Michell Gyrodec Owners & Discussion Thread

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Guys, anyone using Gyropower QC PSU for the AC motor and familiar with it?

Can help to explain what are the purpose of 4 trimmers R41, R39, R42 & R40?

There are 4 outputs J2, J3, J4, & J1. Think J4 is ground and J1 is to measure voltage output for 33.3rpm, how about others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sunny130y,firstly what is wrong with your QC power?

I can explain the trim pot adjustment to you via phone. It's complicated to explain in words.

Hi Steven, I've pm you. I'm trying to adjust voltage to determine the 33.3rpm.

Thanks Steven for advice and I adjusted R41 & R39 for same voltage output and measured J4 & J1 but needed around 22.3V to achieve close to 33.3rpm. Looks like something is wrong since 19v should be sufficient.

Your belt could be worn out or over-stretched and suffers from slippage, hence need higher motor speed to get 33 1/3 RPM. Try dusting entire belt with talcum powder first, before order a new one. In our kind of weather, belts last 4-5 years at the most. If your belt is flat type, and you do not mind trying 3rd party, Origin Live belt can be made to order. I find it good, reasonably priced and came within 2 weeks 

Your belt could be worn out or over-stretched and suffers from slippage, hence need higher motor speed to get 33 1/3 RPM. Try dusting entire belt with talcum powder first, before order a new one. In our kind of weather, belts last 4-5 years at the most. If your belt is flat type, and you do not mind trying 3rd party, Origin Live belt can be made to order. I find it good, reasonably priced and came within 2 weeks 

talcum powder +1

Actually it's a new belt. Wah...analogue is so challenging. So many variables compared to digital which I'm more familiar with. Lots to learn and try.

Original Mitchell belt? Do the talcum powder treatment even for new belt due to manufacturing oil and dirt. FYI, Origin Live asked me to do talcum powder before install their new belt on my SME.

Actually it's a new belt. Wah...analogue is so challenging. So many variables compared to digital which I'm more familiar with. Lots to learn and try.

Have you check wall voltage first Bro. I feel the same about digital too server lah , software update, usb cable so many things. ;D

Have you check wall voltage first Bro. I feel the same about digital too server lah , software update, usb cable so many things. ;D

Wall voltage is 240-245V. Wonder it's got to do with the spindle or the motor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Able to let me know how much to upgrade for the Orbe platter . Currently using GyroDec , thanks.

Check it out with Connoisseur Audio at Adelphi level 4. He is the new agent in Singapore. 

Those who are looking for belt go look for him.

New shipment of Michelle's table also arrived in his shop.