Aurealis vs Audio Principe interconnects

Looking for some members findings in regard to Aurealis interconnects and Audio Principe interconnects particularly-speaker cable comments could be handy too. I know this is somewhat a general question as there are significant differences with both manufacturers in the designs they both make eg, copper, silver, hybrid, stranded, solid etc, shielded, unshielded etc., so these variations need to be put in perspective with any comparisons

Both manufacturers are great guys to deal with and seem very passionate about what they do and their customer care seems impecible, so both should be supported wherever possible in my mind. I understand both (?) will send cables to trial which can be really handy

I have been looking quite a bit at both manufacturers and trying to read up as much as I can from users of either. I have also just picked up a speaker cable from each to start to play with. One of the considerations I see is that Aurealis cables are generally a bit more expensive but are arguably more complex in design with more expensive components than Audio Principe. Does this play a significant part in the performance?

• Like 1

@aertex

Great topic aertex, I will be very interested in the results. I will be in the market in the next couple of months for some new speaker cables, and both brands, together with Cameron at Krispy, will be in my considerations. From a comparison perspective, unfortunately I only have Aurealis balanced interconnects, Audio Principe power cables, and Krispy speaker cables. Any comparison using my cables will be next to useless. However, based on what I have, I would say Aurealis and Krispy are ahead of Audio Principe on build and parts quality.

I made up a pair of the RG213  speaker cables last weekend. They need to be run in, buy once they are, a big WOW factor in my system. I have heard they are system dependent but for the money, not a gamble.My Reference is Flatline Biwire in stereo form.The cables your talking about, no idea mate.

19 minutes ago, aertex said:

One of the considerations I see is that Aurealis cables are generally a bit more expensive but are arguably more complex in design with more expensive components than Audio Principe. Does this play a significant part in the performance?

"Significant"? No.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for these comments. There is obviously some interest from some of the SNA guys out there. I realise Aurealis, Audio Principe and Krispy are quite well supported which is very pleasing to see. Its nice to know there are local cable suppliers of merit who dont over complicate things.....well mostly :unsure:

I certainly dont want a comparison based on winners and losers as it is fair to say there might be different target markets for each

Bloody hell Spyne, I am so glad you chimed in but that avatar of your seriously leaves me disturbed..every time I see it. I even scroll the screen to hide it on the screen whenever I can. It is so bloody violent :(. ever thought of an alternative??? errr sorry about that

Edited by aertex

1 hour ago, aertex said:

Bloody hell Spyne, I am so glad you chimed in but that avatar of your seriously leaves me disturbed..every time I see it. I even scroll the screen to hide it on the screen whenever I can. It is so bloody violent :(. ever thought of an alternative??? errr sorry about that

Glad you like it :)

Haha, I have thought about changing it...I'm a little less active on the forums these days sot he urge to mash my head into the keyboard is less frequently encountered lately :)

Maybe something peaceful like a cuddly panda?

• Like 1

Spyne maaaaate...good stuff. Maybe The Panda distracted your thoughts somewhat..but no more screen scroll needed for me:partyI am lov'in the computer/spaceship/destroy the palnet shite much better

Now where were we...ah??......cables..thats right. I digressed

I've owned Audio Principe speaker cables, interconnects, SPDIF cables (which I still own!) and a range of Aurealis interconnects. Sadly, I haven't owned the AP and Aurealis interconnects at the same time.

Not having heard the Aurealis speaker cables, I recall the AP braided silver-plated copper speaker cables to be fantastic bang for buck.

I do, however, believe that the Aurealis interconnects are more refined and offer greater clarity, but the AP interconnects are the more affordable of the two. Perhaps the Aurealis cables benefit from better quality RCA connectors, and higher purity wire.

I still remember when I heard the R1 Dragon vs my own DIY solid core silver efforts (which I felt compared well to the other Aurealis cables that I'd heard up to that point)... game over, R1 Dragons purchased on the spot! :)

• Like 4

I have Aurealis Rg3 Silver RCA Interconnects, they are top of his line and retail around $340 mtr. pr. & A P RCA interconnects that retail for $69. Understandably the Aurealis are a big step up in sound quality over the AP. Aurealis cater more towards mid, upper range whereas AP cater more to the budget-mid level. Both Geoff & Peter give exceptional service. I have borrowed my mates AP Speaker Cables they sound similar (virtually the same) to a number of my Speaker Cables,at slightly more, less or same cost, not surprising as once I get past basic Speaker Cable I hear little to no difference in the many Speaker Cables I've tried. Unlike Interconnects and Power Cables where it is easy to hear differences.

So recommend either supplier for Interconnects, dependant on budget and level you require. Speaker cables I'll leave recommendations to others.

Edited by initforthemusic
typo.

I'd say my hifi would be entry level/mid

I'm very happy with my Audio Principe cables

Have tried the previous range of Aurealis cables but couldn't hear any audible difference, so I stuck with the AP cables, which are much more affordable

Peter Graves was a pure gentleman to deal with

Edited by bvuka2013
  • Like 1

On 23/03/2017 at 3:11 PM, ~Spyne~ said:

Glad you like it :)

Haha, I have thought about changing it...I'm a little less active on the forums these days sot he urge to mash my head into the keyboard is less frequently encountered lately :)

Maybe something peaceful like a cuddly panda?

No, bring back the smashing head on keyboard. It was farking brilliant. I miss it :wacko:

I have tried both extensively.

I used AP cables for several years and it is amazing value for money, made by a really nice bloke and is always available for trial.

The same can be said for Aurealis cables and Geoff would be one of the very best people I have ever dealt with. Aurealis cables are definitely better though and are commensurately priced somewhat higher but IMO it is well worth the extra spend, particularly the new Litz dragon IC and speaker cables.

They are a true revelation and are better than many cables with 4 figure price tags.

Edit: @-Spyne-

I like the new avatar ,the old one was disturbing

Edited by rantan
  • Like 5

Some interesting comments here and all taken on board. I have ended up in recnet week with some Aurealis ic and speaker cable and AP speaker cable...and somw JW Audio i/c and speaker cable. Have started tohave a listen to the AP and Aurealis first and seeking to firm up some thoughts before I put thenm down here. Generally all quite positive so far and although different, compete with the Ear Science cables I have been using quite sucessfully for many years. I will post my thoughts as they emerge.

Alan

Some interesting comments here and all taken on board. I have ended up in recnet week with some Aurealis ic and speaker cable and AP speaker cable...and somw JW Audio i/c and speaker cable. Have started tohave a listen to the AP and Aurealis first and seeking to firm up some thoughts before I put thenm down here. Generally all quite positive so far and although different, compete with the Ear Science cables I have been using quite sucessfully for many years. I will post my thoughts as they emerge.
Alan

Look forward to your findings...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 1:02 AM, aertex said:

I expect to post some thougths this weekend after having clocked up just a bit of playing time

Any thoughts on the two speaker cables as of yet?

was playing last night but will have a more complete picture tonight-will post thoughts late tonight...relative to east coast

I was hoping to get more input from others but happy to post what I come up with from my end

Alan

Edited by aertex

Ive been using the AP Teflon/Silver plated speaker cables for the last two years. I have found these to be a great all round cable with a clear and open sound. But am also interested in the latest Aurealis speaker cables so looking forward to your review:)