Another Troels Gravesen's DTQWT Project Build

Sierra

Very neat drawings, Rolando. You certainly put a lot of love and attention into this build.

Mine are 80kg, but the feet I have are 5cm square, so the speakers contact the floor well, but slide without damaging carpet.

I think even with spikes, the speakers would be easy enough to step/dance into different positions, hopefully not threatening any marital equilibrium. Please excuse my terrible drawing:

post-135890-0-17587200-1469923130_thumb.

I will admit, I'm one of the lucky few to buy a pair of these and not have to make them. I havn't done the hard yards like others, although I was prepared to.

But as a user, I've found 40mm works well for me.

I think if you have adjustable feet on the speaker cab's, you cant go wrong. Then you can do what you wish on the plinth.

Making wheels that look cool might be a challenge. Not an impossible one, but a challenge for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

New distribution cuts felt, I calculate by mistake twice sections B, so now plenty of material. This can serve someone, because
I have seen that has Troels miss an update for DTQWTII with the new driver JA8008 HMQ :

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/DTQWT-mkIII-FLAT.htm

I'm working with the bonding of absorbent material, soon there will be more photos.... :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japanese boys of Kenrick Sound like to play brummm, brummm  ....

Me too !  :D

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Z4Nkkt9j39c/maxresdefault.jpg

post-144598-0-97316200-1471393930_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go with the pictures. November is coming, the date my son Salvador has suggested to me ... (his friend Bebu will come from Germany on that date, and was the one who brought me the bulky package)
I'll have to put a little more energy ..... :D

cortes felt 005.JPG

cortes felt 003.JPG

cortes felt 007.JPG

cortes felt 011.JPG

cortes felt 015.JPG

Pegamento aplicado.JPG

Rear felt.JPG

Side panel.JPG

Edited by arpavieja78
error photos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brian

Yes, I've stuck most of the felt dampping, just missing the portion of the top panel. Thanks alike, here also a similar product was achieved, but preferred to go to the known.

So I think I must admit some kind of dependence on these products, know the MEK? :D
I've used today just to get the board of Eminence speakers DeltaLite 2510 II
I'll tell you .....

http://www.formica.com.ar/produtos/adesivos04.htm

Edited by arpavieja78

19 hours ago, darth vader said:

@ arpavieja78

Thank you for this link http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/DTQWT-mkIII-FLAT.htm

I was pleased to find a MkII version as, in Troels words, I too loathe the stepped front panel on the MkIII.

Glad to see he's addressed this

Hi Dan 

Thanks for your comments, I'm glad you have served the link.

If I had to start over my building, ( the now MKIII ) not only would the panel frontal plane, but also try to change the dimensions to accommodate the rear speaker Eminence 2512 II in a traditional cabinet. I do not esthetically pleasing those two wooden slats on the rear panel added. :(

I would write Troels calculate to me a new cabinet (I do not think it was too difficult given their experience and expertise in the subject) or try to calculate myself.

http://www.mh-audio.nl/TQWT.asp

(No guarantees here, if anyone is encouraged, runs on its own) :P

Rolando

Edited by arpavieja78

6 hours ago, Tube Nube said:

This is a great option, not just for aesthetics, but to simplify the build. The front panel gave me a lot of trouble.

Without slats would also be simpler construction, I think if the WAF was achieved with 28 cm wide, about 4 cm extra, would not change his mind....:unsure:

Edited by arpavieja78

rather than recalculate the inner dimensions, why not just thicken the sides by an inch or so?

I made those slats at the back even wider, because I wanted the Emmi ence 12" drivers clean and flush with the back. Another area that gave me grief.

Maybe someone will remember that I decided to use a rear panel 30 mm instead of 22 mm recommended.
So to keep the internal volume accurately the speakers Eminence Delta II 2510 should be placed in the same place.
The most convenient solution I found to maintain the robustness of the rear panel, remove the inner seal was the speaker. Simple and effective, but .... for it, use MEK, I'll stick some previous work, do not think bad. (Especially Brian ;))
In this way I keep the internal dimensions of Troels diagram and is thick wooden important to support the two twofers.

I have not gotten black wood screws good thickness, so I decided to use T-Nuts. My speakers JBL - DIY - have many years of removal and replacement, and have remained in place. Anyway before nailing aplicare epoxy resin.

2 mm apretadas.JPG

3 mm.jpg

anterior ubicacion.JPG

MEK.JPG

remocion de juntas.JPG

removidas.JPG

Edited by arpavieja78

9 hours ago, Tube Nube said:

rather than recalculate the inner dimensions, why not just thicken the sides by an inch or so?

I made those slats at the back even wider, because I wanted the Emmi ence 12" drivers clean and flush with the back. Another area that gave me grief.

Yes, of course, on the outside it would be "traditional", but want me to say? The side panels would have very thick !
I've dealt enough for gluing 2x 15 mm plywood ....;)

Edited by arpavieja78

As those terminals are different I'd use a 1.5v battery to check which way the cone moves. Just touch it across the terminals and watch the cone move in or out, make sure they both go the same way. I'd say that someone made a mistake when putting the terminals on....
Happy building.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks Dave !

It's exactly what I did, and speaker working properly .... with inverted terminal blocks .... but that is what changes mechanically in its internal construction? I guess the coil is backwards .....

In the specs of Eminence does not mention what kind of coil is single coil? Winding superimposed? I am inclined to believe in the second .....

You can choose your language at this link :

http://construyasuvideorockola.com/bobina_4_capas.php

A very clever way of installing t-nuts but also so simple! 

Your speakers are looking amazing. 

I still read this thread every time there is a new post and still desperately wish to build some of Troels speakers! 

I have the tools now but have yet to make a decision on which speaker. I'm worried I won't be able to produce such precise work. Was it not very difficult to get the dowels in perfect position?