Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Hi guys, new to the forum... but it has been invaluable over the last few weeks while researching new TV's.

Quick question for you... how do you go about getting sales guys below 3.8k for a 50" fullHD Viera with 5yr warranty? (3.6k for the panel and 200 warranty)

They stand there and swear blue in the face that the set cost them 3.5 and im robbing them at that price... then other stores wont give out prices over the phone, they want me to come in for some sales greasing. If it was only a hundred bucks then i wouldnt worry, but the price difference is $5-600 odd... which would be a nice new DVD player or playstation to go with it.

How do you guys even get remotely close to this price?TH-50PZ700A - $3180 Including 5 Warranty & Delivery

TIA

ps. dissonance at live dot com dot au if someone would like to email me a reciept to use as leverage.

JBHiFi in Midland (Perth) did a price of $2600 over the phone, maybe $2500 in person. Wont match the $2086 reciept from ClivePeters in NSW (says its fake) lol.

Does anyone know where i can get a copy of a reciept for the TH-42PZ700A under $2600 in perth?

Its $2699 advertised at GoodGuys

got my 50" PX70A yesterday, spent all night til 1am playing around with it and setting up all the inputs....

the default settings are all dynamic and contrast set to 100%!!! silly buggers !!!

it's for the bedroom and it's HHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

...and here was me thinking a 50" it might be a tad over the top for the family room??!!

Respect!

...and here was me thinking a 50" it might be a tad over the top for the family room??!!

Respect!

hahahahah... i lovvvve it!!!

oh, and i really like the new sized remote controls too, lighter and smaller that the PX6 series ones..easier to use too

Just back from IT show. Price for these pannys there.

50PV70H: 3199 for the first 5 sets. reverts back to 3499 after that. $100 taka voucher. 5yrs warranty from Best Denki (3 with Panny, last 2 with BD)

50PY700H: 5799 again for the 1st 5 sets, after which it reverts back to 6999. $300 ntuc/taka/shell vouchers + Draco HD set top box + indoor antenna Same 5 yrs warranty as above. extra 2% off if you pay FULL amount via UOB CC.

Got one on monday, Cosmos Electrical in Adelaide for $1800. Awesome can't beat it for the price!

Who/where are they. I've just moved to adelaide and I cannot find them in the yellow pages or online.

Also do you know how much their extended warranty is?

I bought for my in laws a 50PX70A for $1900 including 4 years extended warranty thrown in valued at $299, which brings the value of the 50PX70A down to $1600 from JB at Castle Hill .

My outlaws were happy to say the least.

I would have bought one for my self , but i got a 42 Pana a few years ago,and my wife wouldn't listen to reason.

Hi Lostdog

This is a superb deal ... well done.

Could I pls get a copy of this receipt to andrewpaulfleming at gmail.com

Thanks

Andrew

I would appreciate a copy of your receipt sent to... ilumby at optusnet.com.au

Thx in anticipation.

Hi Kylemcd, would it be too much trouble to ask if you could send me a soft copy of your invoice to fredchan_au@yahoo.com.au?

Here you go folks: TH-50PZ700A Myer receipt for $3044

The reference to 'void' is because they accidentally double-processed my credit card and then voided one of the transactions!

Just back from IT show. Price for these pannys there.

50PV70H: 3199 for the first 5 sets. reverts back to 3499 after that. $100 taka voucher. 5yrs warranty from Best Denki (3 with Panny, last 2 with BD)

50PY700H: 5799 again for the 1st 5 sets, after which it reverts back to 6999. $300 ntuc/taka/shell vouchers + Draco HD set top box + indoor antenna Same 5 yrs warranty as above. extra 2% off if you pay FULL amount via UOB CC.

Think for the 50PV70H ...some shop is selling at S$2999 if I did not remeber wrongly.

Hi all, am fairly new to this forum and am just after a few answers from those who have Panasonic plasmas. I have decided that I want to go with a 50" Panasonic plasma but am still tossing up between the TH-50PZ700A and TH-50PX70A. Now, as I understand it the main difference between the 2 is that the PZ700A is 1080p, 3x HDMI input compared to 2, contrast ratio is 1:5000 compared to 1:10000 on the 50PX70A, 4 speakers rated at 31W compared to 2 speakers @ 20W, the SD card reader and that was basically it.

Ive seen some people getting the 50PZ700A down to around the $3044 mark and on the other hand the lowest ive seen the 50PX70A going for is around the $1725 mark.

For those of you who have seen both of these TV's operating or even own either of these, is the 50PZ700A worth the extra $1300 for those extra features I outlined above.

Also bearing in mind that I will be watching mainly free to air tv through the set built in HD tuner, possibly looking to get a PS3 eventually and maybe FoxtelHD when it eventually comes out. The card reader is no big issue seeing as my olympus uses xD. Also, I am not that familiar with the whole contrast ratio concept and therefore will there be much difference between the two TV's in this respect?

Thanks to anyone who can help out here

Picked up the TH-42PZ700A at GoodGuys midland (perth) for $2400. I could have gone lower since he didnt even check his computer, he just said yes if i take it now.

JBHiFI was feeding me bullshit about $2600 is below cost and there losing money. What tossers

Picked up the TH-42PZ700A at GoodGuys midland (perth) for $2400. I could have gone lower since he didnt even check his computer, he just said yes if i take it now.

JBHiFI was feeding me bullshit about $2600 is below cost and there losing money. What tossers

$2600 being below cost is BS as my local Retravision had it ticketed at $2499 in late Jan/early Feb.

Hi all, am fairly new to this forum and am just after a few answers from those who have Panasonic plasmas. I have decided that I want to go with a 50" Panasonic plasma but am still tossing up between the TH-50PZ700A and TH-50PX70A. Now, as I understand it the main difference between the 2 is that the PZ700A is 1080p, 3x HDMI input compared to 2, contrast ratio is 1:5000 compared to 1:10000 on the 50PX70A, 4 speakers rated at 31W compared to 2 speakers @ 20W, the SD card reader and that was basically it.

Ive seen some people getting the 50PZ700A down to around the $3044 mark and on the other hand the lowest ive seen the 50PX70A going for is around the $1725 mark.

For those of you who have seen both of these TV's operating or even own either of these, is the 50PZ700A worth the extra $1300 for those extra features I outlined above.

Also bearing in mind that I will be watching mainly free to air tv through the set built in HD tuner, possibly looking to get a PS3 eventually and maybe FoxtelHD when it eventually comes out. The card reader is no big issue seeing as my olympus uses xD. Also, I am not that familiar with the whole contrast ratio concept and therefore will there be much difference between the two TV's in this respect?

Thanks to anyone who can help out here

The world's best HDTV just got better.The Pioneer is being had for around $3000 ,5 year warranty ,free installation with wall bracket or table stand ,couple of links that may help you. http://apcmag.com/7330/the_worlds_best_hdtv_just_got_better http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/0,239035260,230...c-1r-10s,00.htm

Receipt sent to everyone that requested. If i missed anyone please PM me instead of posting, too many pages to go thru!

Good luck guys!

p.s Also purchased a Healing HT890 HD STB yesterday, works very well even using an indoor antenna from Atwell, WA.

Got one on monday, Cosmos Electrical in Adelaide for $1800. Awesome can't beat it for the price!

I got my Panasonic TH-50PX70A delivered to me. Excellent picture quality. Can't be happier than that.

Bought from webprice.com.au for $1795. Now it is $1895

Whereas startrackexpress.com.au delivered the 50+kg tv with only one truck driver. He asked help from whoever waiting at home for delivery. That is dangerous and bad service. :angry::angry::angry:

Rang start track express twice, they said it the responsibility of webprice and the consumer. I suggest whoever going to buy big tv, get away from start track express.

Just a quick one. Anyone know if you are able to purchase an extended warranty through Panasonic directly?

The reason being is that I think I will have more luck negotiating on the price of the panel itself but the warranty figures vary heaps between retailers and I won't really be able to move on those.

EDIT:

Just called them. $600 for 2yrs $1000 for 4yr extended warranty LOL. Never mind in that case.

Edited by addas

The world's best HDTV just got better.The Pioneer is being had for around $3000 ,5 year warranty ,free installation with wall bracket or table stand ,couple of links that may help you. http://apcmag.com/7330/the_worlds_best_hdtv_just_got_better http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/0,239035260,230...c-1r-10s,00.htm

So with the Pioneer model having a resolution of 1365 x 768 is it worth another $1250 on top of the Panasonic 50px70a which has the same resolution?

Guest rjohnson
I bought for my in laws a 50PX70A for $1900 including 4 years extended warranty thrown in valued at $299, which brings the value of the 50PX70A down to $1600 from JB at Castle Hill .

My outlaws were happy to say the least.

I would have bought one for my self , but i got a 42 Pana a few years ago,and my wife wouldn't listen to reason.

Thanks lostdog

Receipt received (?) I went into Myer at Knox last night and they said they couldn't go below their ticketed price of $2299.00. Oh well. I'll try somewhere else with the receipt this afternoon.

Cheers