Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

I think the PX70 doesnt have the anti-glare coating. Its on the PX700 I beleive.

In my opinion and that of some other reviewers, this time around the basic model PX70 is better aesthetically than the supeior model PX700.

I also dont know what benefits the PX700 will have over the 70, besides better speakers, SD card slot, PIP and some other tweaks they're the same.

at $3849 RRP that seems good to. So hopefully sub $3k street prices real soon.

I suppose if you dont have a home theatre, ie receiver, you might want to wait for the better sound of the PX700. As for the PIP, card slot etc, those features can be had on certain STB's. Then again with the inbuilt tuner STB's arent necessary unless you want to be able to record in digital.

Guest arcticfire

Hey just wondering - if anyone know's if the new 50inch panal is made in Japan or in China.

Is this an issue ?

someone mentioned that the previous models made in china were inferior to the ones made in japan as far as the cabinet is concerned -; I'm told the picture quality was the same.

cheers

Hey just wondering - if anyone know's if the new 50inch panal is made in Japan or in China.

Some were made in China, some were in Japan. I think someone said that the 600 or paybe the PX were Japan and the rest of the recent ones were Chine but I don't know exactly.

Guest adam7
What is minus 1 for?

I would have to say its for the silver edging.

i would prefer all black like the new range.

Anyway awesome display, pretty lame excuse for 9/10 but thats the way it goes.

Does anyone have a receipt for the px600 for $2500 from HN or anywhere else for that matter? If so please PM me and I will send my email address. I can get one of these for the above price if I can produce the receipt. Thanks

Guest arcticfire

does anyone know how much the tv cabinets are going for now - for the px 600 - have they droped in price as well?

Cheers

does anyone know how much the tv cabinets are going for now - for the px 600 - have they droped in price as well?

I think people were picking these up with the TV for around $500, but that was 2-3 months ago.

New models are now on the Website...

http://panasonic.com.au/products/category.cfm?objectID=46

Brazzwald

Isn't this a bit dishonest advertizing??

"Viera TH-50PX600A 50 inch (127cm) Plasma IDTV (HD) [Model No: TH-50PX600A]

RRP: $4,399 [GST Inc.]

IDTV - (Integrated Digital TV) Built-in DVB-T HD/SD Digital TV Tuner and also a Analogue PAL Tuner

9th Generation High Definition Plasma Planel. With 1080p Digital Processing Chipset, 1080p Digital Re-Mastering Processor.

High Definition Panel (1366x768p) with 28.9 Billion viewable colours, 10,000:1 Contrast Ratio and 3072 steps of Gradation.

'Viera Link' delivers easy operation by integrating your components using HDMI cables.

"With 1080p Digital Processing Chipset, 1080p Digital Re-Mastering Processor." It's a 720P panel not a 1080P panel. How many buyers are going to assume it's a 1080P TV?? Bit like the advertizing here in NZ with "HD ready" but only has a 480P panel..

For this reason I won't buy a Panasonic large screen TV added to this that Panasonic NZ charges twice the Ozz price for their sets..

Isn't this a bit dishonest advertizing??

"Viera TH-50PX600A 50 inch (127cm) Plasma IDTV (HD) [Model No: TH-50PX600A]

"With 1080p Digital Processing Chipset, 1080p Digital Re-Mastering Processor." It's a 720P panel not a 1080P panel. How many buyers are going to assume it's a 1080P TV?? Bit like the advertizing here in NZ with "HD ready" but only has a 480P panel..

For this reason I won't buy a Panasonic large screen TV added to this that Panasonic NZ charges twice the Ozz price for their sets..

What's dishonest about it? The 2006 models had the same specs re the 1080p processing and re-mastering. It didnt seem to cause any confusion then. It merely states that it has processing in an attempt to retain the signal as high quality as possible and as close to 1080p as possible. It is still a semi HD panel. Panels largely differ between the way they scale their source material. So Panasonic claim this innovation sets their semi HD panels apart from the competition. From what people on here say, it certainly does a good job at that.

I see your point though, a person thats not clued up so much with TV technology could mistake this model as a 1080p (Full HD).

Couldnt agree with you more on that one. I find it funny when you look at the progression of TV's etc over the last few years. The huge debate was over SD vs HD, now its HD vs (full) HD.

Supposedly theyre going to eventually get above 1080p, I dont see it happening really as so much equipment would have to be changed. But anyway alot of it is all hype and clever marketing to get people to keep buying the next best thing.