Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Guest Blaircam

I got a quote as follows:

• Panasonic TH50PZ800A for a special cash or credit card price of $2,750.00.

Seems pretty good. I'm in but my only hesitation is that Panasonic might adjust its price on launch.

Hi guys

I am about to buy a 46" 800a. The best quote I recieved is from videopro - $2980 with extra 4 years and delivery on 18 months. Is this any good. Anyone got a better deal is Brisbane?

Any help would be appreiciated.

Retravision Newcastle.(50px80a)

Where is the retravision in newcastle? I remember there use to be one on hunter street but when I was looking for blu-ray players

I had a look at the retravsion site and it only gives me Belmont and Raymond Terrace so figured the newcastle one must be gone.

I am about to buy a 46" 800a. The best quote I recieved is from videopro - $2980 with extra 4 years and delivery on 18 months. Is this any good. Anyone got a better deal is Brisbane?

HN had $2800 for TV only on the price ticket today so not too bad considering the warranty + delivery is probably $300 or $400 worth

This is interesting....get the most amazing price on a TV and you may not even buy it????

As said before this is someone who has been given a verbal quote only.

As I said in my previous post I have quite a few good deals being offered so I like to shop around a little.

It looks as though i'll be purchasing the panasonic later in the week. Also managed to get a better price again. $1500 for the TH5080A including 5 years warranty and delivery.

Will post receipt when I get it. Again it might not be until the end of next week.

As I said in my previous post I have quite a few good deals being offered so I like to shop around a little.

It looks as though i'll be purchasing the panasonic later in the week. Also managed to get a better price again. $1500 for the TH5080A including 5 years warranty and delivery.

Will post receipt when I get it. Again it might not be until the end of next week.

$1500 for the TH-50PX80A with 5 years warranty and delivery sounds like an awesome price. Are you sure it's not the 42"?

$1500 for the TH-50PX80A with 5 years warranty and delivery sounds like an awesome price. Are you sure it's not the 42"?

Yes, definitely without a shadow of a doubt, I can get the 42" for $1100 including warranty and delivery

Yes, definitely without a shadow of a doubt, I can get the 42" for $1100 including warranty and delivery

At those prices I don't know how they can stay open to pay rent let alone staff wages etc :blink:

These prices are beginning to sound like a practical joke...

Are we being "had" here?

Is there some type of relationship with the store?

I'm about to go and buy the 50" 80A this weekend, and don't want to look like a fool quoting these prices...

The 50PX80A I just got my parents was $1975 with extra 3yr warranty and the 46PZ800A I got the other week was $2735 with extra 3 yrs. Not too bad for up here I spose and surprised that JB were one of the most expensive quotes.

I love the early posts in this thread that go back to 2005 when buyers are being congratulated for getting a 50" panasonic for only $5,500 !!!

The 50PX80A I just got my parents was $1975 with extra 3yr warranty and the 46PZ800A I got the other week was $2735 with extra 3 yrs. Not too bad for up here I spose and surprised that JB were one of the most expensive quotes.

Is that $2735 cash? Do you really save that much? Most places woulnt take much more than $100 off for cash. I found J.B to be the most expensive as well though. Is up here Brisbane. Could you say where you go that price?

Edited by sean25

The prices that are being quoted are not that hard to get. Go in to any store with hungry salespeople. Just KNOW what you want, be prepared to buy it now and state the price you can get it elsewhere (ie. the price you want to pay) and be prepared to walk if they can't accommodate - there's plenty of stores/competition. It's not rocket science. Just show/have a bit of confidence about yourself. Some of the posters here sound like they're scared trembling messes when confronting salespeople. In many cases, the salesperson wants your sale more than you want the TV - there's nothing to be scared about.

NB: The above method works fine in major cities. People in rural areas may not be as fortunate as far as competitive forces go.

These prices are beginning to sound like a practical joke...

Are we being "had" here?

Is there some type of relationship with the store?

I'm about to go and buy the 50" 80A this weekend, and don't want to look like a fool quoting these prices...

The best price I have been able to get on 50" 80A in Brisbane has been $1930 on 24 months interest free. I called the Good guys and JB Hi-Fi today and they both laughed at me when I asked if they can beat this price. They both advised me to buy it for $1930 as that was a bargain. I find it hard to believe some of the prices people have been getting on this thread.

The best price I have been able to get on 50" 80A in Brisbane has been $1930 on 24 months interest free. I called the Good guys and JB Hi-Fi today and they both laughed at me when I asked if they can beat this price. They both advised me to buy it for $1930 as that was a bargain. I find it hard to believe some of the prices people have been getting on this thread.

No absolutely no jokes, as was said above some stores just really need sales numbers. When I tried getting the good guys to beat it I just got laughed at over the phone so I just look elsewhere.

The best I could get off the good guys was $1980 including warranty and that was with a salesperson I regularly deal with.

No absolutely no jokes, as was said above some stores just really need sales numbers. When I tried getting the good guys to beat it I just got laughed at over the phone so I just look elsewhere.

The best I could get off the good guys was $1980 including warranty and that was with a salesperson I regularly deal with.

I am new to this forum, and I had 'almost' decided on the Panasonic 42" 8A. But then I see NetGX says he/she can get a 50" 80A for $1500 with 5 year warranty & delivery!!!

Is that price for real? :mellow:

Which store?

Can I go around the stores in Perth asking for that price & realistically expect to get it? I know the stores can only say no, but I dont want to waste time tyring to get an unachievable price.

I have heard about more TV deals in August because of the Olympics PLUS the economy is slowing anyway. If they won't drop their prices we can walk away, time is on our side I guess.

:)

Also managed to get a better price again. $1500 for the TH5080A including 5 years warranty and delivery.

That is an unbelievable price, well done! I just hope you are still willing to post a receipt later on *fingers crossed*

The best price I have been able to get on 50" 80A in Brisbane has been $1930 on 24 months interest free. I called the Good guys and JB Hi-Fi today and they both laughed at me when I asked if they can beat this price. They both advised me to buy it for $1930 as that was a bargain.

Dont worry, I have been laughed at a few times aswell and also told to "buy it at the other store if you can get it for that price". All it means is they are calling your bluff because they think you are "squeezing" them with made up figures. The best part is when you do get a better deal it makes them look silly.

hardly normal are doing the '1000 days interest free' thing at the moment so I went in to see what they are offering.

At Auburn they are offering the 42" 800a for $2295 and the 46" 800a for just under $3k

1000 days brings you to April 2011, which works out at ~$70 a month for the 42" vs $90 a month for the 46".

Is the 46" worth the extra $$$ ???

:huh:

Has anyone bought a Panasonic from Dick Smiths recently?

Just wondered if you could haggle a better price if you didn't want the free TomTom GPS System or the Surge Protector they are giving away.

I love the early posts in this thread that go back to 2005 when buyers are being congratulated for getting a 50" panasonic for only $5,500 !!!

Hey....I was one of those that picked mine up for $4100 and what a good deal that was at the time :lol:

It was the right price for me to jump in

Well if you can get it for that price then good on you, but IMO that is a very low price right now (it will probably be the norm near Xmas time) and it must be said that if other posters are looking for a repeat they may surely be disappointed.
Is the 46" worth the extra $$$ ???

:huh:

Bigger is better IMO, but it will be what suits your needs and the room it's going to be in. Edited by diesel

Guest Blaircam

So, I'm going to put down the deposit on my TH50PZ800A tomorrow. Getting it for $2750 and will negotiate on extended warranty then.

Does anyone know when it will actually be available?

Guest unlimited
So, I'm going to put down the deposit on my TH50PZ800A tomorrow. Getting it for $2750 and will negotiate on extended warranty then.

Does anyone know when it will actually be available?

I'm in Perth after a 50" 800a as well. Which store did you get that price from?

The prices that are being quoted are not that hard to get. Go in to any store with hungry salespeople. Just KNOW what you want, be prepared to buy it now and state the price you can get it elsewhere (ie. the price you want to pay) and be prepared to walk if they can't accommodate - there's plenty of stores/competition. It's not rocket science. Just show/have a bit of confidence about yourself. Some of the posters here sound like they're scared trembling messes when confronting salespeople. In many cases, the salesperson wants your sale more than you want the TV - there's nothing to be scared about.

NB: The above method works fine in major cities. People in rural areas may not be as fortunate as far as competitive forces go.

You telling me to get the 80A for $1500 including 5yrs warranty (@$400) and delivery/courier (@$50)

is not hard to get!!!!

Still think that price is a joke and something is going on with this poster.

Retailers are NOT going to sell anything without making some profit even if it is $50.

At $1500 it could be from a seconds outlet with the warranty having all sorts of limits and delivery

by one of the salesreps in the back of the ute!!!

Plus to go from $1600 down to $1500 in a couple of days for the hell of it just adds to the skepticism!

Hell i went to my local retailer that I have purchased $1000's worth of gear and are loyal to them but they could NOT

do better than what I could get it for (plus not having it in stock didn't help!).

Friends & family know how much I haggle and if I can't get the price down I doubt anyone but the manager would get a better price.

So $1500!!! yeh BS I think. :D:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P