hte implementation. have seen screens with supposedly the same panels but one has absolutely looked crap compared to the other. philips implementations come to mind, no matter what panel theyve used have always found issues with the screens of theirs I've seen ! jsut my subjective impressions :) but would concur in the merit in whats posted by inm8.

but the what release panel being used is very important. again coming back to hitachi they at another stage again brought out another price fighter model but using a panel from 2 years ago !, was shocking compared to other more current stuff.

Panel generation is another thing that catches people out, having the latest generation panel is no guarantee as the panels are available in different grades and specifications anyway.

I think with Kogan people object to comparisons with Samsung just because they use a panel that is manufactured by Samsung, they would do much better to compare apples with apples and offer comparsions to panels like Soniq, Conia, AWA etc, of course they won't be able to use price so heavily in these kinds of comparisons but they would be a closer comparison in reality.

Guest JimboTHX1138

Me and drsmith were telling him it's the electronics inside that matter months ago when he was talking up the Kogan TVs to something they're not because they use a Samsung panel. He doesn't listen, instead carries on with his moronic rants with zero technical knowledge and trolling arguing with anyone he can as he seems to enjoy it, with the hopes of getting himself a free TV. :rolleyes:

The reality is that the panel itself won't make a lot of difference, they could have used LG Philips, AUO, CMO, Hitachi etc and still got the same result as they do now, the scaler and associated electronics is what sets them apart more so than the panel itself, there is nothing unique about the electronics in the Kogan units as they, and all the other similar price and spec panels (insert your favourite cheap brand panel name here, Soniq, AWA, etc etc) use readily available solutions.

The factories that 'manufacture' these sets are nothing more than assembly lines that buy the parts and put them together, I've been in many of these factories and have seen it first hand.

Me and drsmith were telling him it's the electronics inside that matter months ago when he was talking up the Kogan TVs to something they're not because they use a Samsung panel. He doesn't listen,

More so the case that you can't read. :blink: I have NEVER talked up Kogan's sets but have only asked how morons such as yourself can knock something so emphatically without ever seeing one.

It is fine to ask IF something can be the case but I despise moronic comments from people that have never seen one but just love to knock anything new or people.

Yes it would be nice if Kogan came back with some answers but I can't blame him if morons such as yourself just want to rubbish whatever he posts. :mellow:

instead carries on with his moronic rants with zero technical knowledge and trolling arguing with anyone he can as he seems to enjoy it, with the hopes of getting himself a free TV. :rolleyes:

More moronic assumptions! LOL Give up moron and read what I actually have posted instead of trying to stir the pot.

:wacko:

Or sensibly wait until after the Open Display day next Sunday at the Hampton RSL and some people that have technical brains to attend and report back on here on what they have seen and how they stack up to the opposition. :rolleyes:

"I am, therefore I think." Isn't that putting Descartes before the horse”

:lol:

Guest JimboTHX1138
More so the case that you can't read. :blink: I have NEVER talked up Kogan's sets but have only asked how morons such as yourself can knock something so emphatically without ever seeing one.

It is fine to ask IF something can be the case but I despise moronic comments from people that have never seen one but just love to knock anything new or people.

Yes it would be nice if Kogan came back with some answers but I can't blame him if morons such as yourself just want to rubbish whatever he posts. :mellow:

More moronic assumptions! LOL Give up moron and read what I actually have posted instead of trying to stir the pot.

Or sensibly wait until after the Open Display day next Sunday at the Hampton RSL and some people that have technical brains to attend and report back on here on what they have seen and how they stack up to the opposition. :rolleyes:

"I am, therefore I think." Isn't that putting Descartes before the horse”

:lol:

Listen dopey. All we are saying is that because it uses a Samsung panel doesn't mean it is equivelant to Samsung TVs as you've implied. It is the ELECTRONICS INSIDE that make a TV what it is. I can't keep saying the same thing over and over, either you get it or you don't. Just stop comparing an inferior product to a Samsung TV because it is really quite stupid at best. Now stop trolling with your stupid rants. :rolleyes:

Listen dopey. All we are saying is that because it uses a Samsung panel doesn't mean it is equivelant to Samsung TVs as you've implied.

LOL DOPE! Show me where I said it is the equivalent to a Samsung set!

It is the ELECTRONICS INSIDE that make a TV what it is. I can't keep saying the same thing over and over, either you get it or you don't.

LOL DOPE! Show me where I said that!

Stop listening to the voices in your head and frigging well learn to read and comprehend.

Just stop comparing an inferior product to a Samsung TV because it is really quite stupid at best.

Now stop trolling with your stupid rants. :rolleyes:

LOL DOPE! You just don't get it do you?

A teacher was explaining how a double negative, when spoken, always gives a positive. 'This,' he said, 'is true in every language across the world. However, there is no example in any culture where a double positive gives a negative!' Looking proud, the teacher sits down, and there's a short silence, followed by a sarcastic voice: 'Yeah, right.'

Guest JimboTHX1138
LOL DOPE! Show me where I said it is the equivalent to a Samsung set!

Ok, done that. :D

A couple of generations behind! LOL Funny then all Samsung sets must be in the same bracket

Dip stick! They are using the same LCD panel as Samsung! :angry:

NEW 40" KOGAN x40 HD LCD TV Samsung panel 1080i HDMI

HD 1366x768, 720p 1080i HDMI, MELBOURNE Pickup,

Can't even remember what you've been ranting about.

LOL DOPE! You just don't get it do you?

Hmmm, how many times do you want to repeat yourself in the one post. Seems you're a few short of a six pack. Unfortunately it is the first signs of insanity. :wacko:

Ok, done that.

Can't even remember what you've been ranting about.

Hmmm, how many times do you want to repeat yourself in the one post. Seems you're a few short of a six pack. Unfortunately it is the first signs of insanity.

LOL Sorry I didn't realize you were so dyslexic! :rolleyes:

I was simply repeating the same answer for each of the incorrect statements you made concerning what you said (Incorrectly) I had posted. (Read the quote above each Duh!) Even a DOPE like you surely should of understood that. :blink:

“If you send someone a bag of snow and it melts in the post, they won't get your drift”

LOL Sorry I didn't realize you were so dyslexic! :rolleyes:

I was simply repeating the same answer for each of the incorrect statements you made concerning what you said (Incorrectly) I had posted. (Read the quote above each Duh!) Even a DOPE like you surely should of understood that. :blink:

“If you send someone a bag of snow and it melts in the post, they won't get your drift”

That post of yours definately implies it is the same quality as the samsung.

Sail,

By repeating the same nonsense over and over and engaging in childish name calling, you're most likely doing the open day more harm than good.

What message Doc? Only replying to his moronic posts.

Okay Doc please go back and read that morons posts, Every time he has used a word such as Dope, moron etc I have replied using the same adjective that he started with.

I really care not if you think I am doing the Open Display Day harm or not. Maybe it will prove to some idiots here I am not being paid by Kogans. :angry:

About time some of you wait until reports come in here from that day before assuming his product is inferior. :rolleyes:

http://www.topfield-australia.com.au/phpbb...pic.php?t=10250

“Some people cause happiness wherever they go; some cause it whenever they go”

You dont have a clue do you

its not the set....

allow me to enlighten you

Hi Caniffe/Timo

this guy has had too much red cordial tonight

hes started getting aggressive in his posts here and just rambles on with personal attacks after mild criticism for the next few pages

is he Kogan in drag ?

he also advertises Kogan in his posts with links

should Kogan pay a commission to DTV for allowing his advertising ?

and finally what next.....will we see statements like "as endorsed by DTV " on Kogan products or promotions ?

blatant advertising should be and is out ... this isnt any different

just another freeloader trying to hitch a free ride

cheers

mello yello

have a nice day

:)

DUCK..................

The "idiot" dragon will be here soon ................................

"Sails" words..........................

/Quote Start

sails

Toppy Member

Toppy Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:30 pm Post subject:

"Edit: Idiots there deleted the thread. Anyway all the info here."

/Quote End

Can you spell "Bite the hand that feeds you" ???

Austen.

These threads seem to be suffering a similar fate elsewhere http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...=737637&p=6

jok11n.............

Some member here aren't Whirlpool members which they'll need to be to access your link........

Here, Allow me to help you out there good buddy .....................

User #55749 sail This post was removed by a moderator (spam). Monday at 4:33 pm

User #55749 sail This post was removed by a moderator (repetitive). Thursday at 8:52 pm

User #55749 sail This post was removed by a moderator (repetitive). Saturday at 8:58 am

User #55749 sail This post was removed by a moderator (personal attack). Saturday at 9:43 am

User #55749 sail This post was removed by a moderator (spam). Saturday at 10:32 pm

User #55749 sail This post was removed by a moderator (spam). Today at 8:25 pm

And ............................

User #55749 sail ............ My..Club just purchased a 60" LG Plasma.

Austen.

It's good to see that someone read my post in full before replying ;)

These threads seem to be suffering a similar fate elsewhere http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...=737637&p=6

The whirlpool mods can be brutal, but in this case, it's just what the doctor ordered :lol:

It's good to see that someone read my post in full before replying ;)

The whirlpool mods can be brutal, but in this case, it's just what the doctor ordered :lol:

Damn pity you don't read mine in full! LOL

To save you guessing here are my deleted posts in full from Whirlpool...

User #55749 sail This post of yours was removed by The Fat Control, a moderator.

Reason: repetitive

review my deleted post | edit it | whim The Fat Control

Thursday at 9:22 pm

Update....

Couldn't be fairer than this.

The Hampton RSL has an extremely large LG plasma screen as well as a smaller Pioneer plasma TV in the same room that we are holding our display day. They don't have any LCD screens but forum members are more than welcome to bring in their own TVs to make comparisons.

Kindest Regards,

Daniel Beahan

Operations Manager

Kogan Technologies

www.kogan.com.au

The LG is new this year and a 70" Plasma and the Pioneer 50" Plasma bought last year.

User #55749 sail This post of yours was removed by The Fat Control, a moderator.

Reason: repetitive

review my deleted post | edit it | whim The Fat Control

Saturday at 9:28 am

DR Dark. writes...

Are they any good?

I doubt it.

...and what brings you to that conclusion?

This is precisely the reason for the Open Display day on the 7th Oct to dispel hopefully the ridiculous innuendo cast on his products by people assuming the worst without any proof.

I would imagine the massive positive Feedback he has achieved on eBay from the thousands that have actually bought his LCD sets proves that he delivers a decent product.

So rather than knock something you haven't experienced come along and see for yourselves.

Hampton RSL

25 Holyrood St

Hampton

Sun 7th Oct

3pm - 6pm

If you are not in Melb I believe they might take this show on the road interstate.

Either way at least there will be some feedback on these forums from those attending. Myself included because as of yet I haven't seen one of his LCDs in the flesh much less operating and am looking forward to doing so.

User #55749 sail This post of yours was removed by Hendikins, a moderator.

Reason: spam

review my deleted post | edit it | whim Hendikins

Saturday at 11:02 pm

DR Dark. writes...

Bollocks. What KOGAN is doing is paying a couple of people on various forums to come and post how great these POSs are. Then they get upset when the majority of people with some sense realise this stuff for the crap that it is.

If YOU like it , buy it, it's a free country, but why would you worry about anyone else not wanting to waste their money ?

That is total rubbish!

This is what I posted on the DTV Forum...

BTW My reasons for bringing this on...

1. I got sick of people posting negative comments in this thread (DTV Forum) about something they have never seen or experienced and the consistent knocking of someone willing to have a go.

2. My curiosity in seeing and learning about the technology in these products and the opportunity to run my PVR through an LCD set.

3. Finally but not least my convincing the Club management not to charge venue fees as it would help promote bars sales on what is normally a quiet day. That and that alone is my major personal concern.

So those of you in Melbourne on that Sunday lets get together and have some fun.

Oops! Almost forgot.

Bars open at 11am and the Bistro at Midday.

Don't knock something until you have actually seen it! I haven't and reserve my judgment until doing so next week but do reserve my right to defend somebody being rubbished by people that know SFA about the product.

BTW Kogan is not paying me so take a jump!

GO THE CATS!

www.topfield-australia.c...opic.php?t=10250

User #55749 sail This post of yours was removed by Hendikins, a moderator.

Reason: spam

review my deleted post | edit it | whim Hendikins

Sunday at 8:55 pm

DR Dark. writes...

Well at least you have backed a winner with them, unlike the crapola dodgey KOGAN crap.

Congrats to the Cats, but KOGAN's a bogan.

Fine to spout that but back it up rather than slandering something you haven't seen.

LOL AND GO MELBOURNE STORM!

www.topfield-australia.c...opic.php?t=10250

Shock Horror! :rolleyes:At least I am upfront unlike those here that tend to knock something they haven't seen. I will reserve my decision until I see them at the Open Display Day. rather than slander him like some of you.