Oppenheimer (2023) - Trailer - Christopher Nolan

On 06/02/2024 at 5:17 AM, georgehifi said:

Well I'm an avid movie goer too, and the 2023 was dismal for good releases, (Guy Ritchie's)"The Covenant" and (Riddly Scott's)"Napoleon" had me riveted from go to whoa.  More than the 3 expected winners could "Oppenheimer" "Killers of the Flower Moon" and "Babe" which two were still good movies "for 2023" but they were nothing extraordinary.

(As much as I'm in love with Margo Robie, I lasted not even 1/2hr with Babe)

Cheers George  

**Barbie

I have just seen Barbie and whilst I understand it won't be everyone's cup of tea, I thought it was very well done for what it was.

I also really enjoyed The Covenant, but not close to the same quality of film making as  Oppenheimer or KOTFM

14 minutes ago, georgehifi said:

So was ALIEN 3 very well done, but rubbish to watch.

Cheers George

Disagree completely on Alien 3...if it was very well done, it wouldn't have been rubbish to watch.

5 hours ago, NoCoder said:

Disagree completely on Alien 3...if it was very well done, it wouldn't have been rubbish to watch.

LOL - let's not mention Alien 4, then!

Although there's a couple of scenes in that one that I think are great (especially the basketball scene).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NoCoder said:

it wouldn't have been rubbish to watch.

Same with Avatar The Way of Water high end technology very well done, but rubbish as a movie.

Same with  STAR WARS: EPISODE I - THE PHANTOM MENACE. 

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi

15 minutes ago, georgehifi said:

Same with Avatar The Way of Water high end technology very well done, but rubbish as a movie.

Same with  STAR WARS: EPISODE I - THE PHANTOM MENACE. 

Cheers George

Well my interpretation of "very well done" includes acting /directing/writing.....not just use of technology

1 minute ago, NoCoder said:

Well my interpretation of "very well done" includes acting /directing/writing.....not just use of technology

It's interesting, that I can see the actors in Oppy did a great job and that the scenes were pretty much very well done. Yet as a movie, I'm glad I got it on disk from the library - as I couldn't sit through it in one sitting. I was just bored by the thing. I might grab a DVD of it and try cutting it in chronological order and see if it works better for me...

• Like 1

Just now, Cloth Ears said:

It's interesting, that I can see the actors in Oppy did a great job and that the scenes were pretty much very well done. Yet as a movie, I'm glad I got it on disk from the library - as I couldn't sit through it in one sitting. I was just bored by the thing. I might grab a DVD of it and try cutting it in chronological order and see if it works better for me...

Yeah, for movies, I can see where a movie is very well made/written/acted but not appeal to people.

For me, I found Oppenheimer to be riveting and I absolutely loved it..but I know others that couldn't connect with it and that's fine

12 hours ago, Cloth Ears said:

as I couldn't sit through it in one sitting. I was just bored by the thing.

Same, wished there was an interval to grab something to eat.

I thought as with KOTFM, they would have been better if they were 2.5hrs long.

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi

2 hours ago, Cloth Ears said:

This is how I felt. It was no doubt well made but who was it aimed at? Film critics probably.

I still haven't watched past the first test explosion. It was just so boring. After reading this thread I'll try to have another go tonight.

Yes, The Covenant was great. I've already watched it twice.

10 hours ago, a.dent said:

Yes, The Covenant was great. I've already watched it twice.

👍 

3 x for me!! Can you believe it didn't even get a nomination (I think)?

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi