New Apprentice to the Darkside from Digital

Some progress were made.... 

I've pick up the Accuphase AC-5, this is truly gobsmacked.... such a beautiful tonality and yet does not seem to compromise precision/resolutions/timing/dynamic.. but made them better! 

With the addition Oyaide weight..., it appears BASS is better still! One must had the fault perception of "Japanese ****!"!! To me, they are very thorough and put every attention to details...! Super packaging simply for a record weight!! Have I mentioned the AC-5 packaging? 

Anyway..., now with the proper setting up (Thanks to @Tasso), this Denon TT, and the right Cartridge.., OMG..., it sounds pretty amazing! I was looking into a Kronos full Sparta and was about to bite the bullet..., not anymore it seems! :party

IMG_5705.JPG

IMG_5706.JPG

IMG_5707.JPG

IMG_5726.JPG

IMG_5727.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

IMG_5734.JPG

• Like 2

On 26/03/2017 at 0:08 PM, Chanh said:

Many thanks Gents! 

I have narrowed down to two most affordable ones, apparently it can cost up to $400 each!! :(

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272586592566 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162315193537 

Any other recommendations would be great! 

Btw - I found the Denon DL-103 a little bit bland to my taste. Had previously tried the koetsu cart with Consonance and liked the tonality of this cart much! Others recommended the Lyra, which is $7k to $9k..., :emot-bang:. Rocky500 in the above said Dynavector, which is more affordable, I guess?! So many choices..., and I thought Digital was complicated enough?!! :sarc:

You found the DL103 @ $300 a little bland? You much prefer the Koetsu @ $7500? Surprising.........:D:P PS: Set up properly on the right arm, the DL103 is IMO far from bland......:thumb:

Edited by stevoz

2 minutes ago, stevoz said:

You found the DL103 @ $300 a little bland? You much prefer the Koetsu @ $7500? Surprising.........:D:rofl: PS: Set up properly on the right arm, the DL103 is IMO far from bland......:thumb:

No more Koetsu now! 

I am on the Accuphase AC-5.... :love

no going back for me!!! 

• Like 1

You found the DL103 @ $300 a little bland? You much prefer the Koetsu @ $7500? Surprising.........[emoji3][emoji14] PS: Set up properly on the right arm, the DL103 is IMO far from bland......:thumb:

In case you haven't guessed it by now, the new "apprentice to the dark side of digital" is a man in big hurry. Watch this space for news of a new TT.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tasso said:

In case you haven't guessed it by now, the new "apprentice to the dark side of digital" is a man in big hurry. Watch this space for news of a new TT.

I would calling it as "progress"...., instead of impatient! :D

Unfortunately - there is no Kronos Sparta coming...., afterall,  I have spent big $$$$ for the Accuphase PS-1230.... RRP in AU is $20k+. Fortunately, this spending worths every penny....! 

IMG_5662.JPG

IMG_5670.JPG

IMG_5677.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...