New Classé Amps Are Class A (Up to 25 Watts)

2 minutes ago, rocky500 said:

I wouldn't mind owning it!

Maybe they could have put some mesh and LED fan, like the modern computer cases instead of those louvers..

gmxcsvolcanoblue-zoom-01.png

011017_classe_ci_eb.jpg

haha should email into classe attn dave dauber and let us know the response :D

1 hour ago, rocky500 said:

I wouldn't mind owning them!

Maybe they could have put some mesh and LED fan, like the modern computer cases instead of those louvers..:)

Actually those extra pics posted, it looks very nice.

gmxcsvolcanoblue-zoom-01.png

011017_classe_ci_eb.jpg

LMFAO.      Rocky -  you should replace Chinese Canadian Englishmen in industrial design.   Yours is heaps better.

4 hours ago, :) al said:

am not really sure whats changed to be honest ab, I think i first heard with the classe delta pre pwr some nearly ten years ago on release with their cp700 and matching pwr and cd source. sounded sublime with some MLs. my cousin is a classe ML fan and so every now and then get to listen to the combo and it does a lot of things well even if not my own personal choice for gear.

as far as I know the delta range is no greatly differnet 10 years later just assembled and made in china. but then a lot of things these days are. the chinese made classe still sounded pretty special on some top of the line B&W 800 series I heard with more recently so must be still doing some things well. though yeah am sure its probably not for all. heck I dont own classe anything and only B&W group thing I own these days is a pair of their headphones. 

but doesnt stop me acknowledging it "sounded quite nice" so am not sure whats changed for you. maybe hear these when they do come out and let us know :)

i liked the original sound signature better. today's classe are very different to the old.

totally different philosophy.

we are talking about the 1990's. i preferred them over krell back then and that's when dan d'agostino was in his heyday.

Edited by analog brother
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

am not sure if was reported here on ces2019 news but classe are back and with the pre and mono blocs and stereo amp option as per op in this thread,

https://www.avsforum.com/classe-delta-pre-mono-stereo-demoed-ces-2019/

Classe-Delta-Mono-Amps-Best-of-CES.jpg

75530955c3be255dd758.jpg

75530955c3be253597d1.jpg

as mentioned in the article linked,

"The very first thing that was stressed is that the brand is ending any manufacturing in China. This equipment will come out of a factory in Japan. Secondly, this is hard-core gear with price points that are not for the faint of heart. The Delta Pre is priced at $9999, the Delta Mono is also $9,999 and the Delta Stereo has a $12,999 price tag."

owned by denon and marantz owners sound united, wouldnt be suprised coming out of one of their factories ....

any ways good they are back and producing this great gear again :)

wonder if they will bring back a nice integrated !  

• Like 2

On 16/02/2017 at 7:13 AM, betty boop said:

the monoblocks and said to remain in class A up to 25W.

This is very possible for a high wattage a/b amp, with this kind of fan forced chimney heatsink.

With normal external fin heat sinks, it would be almost the size of a coffee table each, as the 25w Class-A heat temperature goes up exponentially as the B wattage increases. 

Cheers George

delta-innards.jpg

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1