Gryphon Owners & Discussion Thread

23 hours ago, macrotrust said:

Guizu GSS Promotions !

This one fit my power amp- under the feet u put those easy slide adhesive as not to damage the floor. U can find it in normal DIY shops.

Alternatively u have to customise from USA or UK pending what sort of material u want. normally prefer wood. U can order from UK https://www.hifiracks.co.uk/products/podium-reference?variant=20696396103742

They are beautiful Mahony wood- u can customise your dimension according to the feet of the mephisto.

Alternatively https://www.analogueseduction.net/equipment-supports-and-hi-fi-racks/GryphonSA_ESS[1].html

Use the above to customise- that can save some money.

Thanks. I may consider the original Standart Amp Stand.   Looks well designed and hopefully helps to improve the sound.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those who want the power to drive any speaker. 

latest power amp single or mono bloc- good enough for small size living room or rooms pending how loud you want to play.

The louder u play the more power it take and make sure dont overdrive the amp. This is like driving a 1.6L car to max speed. make sure get the right spec for your style and listening pleasure.

I get Evo- the need for speed and power. Zooom Zooom

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Latest review of the Antileon Evo.

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/gryphon-audio-designs-antileon-evo-stereo-power-amplifier

Conclusion

Class A amplifiers are sometimes characterized as smooth and sweet, yet lacking treble openness, dynamic impact, and excitement. The Gryphon Antileon EVO’s triumph is delivering the great virtues of Class A operation—seductive warmth, liquid textures, and a sense of ease—but with tremendous speed and dynamic authority along with a visceral excitement and energy. Its warm harmonic richness and absence of grain and glare reveal the beauty of tone colors in a way that is nothing short of seductive.

Throw in stunning build-quality and striking industrial design, and you have an amplifier that pushes all the right buttons. Having lived with this third-generation Antileon, it’s easy to see why its fundamental architecture has endured for 26 years—and counting.

On 25/07/2021 at 2:35 PM, TDX said:

Always wanted to try gryphon at my place. 

You should as it is one of the best amplifiers that I have heard.  Even their integrated Diablo amps sounded impressive to me.  

• 4 months later...

Hi folks.

Curious to know if anyone has ever sent their Gryphon amplifiers in for service or recap after a decent amount of time.

I have a Callisto 2200 that I've owned for about 18 years (serial number 6) but I can't help but think it's lost a touch of magic.

It hasn't been abused or overworked, but I'd like to know that it's still giving me all that I paid for, back when I bought it.

Would welcome any thoughts on the matter.

Rob.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 22/12/2021 at 2:17 PM, Woodchip said:

Looks great, sounds like you’re enjoying the setup. Just interested to know if you have installed the phono card yet? 

Sorry mate, I didn’t see this until now. Yes, I did. Not cheap but it is brilliant. A bit tricky to install but not too bad. Just need to be super careful lining up the pins as they are very thin. 

How’s the Diablo 250?

https://www.stereonet.com/au/news/gryphon-launches-new-flagship-commander-and-apex-amplifiers

The weight and the price is scary.
The material specifications of Apex illustrate its cost-no-object design kicking off with the Apex Mono featuring a staggering compliment of 128 very high-current bipolar output transistors (64 per chassis), 2,080,000 μF (>2 Farad) capacitor banks (>1 Farad per chassis), four separate custom-made 2,000 VA toroidal transformers (two per chassis), all housed in a constrained-layerdamped chassis.

The Apex Stereo tips the scales at nearly 450 pounds, while a pair of Apex Mono weigh-in at 900 pounds and with nearly 1800 RMS Watts into one Ohm (Mono), you can rest assured that the Gryphon Apex will tackle even the most challenging of speaker loads.

The Gryphon Commander pre-amplifier is priced at US$63,000. The Apex Stereo costs US$99,000, with the Mono priced at US$198,000 per pair. Additionally, a StandArt Amplifier Stand will also be released soon, ticketed at US$8,000.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 29/1/2023 at 8:37 AM, Thelastjedi said:

Does anyone know a reputable gryphon technician who can service gryphon amplifiers in Australia? 

Kimmel Electronics in Croydon Park, NSW. Authorised repairers. 

Edited by muzzagruzz
  • Like 1