The Power Line Conditioner Thread

I don't have any yet. Planning to run 2 direct lines so considering whether to connect to conditioner or regular distributor. Feel kind of wasted if I can only use half of the available sockets in the conditioner to maintain the separate analog & digital line.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giraffe, understand wat u meant abt the conditioner.. I'm not going for the ultimate, still a long long way to even smell that... just trying to learn & start with the right basics..

If I start without a conditioner and go for direct connections 1st... instead of having wall socket, can I connect the lines directly fm the mcb to a power strip like below instead of wall socket to power strip? If I do that, what are the options for good quality ones?

Just ordered the bada LB-5500 from china and asking my friend to bring back to SG.  This is my first time ever using power line conditioner/filter. 

Would like the advice from experts who have used before:

1) Direct Line -  What does it means?  usually what component is used on this socket?

2) The black color socket - Any socket that can fits in can be used?

3)  Usually for turntable, which one to use?

Thanks

Guest mousike

That's a nice piece of gear...how much you paid??  :)

Just ordered the bada LB-5500 from china and asking my friend to bring back to SG.  This is my first time ever using power line conditioner/filter. 

1) Direct Line -  What does it means?  usually what component is used on this socket?

Thanks

If

Giraffe, understand wat u meant abt the conditioner.. I'm not going for the ultimate, still a long long way to even smell that... just trying to learn & start with the right basics..

If I start without a conditioner and go for direct connections 1st... instead of having wall socket, can I connect the lines directly fm the mcb to a power strip like below instead of wall socket to power strip? If I do that, what are the options for good quality ones?

The basic idea is to have separate circuit for hooking up analog & digital components with either US or UK plugs

Then use separate conditioner for each circuit.

How you want to go about doing it depends on whether $$$ is a major consideration...i.e. high end wiring ($100/m) or industrial electrical cable ($10/m), expensive conditioner (x1000/nos) or just normal distributor (20-30/nos)

Thanks to the advise of many experienced XP bros, I've upgraded my electrical circuit and made dedicated lines for hifi, isolated from HT & domestic usage.

After trial & error with some conditioner, i went for the more expensive conditioner that suits my ears and have never looked back since.

Cheers  ;D

If The basic idea is to have separate circuit for hooking up analog & digital components with either US or UK plugs

Then use separate conditioner for each circuit.

How you want to go about doing it depends on whether $$$ is a major consideration...i.e. high end wiring ($100/m) or industrial electrical cable ($10/m), expensive conditioner (x1000/nos) or just normal distributor (20-30/nos)

Thanks to the advise of many experienced XP bros, I've upgraded my electrical circuit and made dedicated lines for hifi, isolated from HT & domestic usage.

After trial & error with some conditioner, i went for the more expensive conditioner that suits my ears and have never looked back since.

Cheers  ;D

Thanks bro, u pretty much summed it up. Ive decided to go for 2 lines each connected to 2 X dual receptacle, without conditioner at the moment.

That's a nice piece of gear...how much you paid??  :)

$120.

Don't expect miracles from this $120 conditioner.  I only use it for my HT gear... :)

Noted and thanks.  Have to start somewhere.  Anyway this website has an interesting read.

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2011/03/23/how-to-spend-your-money-stack-ranking-upgrades/

Good DIY effort but do take note that the Mundorf MCap Capacitors are not X or Y rated.  ;)

Yes i understand that Mundorf caps are not X or Y rated. I just check the specs and did some research before using it. The mundoef supreme i am using is rated at 800V DC or roughly 500V AC. Audience Adept Conditioner use their Auricaps capacitors and not a single X or Y rated caps.

I am not saying it is safe to use. I had been using it for years and so far no issue. Of all the caps i did use for AC application, either X, Y rated or non rated, Mundorf is the best in overall balance.

No flames intended ;D ;D ;D.

Do at your own risk !

I posted some time ago about my cap rated at 600 VDC that exploded in the middle of the night when used across the mains. In case you are thinking it was some pariah brand, it was a highly rated audiophile cap that costs multiples of the Mundorf Supreme.

I've also used another brand (also non-X rated) that worked for months without issue.

That being said, I wouldn't really risk safety just for better sonics.

Yes i understand that Mundorf caps are not X or Y rated. I just check the specs and did some research before using it. The mundoef supreme i am using is rated at 800V DC or roughly 500V AC. Audience Adept Conditioner use their Auricaps capacitors and not a single X or Y rated caps.

I am not saying it is safe to use. I had been using it for years and so far no issue. Of all the caps i did use for AC application, either X, Y rated or non rated, Mundorf is the best in overall balance.

No flames intended ;D ;D ;D.

Do at your own risk !

I posted some time ago about my cap rated at 600 VDC that exploded in the middle of the night when used across the mains. In case you are thinking it was some pariah brand, it was a highly rated audiophile cap that costs multiples of the Mundorf Supreme.

I've also used another brand (also non-X rated) that worked for months without issue.

That being said, I wouldn't really risk safety just for better sonics.

There is no argument at all. It is do at your own risk.

Just to take note, the Supremes are rated higher at 800vdc

I think the silver in oil at 1200Vdc / 800Vac

I just bought one. It's connected to my 20amp dedicated hifi line that runs direct from the db.

Direct means no filtering. Sub woofer can be connected to direct. Your digital sources can be connected to filtered sockets.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

An interesting product from Blue Horizon.

NO information not available on the website yet except on 6moons.

Tested SINE SAF-30A with this analyser at Kuching hifi shop. Very cool tester, main power got noise "no house run". According to the shop, this analyser is not selling to end user. 8) 8) 8)

Guys

1 thing to note.

If u are changing aircon or fridge, pls get inverter type. The motors run consistently and will not start , stop in conventional motors causing large spikes of current inrush. This reduces noise in ur mains.

Tested SINE SAF-30A with this analyser at Kuching hifi shop. Very cool tester, main power got noise "no house run". According to the shop, this analyser is not selling to end user. 8) 8) 8)

wow~ bro nic, great pics.

Did you take any readings after the equipment is turned on?

From the 6moons review, equipment plugged into the power conditioner will pollute the line.

wow~ bro nic, great pics.

Did you take any readings after the equipment is turned on?

From the 6moons review, equipment plugged into the power conditioner will pollute the line.

Only spent short time at the shop, did not take reading with any equipment plug in. If the dealer can provide home main power noise analise service will be good. :P

The hifi shop owner is very nice guy, will take more photo when my next visit. ;D