Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Thanks to lostdog's receipt of $1900 (TV + 5 years warranty), I just picked one up yesterday for the same price with delivery thrown in from Powerhouse in Macquarie Centre. Their ticketed price is $1754.1 (10% discount from $1949) for the TV and $295 for warranty.

Myer won't go lower than $2194 with warranty (salesperson claims they have plenty in stock). Bing Lee quoted $2200. Clive Peters wanted $2389. Harvey Norman and Domayne won't go anywhere near the price.

Edited by hdtv seeker

That's an excellent price hdtv seeker!

And to think the same guys wanted to charge me $2275 only 4 days ago?!?! :angry:

You must be a better negotiator than me. :blush:

Got mine delivered yesterday, LOVE IT!

Enjoy.

hey damiens,

re the 42pz700a - Full HD, imho the only reason to spend the extra money is for the design (which is why i bought it)

check it out for yourself instore, but i sit 2m away from our 42pz700a and i have trouble telling the difference between SD and Full HD, let alone HD and Full HD

Thanks to lostdog's receipt of $1900 (TV + 5 years warranty), I just picked one up yesterday for the same price with delivery thrown in from Powerhouse in Macquarie Centre. Their ticketed price is $1754.1 (10% discount from $1949) for the TV and $295 for warranty.

Myer won't go lower than $2194 with warranty (salesperson claims they have plenty in stock). Bing Lee quoted $2200. Clive Peters wanted $2389. Harvey Norman and Domayne won't go anywhere near the price.

Hi gents, i can someone send me the receipt for this tv. I know there are not many left but that is a great price particularly power house.

Im still debating on this or a smaller LCD for a well lit room , but its hard to go past the picture quality of these and just deal with the reflections!

send to derek.jones@laurasinternational.com

cheers

That's an excellent price hdtv seeker!

And to think the same guys wanted to charge me $2275 only 4 days ago?!?! :angry:

You must be a better negotiator than me. :blush:

Got mine delivered yesterday, LOVE IT!

Enjoy.

It took almost an hour, 30 minutes of it was me doing crazy spreadsheet stuff on their laptop section trying to figure out whether it'll be cheaper to take the 24 months interest free option. I guess in the end it all worked out! ;)

my 50pv70 is currently hooked up to the HD stb via hdmi, picture's great. not sure if it's the HD stb or the plasma panel itself...i have seen digital stb on lcd and it's quite pixelated...esp for football matches...

niceee.. guys,anyway for Starhub and Singtel mio, their HD channels same ? i heard it's limited HD channels

niceee.. guys,anyway for Starhub and Singtel mio, their HD channels same ? i heard it's limited HD channels

If you don't want either and your reception is good, then get the Draco or Humax HD set-top box to receive HD5, TV Mobile and Digital 5, 8 & CNA instead. I am using the Draco STB with the PV70 and the IQ is very good.

Well i took the plunge tonight and bought a Panasonic 42" 700A (Full HD). Couldnt quite get the price down to $2095 as some did, places I tried were JB HI-Fi at Hornsby and Castle Hill. Bing Lee Hornsby said they would match it but only if I purchased and additional 4 year warranty for $495. They couldnt do my Yamaha amp at a decent price so in the end I said no.

I finally bought it at the Good Guys at Castle Hill for $2200 with an extended warranty of additional 2 years at $199. Best bit is no delivery charge as I also bought a stove from them the other day so they are delivering both on Saturday for only $40 :)

I also got my yamaha 1800b amp from JB at castle hill. Good guys could get the price I wanted, they were close though, JB did it for $1280 :)

Edited by damiens

If you don't want either and your reception is good, then get the Draco or Humax HD set-top box to receive HD5, TV Mobile and Digital 5, 8 & CNA instead. I am using the Draco STB with the PV70 and the IQ is very good.

can receive sports channel ? espn or soccer channel ?

thks

My wife and I popped into Goodguys in Bunbury WA today and at the entrance they had the 50" 700A for $2599.00, only 3 in store ? Might mean some clearances elsewhere as well.

WOW!

That's a great price. Easter special?

wasted lar, if you just get those super overpriced DVB-T tuner....suggest you get a Dvico HDM player with the DVB-T tuner.....can record somemore.

At least they don't overheat and become expensive paperweights or door-stoppers like those Dvicos do.  ;)

My wife and I popped into Goodguys in Bunbury WA today and at the entrance they had the 50" 700A for $2599.00, only 3 in store ? Might mean some clearances elsewhere as well.

:o Thats a sensational price - Anyone else seen them that low?

draco STB to watch HD on chanel 5, 8 cna damnwasted man...

local tv where got nice

Hongkong drama ownssss . prefer sports, hbo or another other hollywood channels

draco STB to watch HD on chanel 5, 8 cna damnwasted man...

local tv where got nice

Hongkong drama ownssss . prefer sports, hbo or another other hollywood channels

There are only a few channels with true HD contents on MioTV and Starhub. After a while, users will find that they are all repetitive. So far no HD for HK dramas, HBO and Hollywood subject matters.