AMP GTG

bhobba

Can't we have the other amps warming up out in the workshop and just bring them in when it is their turn? That would be fairer? And yes, I make sure all the gear has been on for at least a day before I decide to make critical judgements about them, especially dacs.

Yep--Sound advice(sic!) just get a pair of these -correct values--for each Amps and they'll sing along happily to themselves till summoned!

Oh and I received this Pic of Rob working out in prep to lift the Gyrphon--keep at it boy--doing just fine! :thumb:

Willco

I think a pair of these might really let them stretch their legs a bit ....

ymyda8ah.jpg

Rob, by the marking on the side it looks like an 8ohm resistor rated for 200W of power dissipation! I'd not seen anything like that before but that is sweet!

I'll see AJ's power resistor and raise him a power cable :D

post-107277-0-87195100-1383896485_thumb.

Edited by hochopeper

Yep it's a 200W non inductive 8ohm resistor - perfect for making amps sing for their money - I have a pair - always happy to lend them out.

OK...for the non electrical types like me...how do they work & what benefit will these add...will they be of use at the Amp GTG...thanks AJ...Rob

OK...so they could be of use at the Amp GTG...but only for 1 amp at a time. Hmmm...something I am trying to avoid is any real or perceived advantage but I can see how they would be of use. I would envisage 1 amp plugged in warming up...1 amp driving these before being placed in the "hot seat' for evaluation by the....cough...elite panel. Would you loan them for the amp GTG...

BY the way...how are the ribs healing...I cracked 3 with 1 collapsed lung a few years ago...bloody painful...especially the breathing exercises to reinflate the lung...Rob

Is anyone else staying over on Sat night and needs accommodation? I see that I can stay at Griffith Uni for only $55 /night

Griffith University Village

96 Edmund Rice Drive, Southport, - this appears close by. Would that be correct? If so I'll book in for this Saturday. Please let me know. Otherwise, is anyone driving back to BNE Saturday night?

Cheers. Frank

Is anyone else staying over on Sat night and needs accommodation? I see that I can stay at Griffith Uni for only $55 /night

Griffith University Village

96 Edmund Rice Drive, Southport, - this appears close by. Would that be correct? If so I'll book in for this Saturday. Please let me know. Otherwise, is anyone driving back to BNE Saturday night?

Cheers. Frank

Sounds good. Will be doing my bookings later tonight

Tickets and accommodation booked! Cant wait. Didn't get into Griffith but that is OK

Who are going for steaks after?

Anyone going for steaks and back to close to Brisbane airport? Thinking that it might get to late to get to the train? 

Tickets and accommodation booked! Cant wait. Didn't get into Griffith but that is OK

Who are going for steaks after?

Anyone going for steaks and back to close to Brisbane airport? Thinking that it might get to late to get to the train? 

Not heading to the airport but certainly heading for steaks later.

Thanks

Bill

OK, the amp-mobile is packed up and ready for an early morning getaway and I'm off for some beauty sleep (which I have this strange feeling I won't get nearly enough of).

Cheers guys, I'll be looking at you in just a few short days. :thumb:

Edited by Cafad

CALL FOR TEST TRACKS

Mike has kindly allowed me to bring along my pc and dac (the Phasure NOS1 USB) for the amp GTG so I am putting the call out to those that have test tracks that they wish to use to please send them to me in the next 24 hours so that I don't have to waste too much time on Saturday morning fart-arsing around with USB sticks.

Of course PCM only from RedBook to any hi-rez rate sample rate.  I would prefer WAV files, but just give me what you've got.  Send me a PM to get my details.

Jeff, I know you are on the road and may have a bit of trouble sending the files to me...when do you get down to the Gold Coast mate?  

Cheers,

Anthony

Cafad, drive safe, I know the road from Rocky south pretty well but I've not spent much time north of there except to know that it's a long trek and you'd better have made some good music selections before setting off  :thumb:

Anthony, I'm happy to let others pick the music ... will be interesting to have another listen to the Phasure

Count me in for steak & beer (just one ... gotta drive back to Bris) too if that wasn't clear from my earlier post :) I'm picking Frank up from the BNE airport at 8 so we'll probably be down the coast a bit before the kick off time but I'm happy to lend a hand with setup and carrying amps in from cars if anyone needs a young set of hands to do some lifting.

Cheers,

Chris

CALL FOR TEST TRACKS

Mike has kindly allowed me to bring along my pc and dac (the Phasure NOS1 USB) for the amp GTG so I am putting the call out to those that have test tracks that they wish to use to please send them to me in the next 24 hours so that I don't have to waste too much time on Saturday morning fart-arsing around with USB sticks.

Of course PCM only from RedBook to any hi-rez rate sample rate.  I would prefer WAV files, but just give me what you've got.  Send me a PM to get my details.

Jeff, I know you are on the road and may have a bit of trouble sending the files to me...when do you get down to the Gold Coast mate?  

Cheers,

Anthony

I've got the wav files in the "old fashioned" format, on cd.  I plan to be on site at least 30 mins early too Anthony and I'm pretty sure it will take far less than that to rip a couple of files from cd.  If the worst comes to the worst and we can't do it (for whatever reason) I know a couple of back up files that are on Mikes mac that will just have to do the trick.

I've made it all the way to Maryborough, and holy crap what a storm I drove though from Calliope to Miriam Vale, for 30 minutes I averaged about 40kph!  Now that is  rain!

Bill, I've got Decky's pimped out Dayens Ampino with me too (I remembered it at the last minute), I don't know if there will be time to include it or not but you can always have a listen to it afterwards.

Edited by Cafad

I have no way to rip a CD on my music PC Cafad...no optical drive and no ripping software...I do it all on another computer...maybe Mike is able to do it, unless you have brought down a laptop or something.

Anthony

I have no way to rip a CD on my music PC Cafad...no optical drive and no ripping software...I do it all on another computer...maybe Mike is able to do it, unless you have brought down a laptop or something.

Anthony

I certainly have.  I'll get right to that ripping after dinner.