Melody Gardot, ORG 45rpm version

Was going to post this in the music forum but as it's about a vinyl album I thought I'd post it here.

I'm a bit of a Melody Gardot fan and have had her "My One and Only Thrill" vinyl for awhile. I heard a little while ago that a limited edition 45rpm ORG version was coming (only 2500 copies) and ordered it though Keith at Vinyleye. Picked it up Saturday and had a nice peaceful night last night having a listen.

So dropped the needle and sat back. WOW, I don't know how to describe it like all those audio reviewers, but this 45rpm version sounds open, transparent, the brushes on the snare feel like the drummer is in the room and her voice, she's standing in my lounge room and her voice is sultry, yet powerful and no amount of shrill in the higher registers that I feel the 33 version has. This is a huge upgrade in SQ 

So if you happen to like her this is a very very good upgrade, and If I come to or have a GTG I will definitely bring or play this album. Oh course if you don't like this type of music then carry on as you were

post-139206-0-91109800-1423553394_thumb.

Edited by keitha
  • Like 6

I 'D I G' early Melody Kietha ; )

Shrill 33 ?  that's a tip to not get that then.  Melody should be smoooth.  Such a limited number of 45s makes it too expensive for me.

Any sign of a vinyl version of the Live In Paris EP ?

Interesting, I thought I was just suffering from poor system setup when I noticed a certain bite in my 33 rpm pressing. Now to slip in the 45 without any of them family noticing...

Yeah I always thought it was like the speakers had a blanket on them, a little dark and not overly open. This is definitely not like that. I almost should buy another because this is going to get some use

But you were pissed.

He was at the Barossa.  Waddaya expect?  ;)

As they said about Todd Carney, be thankful he was only pissed and wasn't sh!tfaced.

Edited by ABG
  • Like 1

you would have to be to enjoy Diana Krap :D

At least Melody writes most of her songs

Had Melody and Madeleine Peyreoux along with Diana - I think 2010 - was an awesome show - whatever you think of her music she wiped the floor of the other two in terms of musical performance, ability and class act status - and the other two were very good - Diana was a class above - I'm not an avid fan but do like her music - I appreciate not everyone does - but then again I think metal is for morons :-) Edited by andythiing

Good to see Kanye and Krall are so polarising :D

I know which one is closer to genius than the other :lol:

They are both alike in their unoriginality, just at different locations on the spectrum. Neither are possessed by genius, but your mileage probably varies :P

I wonder how many people here know of Miss Gardot's' disability?

The Bedroom Sessions is like songs from a dead girl.  The songs on Worrisome Heart too are comments on her 'accident' and immediate following.

As touching as her ongoing injuries are the actual music makes it worthy.  The band is superb in the sparse support on those mentioned releases.

Edited by E.Man

Had Melody and Madeleine Peyreoux along with Diana - I think 2010 - was an awesome show - whatever you think of her music she wiped the floor of the other two in terms of musical performance, ability and class act status - and the other two were very good - Diana was a class above - I'm not an avid fan but do like her music - I appreciate not everyone does - but then again I think metal is for morons :-)

Your review says it all.     There would be 1000's of females that can play piano and sing jazz cover versions better than Krall.

BTW - you are going to get all the Metal heads upset calling them morons. :hiccup

My moniker has nothing to do with metal music, rather a song and early record label for John Foxx

• Like 1

Your review says it all.     There would be 1000's of females that can play piano and sing jazz cover versions better than Krall.

BTW - you are going to get all the Metal heads upset calling them morons. :hiccup

My moniker has nothing to do with metal music, rather a song and early record label for John Foxx

Quite possibly - but Ms Krall has the success

• Like 1