Ghost in the shell

Scarlett johansson wears a body suit 

saw this last night,  normal not 3d

as a big fan of the original (although I haven't watched. It for a while)  I enjoyed this alot

from memory it's see,s to be a pretty faithful retellling 

scenes and cinema photography are very good - very blade runner plus plus, but it seems well done and nicely integrated rather than some flashy in your face. 

acting is good , tho it is predominately SJ movie , with handy support, tho apart from Juliet binochet i did really recognise many of the other actors. It's not a over blown Hollywood production for that I'm grateful. 

Fx are for the most good, again not overdone , tho oddly there does seem to be the odd bits which look obviously cgi. 

You don't have to have seen the original which now 22 years old to watch this movie. 

Soundtrack is suitably good too , traditional Japanese , pounding bass and similar to the last Tron music.

Good stuff 4.25 stars 

did I mention SJ in a body suit 

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

must see for those who like blade runner type movies, I fully agree with Dave's comment in first post, can't think of anything I could criticize, this goes into my sci-fi library...easily :)

hollywood gits wasn't too bad as far as us remakes go.

faithful to the original except in how deeply it explores the central question - what it is to be human.

this new film takes a shallower approach - who am i.

it will do until the real blade runner is released.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, michaelw said:

hollywood gits wasn't too bad as far as us remakes go.

faithful to the original except in how deeply it explores the central question - what it is to be human.

this new film takes a shallower approach - who am i.

it will do until the real blade runner is released.

Don't go jinxing Blade Runner 2049, it could be crap

• Like 1

22 hours ago, blybo said:

Don't go jinxing Blade Runner 2049, it could be crap

it well be if arrival was any indication of director denis villeneuve's "talent"

:P

Edited by michaelw
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

I liked arrival? 

~

same here, does the mean i will like ghost in shell ?

I used to find the sbs run episodes years ago a bit on the odd side. 

ill wait for it on uhd :)

I think you would and I think you would enjoy it on the big screen 

I think the episodes you are referring to are Stand Alone Complex, which put more story and political manoeuvring into the story. 

GITS is more straight forward 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

I think you would and I think you would enjoy it on the big screen 

I think the episodes you are referring to are Stand Alone Complex, which put more story and political manoeuvring into the story. 

GITS is more straight forward 

my memory is fading was their a prior movie in the style of ghost in shell. also starring a blonde bombshell ? I'm sure I remember watching something on blu-ray actually was it angelina in it ?

12 minutes ago, :) al said:

my memory is fading was their a prior movie in the style of ghost in shell. also starring a blonde bombshell ? I'm sure I remember watching something on blu-ray actually was it angelina in it ?

Are you thinking of Aeon Flux , an early charlize theron movie ? 

• Like 1

Saw this today.  I liked it.  Admittedly I'm a GITS fan from the anime, I've never read the manga.  Interesting how they have kept some scenes pretty much directly from the anime, but others are the same, but different.  

Wasn't a huge fan of the music though, much prefer the music in the anime.  Fair chance I'll get the blu-ray when it comes out though ha.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2017 at 2:12 PM, cafe67 said:

Are you thinking of Aeon Flux , an early charlize theron movie ? 

Now there was a pretty to look at movie and lead, that was a crap movie overall . Hope GITS proves to be more thought provoking 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wife and I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. 

Plot - check

Character development - check

Sound track - check

Settings - check

There was so much detail - from the adverts, building designs, augmentation, vehicles...

Takeshi Kitano is such a force.  He takes hard to another level.  I could not fault any of the actors or scenes.  GITS was a refreshing change from the latest batch of movies I've seen.

I'll definitely be watching this a couple more times.  There was too much detail for me to process in one sitting. :thumb:

• Like 2