Air Purifier talk

Bros, for us$99, the only blue air item I can buy is the replacement filter! i really think the 17000 is great value for the money. I am not bothered by the noise, and for what it does, I think it works great based on what I have read. Might take the dive very soon. After shipment, the price is about Us$161, which is around $215. Great value I think.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During audition  ;D I was testing the Blueair with Honeywell and yes confirmed it is loud.

Blueair available locally? Im going to use in my small bedroom, so noise is going to be a deciding factor for me.

Blueair does not belongs to value for $ range. Their cheapest model will be usd3xx.

Value for $ at the moment vs local pricing will goes to Honeywell at the moment. Aside from ordering the unit, get some pre-filters, HRF-AP1, at usd9.94, do not bother with oem pre-filter.

Can use 17000 in living room if find 5xxxx series expensive, just switch to high mode for a longer period before switching back to low for the rest of the day.

Rating pretty low, not more than 150w, to be on the safe side, I had bought 250w to run my purifier, I had encountered using low power transformer, cut off my vornado fan midway. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

may i know what is the shipping cost? ship direct or thru' vpost?

thanks.

Ship direct will be cheaper than using 3rd party forwarder like vpost.

Amazon charges usd55 now, vpost/borderlinx/hopshopgo roughly usd70.

It's one of the quirks of the free shipping, when I tick the box for free shipping, I still see the Honeywell 17000, but when I try to checkout, making sure I hit 125 USD and all other items are eligible, I can't get free shipping :(

It's one of the quirks of the free shipping, when I tick the box for free shipping, I still see the Honeywell 17000, but when I try to checkout, making sure I hit 125 USD and all other items are eligible, I can't get free shipping :(

Shipping is not free for this puppy. But still a damn good buy. Just ordered one.

I've had these Honeywell air cleaners for 20 years. I imported a 110V one from the US many years ago (it was like 30% the cost from the agent in Singapore), but I never ever managed to find a transformer that got it to work the way the 240V ones worked. In particular, the different fan speeds weren't very distinct and it always ran on high. It's something about transformers and electric motors.

If it is eligible for free global shipping, i will check with the customer service officer aka CSO to confirm.

I had encountered cases that item is eligible but when check out, shipping fee kicks in, with confirmation by CSO, I went ahead, CSO will do the adjustment accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If it is eligible for free global shipping, i will check with the customer service officer aka CSO to confirm.

I had encountered cases that item is eligible but when check out, shipping fee kicks in, with confirmation by CSO, I went ahead, CSO will do the adjustment accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i checked jor the honeywell is not eligible for free global shipping for above usd$125.

maybe i am wrong.

Thanks for the thought

I have two other units from EuropAce as posted, so it's not urgent for me.

Just an idea to get a bigger unit with a permanent filter for my home.

Maybe we can do an MO of sorts...

Shipping does go down a little with more units.. and add a few BR discs too ;)

maybe u can consider get from amazon uk instead, so no need transformer. Get it shipped back by vpost or peter from the forum.

Just FYI

Surgical masks don't work against the haze.

Aircons don't filter out the particles.

But it's better to stay home.

The diffusion gradient of haze particles still helps. There are permanent masks which are useful. I bought some in ROC where there is a permanent haze or air pollution..  On a relatively brighter note, this current haze is nothing like Normal Beijing air... you can almost cut the air with a knife... so we should be grateful for small mercies... My Chinese, Indian and Bangladeshi friends are wondering what the fuss is about  ;D

Just FYI

Surgical masks don't work against the haze.

Aircons don't filter out the particles.

But it's better to stay home.

The diffusion gradient of haze particles still helps. There are permanent masks which are useful. I bought some in ROC where there is a permanent haze or air pollution..  On a relatively brighter note, this current haze is nothing like Normal Beijing air... you can almost cut the air with a knife... so we should be grateful for small mercies... My Chinese, Indian and Bangladeshi friends are wondering what the fuss is about  ;D

Heard in Bejing can hit the 1000 mark! They will come here for a breath for fresh air.

I am considering getting the blueair 450E for my living room and blueair 270E each for my bedrooms. Thinking to ship them from amazon uk or wait for local distributor to restock.

Thanks for the thought

I am interested in getting one. Please let me know if proceeding with MO.

Thanks

Thanks for the thought

Is there a need for an MO, I tried to checkout 1 vs 3 and the charges are cheaper for 1 pc. Don't forget there is GST above S$400. I'm considering getting some purifiers for myself and elderly parents/grandparents and thought it would be easier to ship them directly to the respective addresses. Seems like shipping individually is the way to go so please do check the numbers before ordering.

Blueair does not belongs to value for $ range. Their cheapest model will be usd3xx.

Value for $ at the moment vs local pricing will goes to Honeywell at the moment. Aside from ordering the unit, get some pre-filters, HRF-AP1, at usd9.94, do not bother with oem pre-filter.

Can use 17000 in living room if find 5xxxx series expensive, just switch to high mode for a longer period before switching back to low for the rest of the day.

Rating pretty low, not more than 150w, to be on the safe side, I had bought 250w to run my purifier, I had encountered using low power transformer, cut off my vornado fan midway. Hope it helps.

These HoneyWell seem to be very noisy for the CAR. Any other recommendations?

I've had these Honeywell air cleaners for 20 years. I imported a 110V one from the US many years ago (it was like 30% the cost from the agent in Singapore), but I never ever managed to find a transformer that got it to work the way the 240V ones worked. In particular, the different fan speeds weren't very distinct and it always ran on high. It's something about transformers and electric motors.

Heh! I'd buy local but I think everywhere out of stock. Been reading more about air purifiers lately, always poo-poohed them a bit but have some good uses.

Is there a need for an MO, I tried to checkout 1 vs 3 and the charges are cheaper for 1 pc. Don't forget there is GST above S$400. I'm considering getting some purifiers for myself and elderly parents/grandparents and thought it would be easier to ship them directly to the respective addresses. Seems like shipping individually is the way to go so please do check the numbers before ordering.

I try to order Honeywell-17000 from Amazon US and it doesn't allow me to ship to Singapore address. It this only me? How are you guys doing shipment. Direct shipment to Singapore or ship through Singpost.

Thanks