Marantz AV7704 pre-out problem

Hi,

Today I turned on my Marantz AV7704 pre-pro and the front right channel seems to be broken. I switched cables and did some testing (ie it's not the power amp or the 2 ch pre-amp that it connects to) and no matter what I tried I'm pretty certain that the front right pre-out port is not working anymore.

I'm pretty un-happy with this obviously and before contacting someone to repair it is there anything else I could try?

1) Would re-setting it help?

2) Could I use the XLR outputs for the left and right into an RCA converter?

I might follow the steps here (https://www.avsforum.com/threads/official-2017-marantz-av7704-owners-thread.2919260/) and do one reset at a time.

I didn't know I could save all the settings to USB...very handy!

I wonder if it saves the mid range compensation option from the Audysee App.

Edited by Mr_Gadget
  • Like 1

I've done all the resets except the Factorty reset and still no good.

Do you thing buying an XLR to RCA adapter is worth a try? (ie don't use the front right RCA)?

Edited by Mr_Gadget

1 hour ago, Mr_Gadget said:

Who services Marantz these days anyway?  found these couple of google hits. JLS is actually quite close by.

image.png.5272e1d716423526b4b240ca5785f6b0.png

The Mt Waverley one will be the former Qualifi business who were taken over by D&M when they decided to cut out the middleman for local distributorship. I'd go to them.

• 2 weeks later...

My XLR to rca cable came today. Happy to report that using this cable has solved my problem. So must be just the rca connector on the Marantz has come loose or something inside because I thought that it ends up going through the same path as the XLR.

• Like 1