Paradigm Signature SUB 1 vs Prestige 1000SW

Hey knowledgeable peeps,

I'm on the hunt for a new sub to complement a Paradigm Studio 100-based HT setup. Two options that have presented themselves to me are an old Sig SUB 1 or a new Prestige 1000SW for similar money.

The SUB 1 was obviously a much more pricey sub when new and was a monster at the time, but does anyone know how it compares to modern subs like the 1000SW? Obviously 6 x 8" drivers and a higher wattage amp compared to a single 12"  driver would suggest the SUB 1 should comfortably win, but I've been told that the newer amplifier tech in the 1000SW is miles ahead of my old Studio SUB 15, which was the same generation as the SUB 1.

I've always lusted after a SUB 1 so I'm inclined to go with it, but the 1000SW is also a safer purchase with full warranty, etc.

Any thoughts and comments are welcome! Many thanks in advance.

I cant comment on the 1000SW but i have been running a sub 1 for a number of years now and ive never found anything that it can't handle.  The output is tight, controlled, has no trouble going deep and powerful.  I play alot of dance music which is really bass intensive and i cant fault the sub 1.  The only thing i would likely go over the sub 1 is a sub 2