Item: PRICE DROP RELIST QUASIMODO INTEGRATED AMP
Price:
 $800  $750 $700 $680 ono
Item Condition: VERY GOOD
Reason for selling: FUNDING UPGRADE
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal 
+ fee, COD, + shipping
Extra Info:

This is my beloved Quasimodo Integrated Amp. Richard McDonald described as a high gain power amp with volume control.

In any event it functions as both.

This was built in the last 12 months by the legendary Richard McDonald whose minimalist tagstrip design is really something

to behold when you listen to the result that is achieved.

These amps very rarely if ever come on to the for sale forums and its easy to see why once you own one.

This is a regrettable sale but my path down the active route with my big Tympani 1Ds requires me to source amps which have unconditional 

stability into 2 ohm loads.

This Quasimodo easily drove my maggies which normally presents a 4 ohm  load.

According to Richard this amp is conservatively rated at 40 wpc into 8 ohms and almost doubles down to 75 wpc into 4 ohms.

This is an Australian made amp which punches well above its weight and believe me I have been in Bill McLeans shop and heard

some pretty incredible gear.

If I was not going down the active path this and the other amps I am selling would not be getting sold.

Happy to audition this and the other amps driving a pair of Magnepan IIIAs which like other maggies regularly dip down below 2 ohms in transient states.

I have taken photos outside to lay bear the condition of the amp. There is a light mark on the top panel in the bottom right hand corner which is negligible.

PLEASE NOTE that this amp has been UPGRADED to the latest spec. This was done with the assistance and consultation of Richard McDonald himself.

Pictures:

20170429_110035.jpg

20170429_110308.jpg

20170429_110321.jpg

20170429_110941.jpg

I can't believe this hasn't sold yet! Loving my (recently upgraded to latest spec) Quasi mini 20w. Realised again how 'right' it sounds (to me anyway), especially guitar, after seeing Bill Frisell at the Recital Centre last Friday night.

• Like 1

Hi nudefish 11,

At the moment sale pending. If that changes I will let you know.

No issue in sending to Adelaide as currently prospective buyer is in WA.

Thankyou for the kind remarks and interest guys.

Cheers Ozzie

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk