Krix set up- rear surround, bookshelf or on wall?

I reckon I'll go with the Dynamix for  surround as recommended below:

I'll set this up and see how it sounds once I've done room correction and added some room treatment, with the option of adding more channels for surround and/or height later.

I will be wiring the room for the extra channels now for if that happens.

krix recomendation.PNG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fordriver1 said:

I reckon I'll go with the Dynamix for  surround as recommended below:

I'll set this up and see how it sounds once I've done room correction and added some room treatment, with the option of adding more channels for surround and/or height later.

I will be wiring the room for the extra channels now for if that happens.

krix recomendation.PNG

Wow, that is top service Krix!
I picked up yesterday a pair of Krix IC52 for my Atmos in ceiling speakers. 

Can't wait to measure, mount, calibrate and enjoy. Those suckers are BIG!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fordriver1 said:

well I'm a bit jelly.... my budget will allow for IC20 or IC32 at most....

I know mate, this hobby is not cheap, but in the end all worth it!

But you got Krix designed and made in Australia and we should be proud.

I've had the IW50 for about one and a half years as LR Surrounds and now that recently I upgraded the amp and done a few times Audyssey MultEQ app calibration I am very satisfied how my 5.1 set up sounds.

Krix really deliver. I was watching No Time To Die over the weekend. There is one scene in which they get off a plane in the middle of the sea and climb up onto the ship. When they get on board, I could hear one of the ropes slightly above my head and to the side, the thing was so realistic I had to rewind a few times to enjoy it again.

So great quality speakers and good calibration and you will be very happy with that set up they recommended.

1 hour ago, RCADees said:

recently I upgraded the amp

what did you get? 

Although my sensible side says to get the room up and running first with 5.1.2 to see if i'm satisfied with it, and then upgrade if required, I'm seriously considering just biting the bullet and going for an 11.2 channel avr to do a 7.1.4 setup  

1 hour ago, fordriver1 said:

what did you get? 

I upgraded from a Yamaha RX -A1040 so I have never experienced Atmos at home and got a Marantz Cinema 40. It has been one of those BEST purchases I have ever done. Totally worth it.

Brilliant machine. It took me a while to save and get it but I couldn't be happier. This amp will allow me to expand as more money is available later on. For instance, with the addition of the 4 subs, I am happy with one for now, but one of those outputs can manage and be used for tactile transducers. So I am really looking forward to give this a try. Hopefully next week I can get this little project done and "kick some butts". (maybe you should also run some cable for something like this?)

Also looking forward to experience Atmos ceiling Krix in my space.

I reckon as per advice here, get the room right and speaker placement. Spend the money on good speakers etc and then at some point the amp.

There is no doubt that the amp is the heart of the system, but you already have a functioning Home Cinema anyway. Sure, we all want the best and ready so that we can enjoy with the new house.

BUT A well set up 5.1 system, well calibrated and with good positioning of speakers will always outperform an Atmos system with just a bigger amp and more speakers.

But do what you mentioned earlier (as I did when we renovated not long ago) and run cable all through the walls and ceilings, of course before plaster is done. AND one thing I did not do is cable conduit wide enough so that in the future if you want or have to swap cables it is easy.

Sometimes HDMI cables stop working and that really can be a nightmare! Spend money now on those good quality cables, you will not regret it. Spend money on the basics now and later on you will be able to expand easily.

And lastly, if you get all of it perfect now, then the fun of the journey will be over too soon!!!

Me thinks anyway, that has been my experience.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Update: 

purchased a pair of Krix Dynamix for the rears, added to the growing pile of boxes just waiting to be unpacked once the house build is complete. 😃 

Managed to find a set of 4 second hand Krix IC50 atmospherix- These are a decent chunk of in ceiling speaker!

Will use 2 for now in the 5.1.2 setup mentioned earlier in the thread, but am running wiring in the walls and ceiling for a potential up to 7.2.4 system. Including running RCAs to each 4 corners so I can experiment with sub position or multi subs later. Then if the itch arises later it will only take an AVR upgrade to upgrade.

Build is getting there- 5 months in to the build which is moving along well being my wife and myself are physically building most of it. Gyprock is being installed in approx 2 weeks.

Running the theater wiring has rekindled my excitement.... 

Edited by fordriver1
added to it
  • Like 7