Duntech Pricess Tweeter D28/2 Dynaudio

I did come across a place on the net that that will send you a replacement tweeter but you have to send your dead tweeter to them.
I will try to find them again, prices seem reasonable.

I think I saw that too. Germany?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Sat Jun 10 2017 at 7:43 PM, unclemack said:

Dynaudio BM10 monitors...

Cheers

M

Looks like the bottom of tweeter is cut off on BM10 to make way for woofer??

Or am i looking at wrong model?

Any replacements for D28/2 ?

Does anyone know if D28/2 will sound different to D28? And in what way?

The bottom cut out does not affect the mounting and you wont see it behind the felt pad. I think your current tweeters will be a closer match than any other replacement. hold out for d28/2's if you want something more authentic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frednork said:

The bottom cut out does not affect the mounting and you wont see it behind the felt pad. I think your current tweeters will be a closer match than any other replacement. hold out for d28/2's if you want something more authentic.

If I recall correctly the tweeter on the BM10 does not have a cut-out, the bass-mid is surface mounted over the bottom of the tweeter face.

Edited by Weka
  • Like 1

Just looking at the specs between the two tweeters (D28/2 & Eton) they are obviously not the same. While things could be worse, sensitivity, dispersion, and impedance vary, amongst other things. Changing the tweeters for other models will negate a lot of the hard work that Duntech did to get frequency response, power response etc correct.

They may be worth using as a stop gap until original tweeters can be found, but they are not a direct, equivalent replacement.

Mounting holes are different although faceplates are nearly the same diameter.

Regards,

SS

• Like 1

New info says i can use D28 AF or D28/2 or D260 tweeters.

I impulse bought these (D260) hope they are ok..... opinions welcome.
Does anyone think the dents in dust caps will be audible?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dynaudio-Esotec-D260-soft-dome-tweeter-8-ohms-original-Made-in-Denmark-1-pair-A1-/201954160904?nma=true&si=MPV2OmgxKBxljmbpUmgGCxNDV0Y%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I used a few D260's in my speaker building days and rate it's performance as second only to the Esotar within the Dynaudio range. I you carefully disassemble the tweeter you should be able to push out those dimples from the other side of the diaphragm.

Edited by Weka
  • Like 1

The D260 would definitely be worth a try, on paper at least. While they are not the original part, the specs are far closer to the original than the Eton.

I'd still pick up a pair of the originals though, if you ever happened across some, as that is what they were designed with.

Regards,

SS

IMG_5958.JPG

IMG_5959.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The originals are called D28/2 H - for horn loaded though perhaps you can get away with taking the horn faceplate off the H model and applying it to the new non-h replacement. If I wanted a D28/2 or D260 variant I'd be looking at spares for the BM5A, BM6A, BM5AII and BM6AII... those are usually available as spares as the pro guys are usually blowing them up one way or another. 8)

• Like 1

I have a pair of Esotec D260s with slight dimpling in the domes -very similar to those pictured.As far as I can tell there is no adverse effect on the sound.Mine are in Countour 1.3 k 2.

They have resisted all attempts to push or suck them out completely.

What is really annoying is that Dynaudio refuse to sell replacement diaphragms so you have to buy replacement tweeters at $339 each!

• Like 1

I have found all the bits i need thanks you all for your help.

Any comments on the best place to get the mid drivers re-cone / repaired ?
I am in VIC.
I found a place online that has been very helpful in emails, although i just noticed they seem to have some bad reviews online, this has me a little concerned.
Any comments or advice would be much appreciated.
Regards Rob