DLP 4K projector (Benq 5700 Great Sharing ) More Picture from tweaking

Congrats Jeffong for the latest acquisition. You'll be happy with the performance of the BenQ W5700.

Thanks.. it’s the waiting that would be painful ?. Now what to do with my trusty AE7k who has been through thick and thin for the last 6 yrs.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.. it’s the waiting that would be painful [emoji1787]. Now what to do with my trusty AE7k who has been through thick and thin for the last 6 yrs.

Offload here at a good price or sell in Carousell lor or perhaps giveaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question for the W5700 owners. Have you played "Grand Tour" from Amazon Prime on the W5700. On my W2700, the colors from the episode where they drive European cars in China seems exceptionally red. Viewing on my OLED, it has a slight red cast, but on the W2700, Jeremy Clarkson's face is so red that he looks drunk while driving around Kunming. So far, this is the only title where BenQ's processing seems to have gone off on the deep end. Might be errors in the signal that it can't interpret, whereas the OLED is able to get around it.

Quick question for the W5700 owners. Have you played "Grand Tour" from Amazon Prime on the W5700. On my W2700, the colors from the episode where they drive European cars in China seems exceptionally red. Viewing on my OLED, it has a slight red cast, but on the W2700, Jeremy Clarkson's face is so red that he looks drunk while driving around Kunming. So far, this is the only title where BenQ's processing seems to have gone off on the deep end. Might be errors in the signal that it can't interpret, whereas the OLED is able to get around it.

Doesn't sound normal.

Is grand tour in HDR or SDR?

What picture mode did u use on the pj?

Are there any contrast/ colour enhancement settings that are enabled?

I think something I discovered recently (apologies if I missed any discussion on this), which is a plus for the W5700, is that BenQ developed a unique color coating technology for their color wheel to allow for 100% of the P3 Color Gamut without a filter. This has never been done before with a DLP or LCD. On my W2700, when I engage the wide gamut filter, it lowers the lumens by about 40% (from the 2000 lumens spec). Since the W5700 is able to do 100% of P3 without a filter, HDR signals can be run at the full lumen output and are brighter. The only downside compared to the W2700 is that when not showing HDR content, the W2700 is slightly brighter. The W5700 also therefore beats the new Epson 5050b, which also requires turning on a wide gamut filter to achieve 100% of P3 and reducing lumens by 40% although the Epson has leading black levels for a Batcave.

Doesn't sound normal.

Is grand tour in HDR or SDR?

What picture mode did u use on the pj?

Are there any contrast/ colour enhancement settings that are enabled?

Grandtour is in 4K HDR. The PJ has only one mode for HDR and everything was set to default. I tried fiddling with the color and white balance, and it improved a bit, but just a bit.

Grandtour is in 4K HDR. The PJ has only one mode for HDR and everything was set to default. I tried fiddling with the color and white balance, and it improved a bit, but just a bit.

during the demo, I feel the out of the box colors for HDR is quite off. So maybe that's why. But SDR looked quite good out of the box.

does the pj allow greyscale calibration on HDR? If yes, maybe try a simple 2pt greyscale calibration and adjust the white point for the HDR to see if it helps, if there are such controls. (But i'm not familiar what calibration controls are available for HDR on the 5700....)

I think something I discovered recently (apologies if I missed any discussion on this), which is a plus for the W5700, is that BenQ developed a unique color coating technology for their color wheel to allow for 100% of the P3 Color Gamut without a filter. This has never been done before with a DLP or LCD. On my W2700, when I engage the wide gamut filter, it lowers the lumens by about 40% (from the 2000 lumens spec). Since the W5700 is able to do 100% of P3 without a filter, HDR signals can be run at the full lumen output and are brighter. The only downside compared to the W2700 is that when not showing HDR content, the W2700 is slightly brighter. The W5700 also therefore beats the new Epson 5050b, which also requires turning on a wide gamut filter to achieve 100% of P3 and reducing lumens by 40% although the Epson has leading black levels for a Batcave.

I didn't know that the new W5700 is able to do P3 at 100% without any color filter?! That's unbelievable! Ad I'm also surprised to learn the 40% reduction in light output for W2700 when P3 filter is engaged...Interesting find.

during the demo, I feel the out of the box colors for HDR is quite off. So maybe that's why. But SDR looked quite good out of the box.

does the pj allow greyscale calibration on HDR? If yes, maybe try a simple 2pt greyscale calibration and adjust the white point for the HDR to see if it helps, if there are such controls. (But i'm not familiar what calibration controls are available for HDR on the 5700....)

The W2700 demo was definitely not optimal. The colors are very accurate and spectacular when the room is very dark. I really enjoyed rewatching Crazy Rich Asians and Hunter Killer in HDR. Truly spectacular colors.

The W2700 allows for complete ISF calibration so I'd be surprised if the greyscale calibration isn't there. PM me if you want a private look.

The most command question ask by user or new HT set up , which BENQ model should they buy ?

I always will suggest to potential user what are they most concern about .

A) Cost /Budget

B) Looks of unit and colour

C) Room dimension L x B x H

D) Screen size

E) Ambient Light condition

F) Application ( how long usage )

G) Require Ease of replacement ?

H) Type of mounting pole location / load bearing .

I) Type of source played Media stream / Netflix / Apple or purist BD/UHD Play (Disk )

J) Performance and Quality is it important ?

K) Advantage on PJ vs TV .

L) Minister of Home affair approval .

I always say we are blessed on having a HT & Movies hobby vs Party and Drinking right ..!!!

Gaolow, Mai Tu Liao.. Just take the plunge. LOL!!!

Alfie.. is your stock coming in this week or have to wait till end of Ramandan.  :'(

Oh we waiting for the same batch!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Yup , guys is going to be in very soon get ready , for those have  place the pre orders . ( thanks for the orders  )

For those who are keen there is still a few days for you to make up your mine .

The mounting will require 4 spyder leg on the bottom part of bracket ,  I will have the screws for the projector  which attach it .

Cheers .

Yup , guys is going to be in very soon get ready , for those have did the pre orders . ( thanks for the orders  )

For those who are keen there is still a few days for you to make up your mine .

The mounting will require 4 spyder leg on the bottom part of bracket ,  I will have the screws for the projector  which attach it .

Cheers .

U think my mount will work??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hi Chaozhoi it should work your is CHIEF universal kit hope all the other assembling bolt and nuts are there . USA uses inches and we use metrics hope fully is all there .

Just had my Benq 5700 delivered and installed by Alfie.. Kudos for the great service rendered even though we got into a pickle trying to figure out why the 4k signal was not getting through to the PJ.  Finally realized that the culprit is my ageing Denon 4520 receiver which is not HDCP 2.2 compliant :P.  In the end had to pull out additional HDMI cable to connect my Samsung 4k player directly to the PJ and walah a beautiful sight greeted my eyes.  Even my kids could immediately tell the significant difference between the old AE7K and the new Benq.  Will let the PJ burn-in over the next couple of days before doing any further calibration.  No regrets on this purchase although now I have to source for a new receiver which means an unexpected hole in my wallet. Haiz.. 

Just had my Benq 5700 delivered and installed by Alfie.. Kudos for the great service rendered even though we got into a pickle trying to figure out why the 4k signal was not getting through to the PJ.  Finally realized that the culprit is my ageing Denon 4520 receiver which is not HDCP 2.2 compliant :P.  In the end had to pull out additional HDMI cable to connect my Samsung 4k player directly to the PJ and walah a beautiful sight greeted my eyes.  Even my kids could immediately tell the significant difference between the old AE7K and the new Benq.  Will let the PJ burn-in over the next couple of days before doing any further calibration.  No regrets on this purchase although now I have to source for a new receiver which means an unexpected hole in my wallet. Haiz.. 

That why my purchase is not approve after I factor in the cables, receiver, 4K player...etc :(

I think it goes as a package, everything will have to change, cables won’t cost a lot, decent ones can do the job, PJ is reasonably priced , if sceeen is good, that doesn’t have to change, AVR, plenty in the market that can do hdmi 2.0, or some 4K players can do direct

If you can sell old gear, can fetch something there

It’s probably worth considering the move as a lot of content is now in HDR Atmos, even the old movies like Rambo, Jurassic trilogy, Batman, toy story trilogy, (I can watch this many times), is really enjoyable , gaming, Xbox playstation etc etc...

It’s not really a necessity, more to when, it’s only a question of time... defer if funds don’t permit, go ahead if it does... straight forward decision

However, if the wait is for 8k, 12k, 16k material or hardware, then the wait is never ending...

In short.... my favourite quote of all time....

d27a7d5229a8b1c276264969a5a9c9c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Yamaha AVR was top of the line in 2002! still sounds great so I won't change until it breaks. Sub and speakers from the same era. Vocals are crystal clear and room still rumbles and shakes.