NO LONGER AVAILABLE: FS: Opera Audio Consonance Droplet CDP with Marble Stand

• Administrator

Item: Consonance Droplet CDP (with Volume Control), and genuine Opera Audio matching marble stand.
Price: $2200.00
Item Condition: 9/10
Reason for selling: Change of direction.
Payment Method: Cash on pickup.

Extra Info: I purchased this from one of Greg Osborn's (Australian Opera Audio distributor) customers. I am the 2nd owner. It is in 100% working order, but has a couple of very small marks from the crystals being dropped (by previous owners children I believe). I special ordered the genuine marble stand (HEAVY) through Greg. It looks superb, but unfortunately due to manufacturer error, the columns were very slightly misaligned and upon assembly a piece of marble broke away around the column hole. This is at the rear of the stand, and 95% covered by the trims. It is not noticable by most. I have priced this sale accordingly at the 2nd hand market price of the Droplet, and included the stand free.

This is a very well regarded CDP, and I've often heard from many enthusiasts that it rivals players up to $20K.

This is a $4,000+ combination at RRP. I had the CDP serviced recently by an electronics guru friend, who found no faults and gave the unit a once over and clean.

I no longer have the packaging, and given the weight of the stand, shipping is not an option.
Supplied with Remote Control, Power Lead and User Manual (I will have to dig it up, it's filed under "file here for safekeeping and forget where").

More Information:
http://www.osbornloudspeakers.com.au/opera/Dropletcd.html
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/droplet/cdp5.html
award.gif

Stand: Constructed from two slabs of polished pale marble separated by massive triangular sections and supported by anodized-alloy columns - all tensioned by threaded rods running through the structure. The shape of the marble echo's the curves of the Droplet 5.0 CDP, with the columns directly beneath the cones on the base of the CD player turns the superb Droplet into a real work of art.

My image:
post-103433-0-88199100-1387234811_thumb.

Google Images:

hero.jpg
3_1.jpg

Interested in a trade? One slightly used liver/kidney/lung? Your choice Marc. I'll even throw in a little finger (I have two, I don't need both) and a kitchen sink. Ooh and a free set of steak knives. Deal clincher right there!

That is a beautiful CDP, impossibly made more so by the stand. Oh how I wish....... The new owner will be a very lucky person.

Interested in a trade? One slightly used liver/kidney/lung? Your choice Marc. I'll even throw in a little finger (I have two, I don't need both) and a kitchen sink. Ooh and a free set of steak knives. Deal clincher right there!

That is a beautiful CDP, impossibly made more so by the stand. Oh how I wish....... The new owner will be a very lucky person.

What, no left ********? Or did you already trade that?

I'll give your offer consideration shaky :)

Are the steak knives responsible for said little finger you have surplus?

No but if you will give me that bloody beautiful CDP for a slightly stained set of steak knives, It's a deal!

What, no left ********? Or did you already trade that?

Nope, the ex took that when we split. :o

Edited by shaky
  • Like 1

• Administrator

A few droplet owners that I have spoken with, are in agreement that the internal DAC is fairly hard to beat.

I don't have a great selection of exotic DACs to play with, but I I have used it with Beresford, PPI, and Burson DAC's and come back to the internal DAC every time.

I truly think this CDP punches well above it's weight. I longed for one for some time, and finally tracked one down once I could afford it. Like most in this hobby though, time to move on to and try other things.

Oh, and the active speakers are gone. The new journey has begun :)

• 1 month later...