Musical Fidelity Nu Vista 800 Integrated

Fantastic writeup mate :thumb:  Very professionally written, you should be writing for the mags! You've provided a great explanation of the good points and shortcomings of the nuvista.

I was considering this amp but after owning the Devialet 200 for a while, and also listening to Mola Mola's (Ncore1200) i think i'd miss the dynamism/excitement and also epic bottom end that those 2 provide.

Thanks!  Yes, I am familiar with the Devialet 200 and I've also auditioned the Jeff Rowland CS2 integrated.  They really do have the bass nailed and furthermore offer a very black backdrop against which to appreciate the music - certainly blacker than the NuVista.   Off course the NuVista has its owns strengths and the choice really comes down to personal preference and fit with the existing system.    Out of interest what speakers are you using?   Cheers.

An extract from that review:

'The Nu-Vista 800 is a powerful, technically capable integrated amplifier that I'm sure will measure well—like all Musical Fidelity products. But instead of an assault on the state of the art designed to wring every last detail from every recording, regardless of the potentially negative consequences, the Nu-Vista 800 is more an easy-to-listen-to product aimed at the music lover.'

Having owned the original Nu Vista M3 integrated and not as yet having heard the 800, I'd be surprised if that comment wasn't spot-on.

Would love to have the $$ to be able to compare such a duo to what I have.

There's a $50 mill jackpot on Powerball this week....maybe I'll buy a ticket. The winning ticket, that is. Just imagine    $50 mill.... :) :) :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Sir Triode said:

Resale values for MF products are woeful. And there is good reason why.  

Have never tried them but I must say, there are a lot for sale around the place. Sometimes to me, this means they don't agree with a lot of people.

If in doubt, look to the obvious, and all that.

But I am being unfair in saying that because again, I haven't listened to any MF gear in my own room with my own system and my own ears.

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

Have never tried them but I must say, there are a lot for sale around the place. Sometimes to me, this means they don't agree with a lot of people.

If in doubt, look to the obvious, and all that.

But I am being unfair in saying that because again, I haven't listened to any MF gear in my own room with my own system and my own ears.

They use proprietary parts like their own custom transistors (which means you have to get them from MF if they fail) and cheap parts in their amps. e.g. Jamicon caps. 

Edited by Sir Triode
  • Like 2