Denon AV Owners Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In SG, does 8500 have other colour then black ... like the 7200 they just bring in black colour only ☺

I don't so, at least not in the first batch. You can call Denon to check if they will bring in other colors later on. In any case, you will have trouble matching other amps or gear unless you have a silver / champagne theme..

Why worry about HDMI 2.1?8K, high frame rates,etc?Most of the stuff it adds, like higher resolutions and frame rates, won't be widely available for years, if they come at all.

you buy first enjoy first. Don't lose sleep over such things. ;D

For those worry about planned obsolescence arising from the HDMI 2.1 in the horizon...Fear not as I recall I read somewhere that if HDMI 2.1 truly ratified in the near future, D&M will provide upgrade for the daughter board but you must bring in the unit to their service centre. That aside, to ally the fears of those sitting on the fence for this one, the software (content) to take full advantage of the prowess of HDMI 2.1 like 8K is still very very far away. This should NOT be your primary concern when getting the AVC-X8500H. For those with deep pockets, this is highly recommended imo.

You should this time, mine is not even seasoned yet, and the impact, surround steering,etc, is another level up from the previous x7200.

So you are using 8500 huh?

When I do comparison, the processors/HDMI main board of 8500 seems smaller size compare to 8802A.

Silent killer is coming out soon .... 8805 ... 8805A

I wonder how it (8500) sounds compare to my Marantz 8802A... wont mind to pay you a visit bro ?

Price of 8802A was about the same price as 8500 too even though there is no built in amp at all.

;D

For those worry about planned obsolescence arising from the HDMI 2.1 in the horizon...Fear not as I recall I read somewhere that if HDMI 2.1 truly ratified in the near future, D&M will provide upgrade for the daughter board but you must bring in the unit to their service centre. That aside, to ally the fears of those sitting on the fence for this one, the software (content) to take full advantage of the prowess of HDMI 2.1 like 8K is still very very far away. This should NOT be your primary concern when getting the AVC-X8500H. For those with deep pockets, this is highly recommended imo.

Yes there will be a board, the question of course is how much.

But it's fun to enjoy something new... so when will you bite bro, you are the king here of new tech :)

Yes there will be a board, the question of course is how much.

But it's fun to enjoy something new... so when will you bite bro, you are the king here of new tech :)

My pocket not that "deep"...but you can rest assured that if I ever bought it, I will thoroughly test it...be it the different speaker layout, combo, 13.1 channel built-in amplification, the return of the "wides" speaker layout to complement Object-based listening as well as the Audyssey app...:P

My pocket not that "deep"...but you can rest assured that if I ever bought it, I will thoroughly test it...be it the different speaker layout, combo, 13.1 channel built-in amplification, the return of the "wides" speaker layout to complement Object-based listening as well as the Audyssey app...:P

Boss Desray, you do not need deep pockets for the 8500, recently i let go one of my 2  Denon x7200WA at S$1700,sell your X7200 and buy the 8500H. ;D

So you are using 8500 huh?

When I do comparison, the processors/HDMI main board of 8500 seems smaller size compare to 8802A.

Silent killer is coming out soon .... 8805 ... 8805A

I wonder how it (8500) sounds compare to my Marantz 8802A... wont mind to pay you a visit bro ?

Price of 8802A was about the same price as 8500 too even though there is no built in amp at all.

;D

Work in progress bro, but if you dont mind, and you are near Hougang, you can have a go! ;D

If you have S$6000 now, the AV8805 is yours! ;D

39691199555_078018f240_b.jpg

Jan97 yah enjoy first ! :)

WOW seem u r the first x8500H owner in SG! : cheers huat arrr

hmm what speakers r they? LR LR? :) look massive:)

No, i am not the first.  ;D Those speakers are M&K S150II LCR.