Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC

SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent 9/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Auckland
State: NZ
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT
Reason for selling: Change of direction

Further Information

Selling my Ayre QB-9 USB DAC with the Twenty upgrade. This is a really fantastic DAC that’s easy to recommend. Natural, dynamic and detailed sound that for me is as good as anything anywhere near this price point. It’s exclusively USB input, which won’t suit everyone but if you have a streamer that can output USB then this DAC is a really excellent option.

I bought the QB-9 from the US and had Ayre convert it to 240v while they did the Twenty upgrade. 

From Ayre, the Twenty upgrade offers the following improvements:

• Their Diamond output circuit improves musicality and bass response.
  • A new JFET differential stage lowers the noise floor.
  • AyreLock power supply regulation for better rendering of fine musical detail.
  • New AC noise filtering for improved resolution.
  • Custom Ayre Asynchronous USB technology further reducing electrical noise in the system.
  • New ESS DAC chip for improved signal to noise ratio and spatial detail.
  • Six layer board design for optimal circuit isolation.
  • Proprietary reclocking to eliminate USB domain jitter.
  • PCM play back up to 384 kHz
  • Native DSD capability up to DSD256 (4x)
  • HDCD decoding

Only really considering selling as my streamer has died so I’m looking at maybe switching to a streamer/DAC combo. I also find myself listening to more vinyl these days. It’s in great condition with no blemishes to the case that I can see. I have the original packaging so able to send within NZ or Australia. Will post free in NZ, and happy to split the postage to Aus. Any questions just PM me. Cheers.

IMG_0211.jpeg

IMG_0212.jpeg

IMG_0213.jpeg