Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ for just $229usd!!!!!

Just like the Fosi V3 monoblock amps I posted up.

This Topping D50III dac is a stunner with it's "objective measurements", and with volume control to go direct into the above monoblocs what a pairing, also with 10 x different filtering options, that'll keep the fiddlers happy.

Can't believe what's coming out from China these days https://tinyurl.com/275lva4q

Please post up if you get to hear one.

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

They are using the highly praised ESS stereo ES9039Q2M D/A converters "but are using 2 of them" so they double them up for even better specs. Which all the best ESS based dacs are doing these days using these ESS chips.

(like they did with more expensive D90SE and LE there goes the resale value on those) 

https://au.mouser.com/datasheet/2/1082/ES9039Q2M_Datasheet_v0_1_3-3168946.pdf

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi

Amazing and not much of an investment for someone to acquire and do some a/b comparisons with their established DAC.

Edited by Steff

7 hours ago, georgehifi said:

Just like the Fosi V3 monoblock amps I posted up.

This Topping D50III dac is a stunner with it's "objective measurements", and with volume control to go direct into the above monoblocs what a pairing, also with 10 x different filtering options, that'll keep the fiddlers happy.

Can't believe what's coming out from China these days https://tinyurl.com/275lva4q

Please post up if you get to hear one.

Cheers George

Need a warning to accompany that tiny link 😖

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 18/04/2024 at 6:17 PM, aussievintage said:

$399 in Australia at a couple of places I found

If you have some US dollars to get rid of in your Paypal or somewhere.

Look where you can get them in the US for $229usd. but you need 3rd party shipping

That's like getting one at Big-W

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Topping-D50-III-DAC-Preamplifier-LDAC-Bluetooth-5-1-Dual-ES9039Q2M-D-A-Chips-Supports-DSD512-PCM768kHz-PEQ-Adjustment-and-Remote-Control/5542214266?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101179729

But for same price of $229usd you can get it direct from Topping with free shipping.

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

Correct me if im wrong but its the 1st dac ive seen  to use USB C.    

Is that good or bad, I've only ever used aes/ebu or coax. Maybe it's a space thing, aes/ebu is a physically large connection.

like the 5v output with volume control from a low source impedance, direct to power amp connection is the way to go with this baby.

Wonder what output opamp they're using and if they socketed it for the "opamp changing fanatics" like they did on the D50.

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi

1 hour ago, georgehifi said:

Is that good or bad, I've only ever used aes/ebu or coax.

Chose your poison, there’s and good and bad points,  one bad one is reliability because of its size,  I hate to break it to people but the lightning cable from Apple is far more robust.    

1 hour ago, georgehifi said:

Wonder what output opamp they're using and if they socketed it for the "opamp changing fanatics" like they did on the D50.

Cheers George

Not sure on this one but the D50 and most of there range use the OPA 1612.    I don’t believe it’ll be socket for rolling, they never were for that.  

Edited by Addicted to music

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

I don’t believe it’ll be socket for rolling, they never were for that.

If it is the OPA 1612 but surface mounted, very good anyway, no need to play around with.  Should be great straight into the NC500 monoblocks without buffer boards I use if I get one.

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, georgehifi said:

If it is the OPA 1612 but surface mounted, very good anyway, no need to play around with.  Should be great straight into the NC500 monoblocks without buffer boards I use if I get one.

Cheers George

Can’t go wrong with the OPA 1612.   Decent sounding too. 

• Like 1