SGR Audio Owners & Discussion Thread

congrats on the purchase Alan

they are a mighty fine looking and sounding speaker.

I have been contemplating downgrading to them for the more elegant and timber finish look for the new room

looking forward to some pictures

I have been contemplating downgrading to them for the more elegant and timber finish look for the new room

wow, didn't see that coming. If you do go that way it will be a massive endorsement for the CX4F! I guess you will be hoping to organise a home audition? If so, I will be very much looking forward to reading your thoughts.

+!

Which controls did you tinker with?

Isn't it great having some control over the in room response :confused:

Drizt, the sound was initially not well integrated when sitting in the usual listening position. At mid volume the bass was good, but mids lacking. At higher volumes the mids were more distinct, but were shouting at you. However, I noticed the music was much more cohesive sounding at the long end of the room - some 10 meters away!

Simply adjusting the bass EQ filters made a huge difference. The ability to make this adjustment has sold me on active set ups.

Aaron, Geoff and JohnA - thanks for your comments.

Geoff, you were obviously in early on the CX4 product, mine are # 28.

Catostylus, I think they are well worth an audition. It was easier for me to justify the outlay when I also needed an amp upgrade.

Pictures will be a little while away. Need to put TV on wall, design and build entertainment unit ...

Did you get to see/hear the musickube in action?

No I have not heard the MusicKube, as it was not available at the time. It will contain some MSB components, so I had to make do with these and extrapolate!

I believe Stuart had set himself a deadline of the Australian HiFi and AV show for the launch.

I have not got any more recent updates than this.

G'day,

Congrats and enjoy. I also have CX4Fs ... serial number #001 in fact.

--Geoff

Hey Goony,I'm presently on Assignment in Tucson and popping up to RMAF next month--are you thinking about attending?--I've been before and know the ropes--just asking.

Willco

G'day,

Hey Goony,I'm presently on Assignment in Tucson and popping up to RMAF next month--are you thinking about attending?--I've been before and know the ropes--just asking.

No desire to join the Royal Malaysian Air Force ... nor head to Tucson, for that matter. It's a bit of a drive from here (13 hours), and I've got me SGR CX4F speakers and ME15 pre-amp, so there's not much I'd be interested in.

--Geoff

G'day,

No desire to join the Royal Malaysian Air Force ... nor head to Tucson, for that matter. It's a bit of a drive from here (13 hours), and I've got me SGR CX4F speakers and ME15 pre-amp, so there's not much I'd be interested in.

--Geoff

Yoh G, Over and out Good listening--can you play loud in the Mormon Seminary?:confused:

Will

congrats on the purchase Alan

they are a mighty fine looking and sounding speaker.

wow, didn't see that coming. If you do go that way it will be a massive endorsement for the CX4F! I guess you will be hoping to organise a home audition? If so, I will be very much looking forward to reading your thoughts.

+!

wow, seems like the CX4F's might be on JohnA's radar after all -> http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/showthread.php/39347-FS-SGR-Octagon-active-speaker-system

If so, that is a big endorsement for the CX4F's !

If you think a kit would/could come close to a CX4F then I suggest you pay a visit to the SGR house and factory and see the detail, finish and plain old mass of the cabinets! I reckon the cabinets alone would weigh in at about 30 Kg each.

I'm a pretty fair woodworker, and I'm sure I couldn't come close to putting together a cabinet like the SGR's if it was pre-cut--and I sure couldn't cut it to the standards they insist upon.

Greg